Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Garbage, overrated head coach. Sick of his monumental collapses with leads. In games he should win. Time to move on. He's not irreplaceable.
Lol but who do we get to replace? I am frustrated too and have been lol but come on. Who are we going to get?

Maybe he will be the Dan Marino of SB coaches..the greatest coach to never win an SB lol

Next to Don Coryell, he probably is :(. I'd take Kyle over the other candidates- Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer. Maybe you can argue George Allen and Bud Grant are better. But Kyle already is among the best to never win it all in my opinion, which is also why we are more likely to get worse than get better by moving off of him.

He has a bit of a Marv Levy feel right now.

Offensive mastermind, just a tad short so far.

One huge major difference between Shanny and many ...mannnnny....coaches considered great is Shanny has survived a QB change. Lots of "elite" (air quote) coaches have been tied to a sole elite QB, when the QB is done, the "elite" coach is done.

That is why I personally have always had guys like Bill Parcels and Tom Moore (As an OC) so high up on my list

It's why Gibbs is arguably the best coach of the Super Bowl era - only guy with 3 titles without a HoF QB, with three different QBs. Very impressive.

and he got to 4 of them!

Joe Theismann should have an asterisk though... an MVP runner up, MVP winner, AND...superbowl winner should not be robbed of the HOF due to injury. he just peaked a little too late I guess...

They had a great O line and a solid defense. That's why I always said the 49ers run from 1981 to 1994 was greater than the Patriots. To get to the SB they had to beat out teams like Washington, the Giants, Cowboys and Packers. The NFC during that time was much stronger than the AFC during the Patriots run.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Garbage, overrated head coach. Sick of his monumental collapses with leads. In games he should win. Time to move on. He's not irreplaceable.
Lol but who do we get to replace? I am frustrated too and have been lol but come on. Who are we going to get?

Maybe he will be the Dan Marino of SB coaches..the greatest coach to never win an SB lol

Next to Don Coryell, he probably is :(. I'd take Kyle over the other candidates- Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer. Maybe you can argue George Allen and Bud Grant are better. But Kyle already is among the best to never win it all in my opinion, which is also why we are more likely to get worse than get better by moving off of him.

He has a bit of a Marv Levy feel right now.

Offensive mastermind, just a tad short so far.

One huge major difference between Shanny and many ...mannnnny....coaches considered great is Shanny has survived a QB change. Lots of "elite" (air quote) coaches have been tied to a sole elite QB, when the QB is done, the "elite" coach is done.

That is why I personally have always had guys like Bill Parcels and Tom Moore (As an OC) so high up on my list

It's why Gibbs is arguably the best coach of the Super Bowl era - only guy with 3 titles without a HoF QB, with three different QBs. Very impressive.

and he got to 4 of them!

Joe Theismann should have an asterisk though... an MVP runner up, MVP winner, AND...superbowl winner should not be robbed of the HOF due to injury. he just peaked a little too late I guess...

They had a great O line and a solid defense. That's why I always said the 49ers run from 1981 to 1994 was greater than the Patriots. To get to the SB they had to beat out teams like Washington, the Giants, Cowboys and Packers. The NFC during that time was much stronger than the AFC during the Patriots run.

Bears as well. Don't forget we faced them twice in NFC CGs (1984, 1988).
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 28, 2024 at 9:37 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone