There are 429 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Montana:
Gross lol

I will be in love when he actually stops being Dan Marino and wins something lol

We love our coach and not in love with the person.

Speak for yourself.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
he just sounds on Kyle like you do on Brock

Lol been waiting 30 yrs for a good Niners qb, I may have been excited. Seeing Young lift up the Lombardi with all that emotion seems forever ago. Cause it kinda has been lol. The drought seasons were harsh.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Speak for yourself.

Lol ok well, he does look sharp in that white, long sleeve ngl lol.
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Weird how when you google epic collapse his is the first image that shows up
Originally posted by Deebo:

That's my first image. I don't get any Kyle Shanahan on the first page. Got some Jalen Hurts, Sirianni and Texas Rangers. Kyle does show up on best current NFL coaches search though.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Tomlin has a Super Bowl to his name. If Kyle has won in 2019 or 2023, the argument becomes moot because he's proven himself. The problem here is that his fans think that yearly trips to the playoffs is a good enough to keep him around forever. And it's not…

Tomlin won a SB with someone else's team. Dude hasn't been to a SB in 13 yrs and the yr before he lost it….that's with a first ballot HOF QB that he never even drafted.

He's proven he can win 8-10 games a yr this past decade can't find an QB and can't win it all with HIS team.

Most teams can't find a QB. Save for Kenny Pickett, they haven't really tried. Considering what happens league wide with bad QB play, including under Kyle, and offensive mastermind, but still has 3 losing seasons under his belt, it's amazing Tomlin does win 8 games or more given who he's had at QB, including past his prime Big Ben.

Also rebuilt his Oline in one year. And I'm not saying this to be anti-Kyle (Shanahan > Tomlin), but I think too many people think what he's done is easy. After Reid, Kyle, McVay, Harbaugh, you probably have to give it to Tomlin.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by PatandBow:
lol. Isn't that what we are all here for?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Here you go:

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/three-position-changes-2024-season/1786164/

Thing is Winters was terrible in preseason. So you are making a change to make a change. If anything Robinson should be the wlb with Warner.

How dare you question the opinion of a journalist and a random person on a forum board. They clearly know more than the coach who's gotten to multiple Super Bowls.

Lol. Isn't that what we are all here for? To second guess and debate?

You would think that being a fan of the Team that takes the field is acceptable entry into this forum.

Apparently having a different view and opinion about the Coach is unacceptable behavior though.

You're only allowed to have an opinion and viewpoint as certain other members have.

I read over the forum rules and I don't remember seeing anything about being a public positive poster about Shanahan as a requirement.

There's also nothing in the rules that says you're free of criticism of your opinions. It's the craziest thing people may believe someone who's a head coach and coached at a very high level may know more than you.

Well, I'm basing my argument off of facts and stats. What are you basing your's off? Faith?

As a member of the faithful I'd say yes. I just think coaches who are seeing the players in practice know more about the players than reporters. Are Cambell, Yiadom and Bell struggling horribly? Yes. Is it concerning for Green, Winters and Cowing that they can't impress enough to move up the depth chart? Also yes.

Kyle brings the rookies along slow, for better or worst. The good news is that they at least flashed. Hopefully we get to see more of them as the year progresses.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Garbage, overrated head coach. Sick of his monumental collapses with leads. In games he should win. Time to move on. He's not irreplaceable.
Lol but who do we get to replace? I am frustrated too and have been lol but come on. Who are we going to get?

Maybe he will be the Dan Marino of SB coaches..the greatest coach to never win an SB lol

Next to Don Coryell, he probably is :(. I'd take Kyle over the other candidates- Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer. Maybe you can argue George Allen and Bud Grant are better. But Kyle already is among the best to never win it all in my opinion, which is also why we are more likely to get worse than get better by moving off of him.
It's interesting to note that the coaches hired after those "best to not win it all" coaches were fired did far worse than their predecessors, across the board.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
he just sounds on Kyle like you do on Brock

I wasn't gonna say anything

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I wasn't gonna say anything

Originally posted by Deebo:

That's my first image. I don't get any Kyle Shanahan on the first page. Got some Jalen Hurts, Sirianni and Texas Rangers. Kyle does show up on best current NFL coaches search though.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Garbage, overrated head coach. Sick of his monumental collapses with leads. In games he should win. Time to move on. He's not irreplaceable.
Lol but who do we get to replace? I am frustrated too and have been lol but come on. Who are we going to get?

Maybe he will be the Dan Marino of SB coaches..the greatest coach to never win an SB lol

Next to Don Coryell, he probably is :(. I'd take Kyle over the other candidates- Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer. Maybe you can argue George Allen and Bud Grant are better. But Kyle already is among the best to never win it all in my opinion, which is also why we are more likely to get worse than get better by moving off of him.

He has a bit of a Marv Levy feel right now.

Offensive mastermind, just a tad short so far.

One huge major difference between Shanny and many ...mannnnny....coaches considered great is Shanny has survived a QB change. Lots of "elite" (air quote) coaches have been tied to a sole elite QB, when the QB is done, the "elite" coach is done.

That is why I personally have always had guys like Bill Parcels and Tom Moore (As an OC) so high up on my list
Originally posted by Dshearn:

One huge major difference between Shanny and many ...mannnnny....coaches considered great is Shanny has survived a QB change. Lots of "elite" (air quote) coaches have been tied to a sole elite QB, when the QB is done, the "elite" coach is done.

That is why I personally have always had guys like Bill Parcels and Tom Moore (As an OC) so high up on my list

It's why Gibbs is arguably the best coach of the Super Bowl era - only guy with 3 titles without a HoF QB, with three different QBs. Very impressive.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 27, 2024 at 2:08 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:

It's why Gibbs is arguably the best coach of the Super Bowl era - only guy with 3 titles without a HoF QB, with three different QBs. Very impressive.

and he got to 4 of them!

Joe Theismann should have an asterisk though... an MVP runner up, MVP winner, AND...superbowl winner should not be robbed of the HOF due to injury. he just peaked a little too late I guess...

I forgot about Levy. He absolutely is there.

Either way, Kyle was doing it with a quarterback that couldn't hold his job for a full season (Jimmy G).without Shanahan calling plays. Remarkable coaching job.
Originally posted by captveg:
It's interesting to note that the coaches hired after those "best to not win it all" coaches were fired did far worse than their predecessors, across the board.

Yup. I am not surprised. The two examples of teams winning it all when making a coaching change- Colts with McCafferty and Gruden with the Bucs (I do realize Shula and Dungy did win it all with other teams), both teams turned into pumpkins a mere 2-3 seasons once the coach that built the team was gone.
Share 49ersWebzone