There are 272 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Will Kyle ever take accountability for these horrid losses ?

What do you expect him to say when they fumble inside the 10 after a nice drive that could have sealed the game? Was he supposed to tell Mason not to fumble?
This response is getting tiresome. There's only so many times you can make this excuse before it points to the head of the team imo.

Shanny deserves to be criticized, it's his team and it's under-performing. He also didn't make Mason fumble there. He didn't get Moody injured, and in a 1 point loss, that alone may have decided it (not having a kicker). You have to factor in the bad luck and bad plays by the players.
Shanny not coaching well enough, players not doing their job, bad luck. All those things can be true
100% this
I get that we don't have cmc but there's way too much talent on offense to struggle this much in the rz
Originally posted by Koldo:

Nah, as long as the national and local sports media (and some dumb fans) keep riding his jockstrap with the "offensive genius" label, he won't.

He is an offensive genius though and I'm pretty harsh on him. He's just like Harbaugh was in the NFL and even the NCAA for years when the game was on the line and he gets himself wound up(differently than crazy ass Harbaugh) and and I genuinely feel that permeates to the players and their mentality. Harbaugh eventually overcame it so I'm hoping Shanny can figure it out. He knows offense, he can get us there but he's gotta figure out how not to blow it.

And before anyone says "he didn't fumble the ball", nope he didn't but this just pop up today. I have been saying this for years
Originally posted by kujon11:
I get that we don't have cmc but there's way too much talent on offense to struggle this much in the rz

Redzone playcalling seems like an issue. Our pass plays could use some work.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Still scratching my head about going for it on 4th & 23 in Cardinals territory when you could just pooch it to inside the 10 (or 5) and force the Cards to go almost the whole field (and maybe get the ball right back with good field position if you force a 3-and-out).

Eh, I agree with going for it due to the FG not being an option, but I would have liked to have seen a play that threw it into the endzone for either a TD, incompletion or a touchback myself. I don't like punting it 25 yards when it can still easily bounce in for a touchback when punters aren't used to punting it so short on purpose.
This team is such a cluster cluck. Typical cool off season vibes. Just got fkd by injuries, got a s**t DC(thanks Kyle) and just can't get it together.
Originally posted by 9moon:
KYEL is the BAD LUCK to the team... Like NY posted, we have the best roster in the league.. but, WHY is it that we CAN'T WIN??

It's KYLE.. he is the BAD LUCK..

Originally posted by kujon11:

There's definitely something off with it all right now. They should start rotating the types of plays they have to use down there to see what breaks through because the ones they are using aren't working.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 6, 2024 at 4:51 PM ]
Even Brady kept pointing out why we weren't using play action to open stuff up in the Red Zone.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Koldo:

Nah, as long as the national and local sports media (and some dumb fans) keep riding his jockstrap with the "offensive genius" label, he won't.

He is an offensive genius though and I'm pretty harsh on him. He's just like Harbaugh was in the NFL and even the NCAA for years when the game was on the line and he gets himself wound up(differently than crazy ass Harbaugh) and and I genuinely feel that permeates to the players and their mentality. Harbaugh eventually overcame it so I'm hoping Shanny can figure it out. He knows offense, he can get us there but he's gotta figure out how not to blow it.

And before anyone says "he didn't fumble the ball", nope he didn't but this just pop up today. I have been saying this for years

He was on offensive genius. The Vikings shut him down. The rams second team defense shut him down in the second half. The cardinals worst d in the league shut him down in the second half.

Less than stellar this year

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 9moon:
KYEL is the BAD LUCK to the team... Like NY posted, we have the best roster in the league.. but, WHY is it that we CAN'T WIN??

It's KYLE.. he is the BAD LUCK..

We have arguably the best collection of skill position players when they're healthy.

Things change year to year. Our defense clearly has holes at every level.

.. and I WILL NOT disagree.. . except, we can't win because of Kyle, and Kyle's bad luck causes all the injuries which leads us to not able to win... and when we are winning, Kyle's inability to get out of the dark is the reason why we lose..
We were probably better off keeping Wilks than what we have now. Maybe a second year would've helped with installing his defense.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Still scratching my head about going for it on 4th & 23 in Cardinals territory when you could just pooch it to inside the 10 (or 5) and force the Cards to go almost the whole field (and maybe get the ball right back with good field position if you force a 3-and-out).

Eh, I agree with going for it due to the FG not being an option, but I would have liked to have seen a play that threw it into the endzone for either a TD, incompletion or a touchback myself. I don't like punting it 25 yards when it can still easily bounce in for a touchback when punters aren't used to punting it so short on purpose.

Missing the fg would have yielded the same results as the play we ran. That decision and that play all were the worst I've seen all season
Fire Kyle and hire Belichick
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Even Brady kept pointing out why we weren't using play action to open stuff up in the Red Zone.

Yeah, really glaring. The only one I can remember was right after he said that, in the fourth.
Share 49ersWebzone