There are 276 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Will Kyle ever take accountability for these horrid losses ?

What do you expect him to say when they fumble inside the 10 after a nice drive that could have sealed the game? Was he supposed to tell Mason not to fumble?
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by justjim77:
Kyle is ruining his team. Shame

You mean the coach that led the team to the NFC title game 4or the last 5 years. The only one he missed was when JG got hurt in the 2nd game of the year.

Belichick was fired, if he can catch s**t so can Kyle.

So you think Kyle should be fired?

He should at least be put on notice.

That accomplishes nothing. Every HC knows that his job is tenuous. He knows he's gotta win. Having Jed come out and announce "I have put Kyle on notice" or some similar performance art BS doesn't do anything except feed fan egoes.

If he doesn't get it figured out he'll feel the pressure, believe me.

What do you expect him to say when they fumble inside the 10 after a nice drive that could have sealed the game? Was he supposed to tell Mason not to fumble?
This response is getting tiresome. There's only so many times you can make this excuse before it points to the head of the team imo.
Hope he can turn this team around & make a run. Just have to get in the playoffs

You mean the coach that led the team to the NFC title game 4or the last 5 years. The only one he missed was when JG got hurt in the 2nd game of the year.

I think his drafting authority should be take away and the revamping of the D should be out of his control

So no. And that's not gonna happen cause Kyle runs the team and he's had plenty of success to suggest he knows what he's doing. We can't complain about his drafting then complain this team is too talented to lose this game.

We have spotty talent and the lack of decent depth is showing. I think they were lucky with the few big drafting hits and are using that good luck to hide all of the failures.

Well s**t we are factoring luck into drafting. Then we had bad luck our franchise QB who was supposed to be a Mahomes type talent ended up being a bum piece of trash.
He running this ship by himself, his geniuses are all gone, and the team resembles him.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Nah, as long as the national and local sports media (and some dumb fans) keep riding his jockstrap with the "offensive genius" label, he won't.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

This response is getting tiresome. There's only so many times you can make this excuse before it points to the head of the team imo.

Okay. You tell me who would be a better coach that's actually available. Go ahead Mr GM.
KYEL is the BAD LUCK to the team... Like NY posted, we have the best roster in the league.. but, WHY is it that we CAN'T WIN??

It's KYLE.. he is the BAD LUCK..
Originally posted by 9moon:
KYEL is the BAD LUCK to the team... Like NY posted, we have the best roster in the league.. but, WHY is it that we CAN'T WIN??

Still scratching my head about going for it on 4th & 23 in Cardinals territory when you could just pooch it to inside the 10 (or 5) and force the Cards to go almost the whole field (and maybe get the ball right back with good field position if you force a 3-and-out).
I'm ready to move on
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

Shanny deserves to be criticized, it's his team and it's under-performing. He also didn't make Mason fumble there. He didn't get Moody injured, and in a 1 point loss, that alone may have decided it (not having a kicker). You have to factor in the bad luck and bad plays by the players.
Shanny not coaching well enough, players not doing their job, bad luck. All those things can be true
[ Edited by BP13 on Oct 6, 2024 at 4:46 PM ]

I think his drafting authority should be take away and the revamping of the D should be out of his control

So no. And that's not gonna happen cause Kyle runs the team and he's had plenty of success to suggest he knows what he's doing. We can't complain about his drafting then complain this team is too talented to lose this game.

We have spotty talent and the lack of decent depth is showing. I think they were lucky with the few big drafting hits and are using that good luck to hide all of the failures.

Well s**t we are factoring luck into drafting. Then we had bad luck our franchise QB who was supposed to be a Mahomes type talent ended up being a bum piece of trash.

It was stupid to give up 3 first rounders, that move was dumb. What was lucky was Purdy saving Kyle's ass by being a gem.
Originally posted by 9moon:

We have arguably the best collection of skill position players when they're healthy.

Things change year to year. Our defense clearly has holes at every level.
Share 49ersWebzone