LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 248 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
As a member of the faithful I'd say yes. I just think coaches who are seeing the players in practice know more about the players than reporters. Are Cambell, Yiadom and Bell struggling horribly? Yes. Is it concerning for Green, Winters and Cowing that they can't impress enough to move up the depth chart? Also yes.

Completely Agree with you 100%
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
possible new hat for coach

Off this topic a little but……that white long sleeve shirt that Kyle has worn the past few games…..🔥🔥

It's the only thing he's gotten right in about 8-9 months or so 💯
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by PatandBow:
lol. Isn't that what we are all here for?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Here you go:

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/three-position-changes-2024-season/1786164/

Thing is Winters was terrible in preseason. So you are making a change to make a change. If anything Robinson should be the wlb with Warner.

How dare you question the opinion of a journalist and a random person on a forum board. They clearly know more than the coach who's gotten to multiple Super Bowls.

Lol. Isn't that what we are all here for? To second guess and debate?

You would think that being a fan of the Team that takes the field is acceptable entry into this forum.

Apparently having a different view and opinion about the Coach is unacceptable behavior though.

You're only allowed to have an opinion and viewpoint as certain other members have.

I read over the forum rules and I don't remember seeing anything about being a public positive poster about Shanahan as a requirement.

There's also nothing in the rules that says you're free of criticism of your opinions. It's the craziest thing people may believe someone who's a head coach and coached at a very high level may know more than you.

Well, I'm basing my argument off of facts and stats. What are you basing your's off? Faith?

As a member of the faithful I'd say yes. I just think coaches who are seeing the players in practice know more about the players than reporters. Are Cambell, Yiadom and Bell struggling horribly? Yes. Is it concerning for Green, Winters and Cowing that they can't impress enough to move up the depth chart? Also yes.

We also know that Shanahan is notoriously hard on rookies and also limits their time no matter how they perform in preseason or otherwise, so it's fair to say that he's set in his ways.

It's also fair to say his way has been very successful

I'm not sure that's totally clear. How do we know what they would have done otherwise or without distrust.
If old please delete, ai but true

Garbage, overrated head coach. Sick of his monumental collapses with leads. In games he should win. Time to move on. He's not irreplaceable.

Originally posted by mitpdub:

😂
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Garbage, overrated head coach. Sick of his monumental collapses with leads. In games he should win. Time to move on. He's not irreplaceable.

😭
Originally posted by mitpdub:

The AI posts are so funny
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

C'mon San Diego stop it.

Lol but who do we get to replace? I am frustrated too and have been lol but come on. Who are we going to get?

Maybe he will be the Dan Marino of SB coaches..the greatest coach to never win an SB lol

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Tomlin has a Super Bowl to his name. If Kyle has won in 2019 or 2023, the argument becomes moot because he's proven himself. The problem here is that his fans think that yearly trips to the playoffs is a good enough to keep him around forever. And it's not…

Tomlin won a SB with someone else's team. Dude hasn't been to a SB in 13 yrs and the yr before he lost it….that's with a first ballot HOF QB that he never even drafted.

He's proven he can win 8-10 games a yr this past decade can't find an QB and can't win it all with HIS team.

f**k no on Mike Tomlin, dumb ass coach who tried to cheat by getting in the way of a player scoring. Lost all respect for him when I seen that, that f**ker knew what he was doing.
Originally posted by nolimit2game:
Been on here since 2003, was in zilla first fantasy league, don't ever post on here anymore.
After watching the last game and the last couple years I'm afraid to say as a shanahan fan, I don't believe we ever win the superbowl unless Brock Purdy carries him like Mahomes did Reid.
He seems so focused on offense he get lost in that, instead of managing the game.
But also blew the lead as offensive coordinator. Maybe he's just not good with pressure.

I do not think Purdy just having hof career is going to get it done, he would have to at least have Flacco like hot streak and carry Shanahan over the line. Unfortunately this is the only way I see him getting it done with the 49ers. He's has been a ton of fun to watch but also a ton of disappointment to watch.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Criticize at will. It's all good. I have no problem with it. I will always be faithful.

I just don't think Shanahan is going to ever win the Super Bowl with us.

That opinion and belief doesn't make me any less of a fan than you. It doesn't make me any less of a member of this forum than you.

Same goes for DrEll and SanDiego.

I can't speak for others, I just know that I want to win rings, not be the 2nd coming of the 1990's Buffalo Bills.

Neither do I. But I also don't want to be the 2nd coming of the 00's and 10's Bills. It's far more likely that moving off Kyle will lead to that then rings.

No it's not. Not in the way this league is set up. Look at the Seahawks. Lose Carroll, still winning. You only start losing when you go into rebuild mode eg NE. We have a good core of players (and I give Kyle and Lynch full credit for that), now we just need a coach to get them over the top. Remember Dungy with the Bucs. Just couldn't get it done then Gruden comes in and they're SB champs. This team still has a good foundation especially if Brock is what he looks like he will be. Put some solid schemes around him and the defense and we're still SB contenders.
lol. Isn't that what we are all here for?
Here you go:

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/three-position-changes-2024-season/1786164/

Thing is Winters was terrible in preseason. So you are making a change to make a change. If anything Robinson should be the wlb with Warner.

How dare you question the opinion of a journalist and a random person on a forum board. They clearly know more than the coach who's gotten to multiple Super Bowls.

Lol. Isn't that what we are all here for? To second guess and debate?

You would think that being a fan of the Team that takes the field is acceptable entry into this forum.

Apparently having a different view and opinion about the Coach is unacceptable behavior though.

You're only allowed to have an opinion and viewpoint as certain other members have.

I read over the forum rules and I don't remember seeing anything about being a public positive poster about Shanahan as a requirement.

There's also nothing in the rules that says you're free of criticism of your opinions. It's the craziest thing people may believe someone who's a head coach and coached at a very high level may know more than you.

Well, I'm basing my argument off of facts and stats. What are you basing your's off? Faith?

We also know that Shanahan is notoriously hard on rookies and also limits their time no matter how they perform in preseason or otherwise, so it's fair to say that he's set in his ways.

It's also fair to say his way has been very successful

I'm not sure that's totally clear. How do we know what they would have done otherwise or without distrust.

Lol ffs these haters
Originally posted by DrEll:
No it's not. Not in the way this league is set up. Look at the Seahawks. Lose Carroll, still winning. You only start losing when you go into rebuild mode eg NE. We have a good core of players (and I give Kyle and Lynch full credit for that), now we just need a coach to get them over the top. Remember Dungy with the Bucs. Just couldn't get it done then Gruden comes in and they're SB champs. This team still has a good foundation especially if Brock is what he looks like he will be. Put some solid schemes around him and the defense and we're still SB contenders.

I also remember Dungy going to Indy and becoming more successful with the Colts then Gruden was with the Bucs.
Share 49ersWebzone