There are 191 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Kyle, please visit a hair stylist!
Every year we start off slow. I try not to get overly worked up over a loss because in reality losses are just gonna happen. It's nearly impossible to go undefeated. That being said, something seems different this year. And I think the Super Bowl loss plays a part in it. Then you had the whole offseason and everyone holding out trying to get paid. Just seemed like the focus was everywhere else but what it should have been on, the on field performance. And a big blame should be on the Niners front office for their refusal to get deals done until the very last minute. Took Aiyuk a whole month to look like his old self.
It's just a Kyle and a F coaching staff. He needed legit help but did nothing in the offseason

It's not like 2017 when he had an All-Pro staff but needed All-Pro players. This year is the opposite.
[ Edited by Predator85 on Oct 6, 2024 at 6:03 PM ]
Have seen all 5 SB victories (hey, I'm only 56). Desperately want to see another one (and more). F*%k it, here's the solution:

-Hire Belichick as HC and he'll bring in his choice for OC & DC.

-Bring in Brady as QB (he'd unretire to play for his favorite childhood team).

-Trade for a better Center to work with Brady & the entire OL…to protect Brady and improve this OL (need to win in the trenches, especially in crunch time, in the playoffs, etc.).

Back to reality…want to see this team pick itself back up, clean up some things on O, D & ST, and start playing very good complementary football starting this Thursday in Seattle. Want to see a win this Thursday & then build off of that while starting to get key guys back healthy.
Originally posted by Deebo:
Originally posted by bud49:
Shanny getting handled by lesser talented teams.

Its a recurring theme. he just plain sucks

He has the tools. He's just SOFT.

When you're too nice to your players and staff you:
  1. Don't hold them accountable(Bell,Moody,Sorenston,Schneider)
  2. Start old inferior players(Yiadom, Odum, Campbell) instead of rookies who are better
  3. Let them skip practice because it's too warm and don't even bother to look for alternates,
  4. You don't find experienced solid coaches for your staff (DC and ST) because you want soft coordinators who agree with you.

The worst SOFT trait of Kyle is his sphincter tightens up in the 4th quarter and he calls plays out of rhythm and has no killer instinct.He hopes for individual players to bail him out. All these heartbreaking games are not just bad luck, his philosophy puts his players in position to win(or lose) and it's so predictable that the other DCs know what his tendency is and he does it.

I don't think he's done here yet because he's proving to be the Steve DeBerg of coaches. Until he fixes his fatal flaws we will be just good enough to lose the big games.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Every year we start off slow. I try not to get overly worked up over a loss because in reality losses are just gonna happen. It's nearly impossible to go undefeated. That being said, something seems different this year. And I think the Super Bowl loss plays a part in it. Then you had the whole offseason and everyone holding out trying to get paid. Just seemed like the focus was everywhere else but what it should have been on, the on field performance. And a big blame should be on the Niners front office for their refusal to get deals done until the very last minute. Took Aiyuk a whole month to look like his old self.

Starting off slow for this team has been a thing over the recent years, but this year it's more concerning because two of the losses have been against bad teams that are in your division, and definitely should've won each of those games. The Vikes loss wasn't a bad one as they seem to be a much better team this year - the Niners were in that game with a chance to win.

Want to see the Niners come back strong with a good game & win at Seattle this Thursday.
Runs all kind of underneath s**t until he gets to the redzone and THEN he wants to test the outer perimeter. My guy is dumb
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
People think we win Thursday and we're back on track. We're getting rocked by KC, probably Dallas, and then you have GB Det Buffalo still to play.

dynasty ova folks…
Originally posted by DrEll:
People think we win Thursday and we're back on track. We're getting rocked by KC, probably Dallas, and then you have GB Det Buffalo still to play.

dynasty ova folks…

If we win on Thursday we are not just back on track but first place in our division with McCaffrey coming back against the Chiefs at home.
Originally posted by communist:
Yeah, he and Sorensen both have that OC surfer, chill man haircut. Cringe

Originally posted by zeppfan1:

More of a methy vibe tbh.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Lol
Originally posted by communist:

I like the locks? Dnt like the job he is doing though
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Um no lol
Shana_FANS got more excuses than the Al_EXCUSES days. He's completely over matched and out coached all the time. Can't keep a lead or close out a game. Can't win the big games. It is what it is. Time to move on from him. We need new coaching.
Share 49ersWebzone