LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 245 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
As a member of the faithful I'd say yes. I just think coaches who are seeing the players in practice know more about the players than reporters. Are Cambell, Yiadom and Bell struggling horribly? Yes. Is it concerning for Green, Winters and Cowing that they can't impress enough to move up the depth chart? Also yes.

Agreed
possible new hat for coach

Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by PatandBow:
lol. Isn't that what we are all here for?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Here you go:

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/three-position-changes-2024-season/1786164/

Thing is Winters was terrible in preseason. So you are making a change to make a change. If anything Robinson should be the wlb with Warner.

How dare you question the opinion of a journalist and a random person on a forum board. They clearly know more than the coach who's gotten to multiple Super Bowls.

Lol. Isn't that what we are all here for? To second guess and debate?

You would think that being a fan of the Team that takes the field is acceptable entry into this forum.

Apparently having a different view and opinion about the Coach is unacceptable behavior though.

You're only allowed to have an opinion and viewpoint as certain other members have.

I read over the forum rules and I don't remember seeing anything about being a public positive poster about Shanahan as a requirement.

There's also nothing in the rules that says you're free of criticism of your opinions. It's the craziest thing people may believe someone who's a head coach and coached at a very high level may know more than you.

Well, I'm basing my argument off of facts and stats. What are you basing your's off? Faith?

As a member of the faithful I'd say yes. I just think coaches who are seeing the players in practice know more about the players than reporters. Are Cambell, Yiadom and Bell struggling horribly? Yes. Is it concerning for Green, Winters and Cowing that they can't impress enough to move up the depth chart? Also yes.

We also know that Shanahan is notoriously hard on rookies and also limits their time no matter how they perform in preseason or otherwise, so it's fair to say that he's set in his ways.
We also know that Shanahan is notoriously hard on rookies and also limits their time no matter how they perform in preseason or otherwise, so it's fair to say that he's set in his ways.

So was Bill Belichick
Here you go:

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/three-position-changes-2024-season/1786164/

Thing is Winters was terrible in preseason. So you are making a change to make a change. If anything Robinson should be the wlb with Warner.

How dare you question the opinion of a journalist and a random person on a forum board. They clearly know more than the coach who's gotten to multiple Super Bowls.

You would think that being a fan of the Team that takes the field is acceptable entry into this forum.

Apparently having a different view and opinion about the Coach is unacceptable behavior though.

You're only allowed to have an opinion and viewpoint as certain other members have.

I read over the forum rules and I don't remember seeing anything about being a public positive poster about Shanahan as a requirement.

There's also nothing in the rules that says you're free of criticism of your opinions. It's the craziest thing people may believe someone who's a head coach and coached at a very high level may know more than you.

Well, I'm basing my argument off of facts and stats. What are you basing your's off? Faith?

It's also fair to say his way has been very successful
It's also fair to say his way has been very successful

Amazing that he's been so successful since he's best suited as no higher than an offensive quality control coach.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 25, 2024 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by DrEll:
Tomlin has a Super Bowl to his name. If Kyle has won in 2019 or 2023, the argument becomes moot because he's proven himself. The problem here is that his fans think that yearly trips to the playoffs is a good enough to keep him around forever. And it's not…

It's not yearly trips to the playoffs. It's yearly trips to the damn championship game. Andy Reid is the only guy coming close to that.
Originally posted by English:
Actually I'm not. That's why I expect SB or bust year in and year out. It's the young lazy fans that enjoy the "journey"…the "camaraderie"….the "effort" the team gives week in and week out. It's lame. As I've said before, EddieD would not have stood for this BS. Kyle would likely have been tossed after he lost that Rams NFCC game, giving up his second 10 point lead in the closing moments.

the Jed Yorks of this world only care about the revenue. They have the youngsters duped…

Um, I don't know how old you are, but you should be aware that Eddie DeBartolo pressured Bill Walsh out of the Niners. And very much as tossing Shanahan out now would be a massive mistake, that was a huge error too. Just because Eddie DeBartolo did it doesn't make it right.

Seifert won two SBs after Eddie D pressured Bill Walsh out. And he fired Seifert for not overcoming the Packers, despite winning 2 SBs. That is the standard our coaching staff should be held to, not "well at least he makes us competitive every year".

Who are you hiring smart guy?
Been on here since 2003, was in zilla first fantasy league, don't ever post on here anymore.
After watching the last game and the last couple years I'm afraid to say as a shanahan fan, I don't believe we ever win the superbowl unless Brock Purdy carries him like Mahomes did Reid.
He seems so focused on offense he get lost in that, instead of managing the game.
But also blew the lead as offensive coordinator. Maybe he's just not good with pressure.
Originally posted by nolimit2game:
Been on here since 2003, was in zilla first fantasy league, don't ever post on here anymore.
After watching the last game and the last couple years I'm afraid to say as a shanahan fan, I don't believe we ever win the superbowl unless Brock Purdy carries him like Mahomes did Reid.
He seems so focused on offense he get lost in that, instead of managing the game.
But also blew the lead as offensive coordinator. Maybe he's just not good with pressure.

Most of the best Super Bowl winning head coaches have had Hall of Fame QBs: Lombardi, Noll, Shula, Walsh, Seifert, Holmgren, Vermeil, and so on. Belichick, Coughlin, Reid, Payton, Cowher, Tomlin and perhaps McVay will be added to that list once their QBs retire and get elected in.

In some ways this makes Gibbs the greatest head coach of the Super Bowl Era as the only one to win 3 Super Bowls without a HoF QB.

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Stupid Steelers not firing Tomlin for not meeting their 70s standards.

Tomlin won a Super Bowl.

Over 15 years ago.

Since then he has had 9 playoff appearances and has missed the playoffs 6 times. He's been to the AFCCG but twice out of those 9 playoff appearances and lost one SB.

Tomlin has a Super Bowl. Does it need repeating ?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Tomlin has a Super Bowl to his name. If Kyle has won in 2019 or 2023, the argument becomes moot because he's proven himself. The problem here is that his fans think that yearly trips to the playoffs is a good enough to keep him around forever. And it's not…

Tomlin won a SB with someone else's team. Dude hasn't been to a SB in 13 yrs and the yr before he lost it….that's with a first ballot HOF QB that he never even drafted.

He's proven he can win 8-10 games a yr this past decade can't find an QB and can't win it all with HIS team.

Yet…..Tomlin has a Super Bowl. Winning the Lombardi changes everything. If Kyle had won it in 2019 like he should have with a 10 point lead and half a quarter to go, not one person could argue his merit. He's a perennial "almost had it", and he gets away with it because (A) the current owner is focused on ticket sales and revenue, and (B) the fanbase is satisfied with second place because 31 other teams didn't get second place.
Yet…..Tomlin has a Super Bowl. Winning the Lombardi changes everything. If Kyle had won it in 2019 like he should have with a 10 point lead and half a quarter to go, not one person could argue his merit. He's a perennial "almost had it", and he gets away with it because (A) the current owner is focused on ticket sales and revenue, and (B) the fanbase is satisfied with second place because 31 other teams didn't get second place.

Well Mike McCarthy will be out in Dallas after this year. Fire Kyle and hire him I take it?
Here you go:

Criticize at will. It's all good. I have no problem with it. I will always be faithful.

I just don't think Shanahan is going to ever win the Super Bowl with us.

That opinion and belief doesn't make me any less of a fan than you. It doesn't make me any less of a member of this forum than you.

Same goes for DrEll and SanDiego.

I can't speak for others, I just know that I want to win rings, not be the 2nd coming of the 1990's Buffalo Bills.
Criticize at will. It's all good. I have no problem with it. I will always be faithful.

I just don't think Shanahan is going to ever win the Super Bowl with us.

That opinion and belief doesn't make me any less of a fan than you. It doesn't make me any less of a member of this forum than you.

Same goes for DrEll and SanDiego.

I can't speak for others, I just know that I want to win rings, not be the 2nd coming of the 1990's Buffalo Bills.

Neither do I. But I also don't want to be the 2nd coming of the 00's and 10's Bills. It's far more likely that moving off Kyle will lead to that then rings.
Share 49ersWebzone