There are 226 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by Montana:
Imagine being up 30 pts and complaining
it's hilarious. people complaining about a blowout win.
sorry, some ppl don't just look at a result, especially against one of the worst teams in the NFL...
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Just Saw Maiocco post that the reason Niners offense must adapt is because defenses understand better what's coming now.

Exactly something spoken about here last offseason because everyone is copying his offense to the point it's dominant by far and now every defense is built to stop it more and more etc.

It's a natural evolution imo, I wonder how Kyle will evolve?

we saw a lil bit of it here. BP uncorking the deep ball. you can see DBs coming up to play the intermediate in breaking route. so they know our tendency. now we put on film hitting that deep ball when they do. that was a great rep.

Yes and I believe Olson called that out? That DB been cheating the in and return routes because Purdy has dominated there, but he smoked them deep.
Originally posted by communist:
sorry, some ppl don't just look at a result, especially against one of the worst teams in the NFL...

Yes, some people are just not that bright.
Interesting.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Interesting.

WTF. Aren't we a play action team? What's the deal here?
Originally posted by taney71:
Interesting.

When PA is rare it's more effective? Not an answer I'm just trying to understand why Kyle's calling it and motion lower than normal
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
When PA is rare it's more effective? Not an answer I'm just trying to understand why Kyle's calling it and motion lower than normal

Other than Houston, the 49ers and the Browns(lol), all the Shanaoffenses are up in the upper right hand corner.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by taney71:
Interesting.

Yes, and as well as Mason's been running, I'd assume play action would be pretty effective if Kyle would call it. Wonder why he's not.
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Sep 30, 2024 at 5:31 PM ]

ESPECIALLY if they are insistent complainers
Interesting.

We used to be leading or top of the league in motion, PA, YAC, now we are middle of the pack or towards the bottom.

When most of the league runs the same offenses, defenses are going to prepare better. Kyle just changing things up right now.

Kyle is great at dialling up running schemes whomever the running back is.

Jordan Mason is on target for something like a 1,900 running season if Christian McCaffrey doesn't return.

if you were a running back, you would love playing for Kyle.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Kyle is great at dialling up running schemes whomever the running back is.

Jordan Mason is on target for something like a 1,900 running season if Christian McCaffrey doesn't return.

if you were a running back, you would love playing for Kyle.

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Yes, some people are just not that bright.

Some people have about as much maturity as BA

To assume it's just looking at a result and then whine and criticize lol. It's enjoying a win. Try it some time.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Just Saw Maiocco post that the reason Niners offense must adapt is because defenses understand better what's coming now.

Exactly something spoken about here last offseason because everyone is copying his offense to the point it's dominant by far and now every defense is built to stop it more and more etc.

It's a natural evolution imo, I wonder how Kyle will evolve?

we saw a lil bit of it here. BP uncorking the deep ball. you can see DBs coming up to play the intermediate in breaking route. so they know our tendency. now we put on film hitting that deep ball when they do. that was a great rep.

Yes and I believe Olson called that out? That DB been cheating the in and return routes because Purdy has dominated there, but he smoked them deep.

I once heard an interview with Walsh after he retired. He was asked how his system would work with the new rules and defenses. He said he would need to change a few things but the basic structure could still works. obviously the game has changed even more since then so I wonder if he would still answer the question the same way.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I once heard an interview with Walsh after he retired. He was asked how his system would work with the new rules and defenses. He said he would need to change a few things but the basic structure could still works. obviously the game has changed even more since then so I wonder if he would still answer the question the same way.

Imagine Joe Montana playing in a league where he can't be hit.

Roger Craig in this era. Or Jerry Rice.
Share 49ersWebzone