There are 250 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I don't mind the chuckle. Missing the playoffs with this talent, followed by the QB saga that's to follow, and with a coach that looks like he's losing years off his life.

this staff isn't a lock to come back, whether fired or voluntarily, if we choke the season away as embarrassingly as we have.

Its barely October. Last season they lost three in a row heading into the bye. In 2022 they were 3-4 early in the season. In 2021 they were 3-5 at one point.

And this year they have had quite a few more injury issues early on. Maybe wait a few months before panicking?

Perhaps we turn this season around. For sure.

but, that wasn't a subject touched on in my post
Originally posted by 9erson3:
2-2 against four teams that have a combined two total victories against teams not named the 49ers .

this entire staff is gone after this season without some sort of miracle

If the Webzone had its way, no coach would last more than 5-6 weeks.

How about year 9 if it stays as it is now. Is that long enough or more?

If this year, Year 8, doesn't lead to another strong playoff run (hopefully things turn around and it does -hopefully a SB), questions absolutely should be asked about this coaching staff all the way through considering the talent on this team..

You're already talking about "choking away the season" and its October 6th.
For sure. There are no coaches in the nfl in jeopardy of losing their job after a long post season run. Completely baseless claim by me….my bad

oh wait…there is a coach….with Kyle's credentials….in jeopardy of losing his job.

to disagree is one thing. To laugh at the idea just makes you naive

Listen, you said it would take a miracle for the staff to be back after this season. That implies it is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Let me know what you'd like to bet.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
If the web zone had its way Kyle would be given a lifetime contract regardless of how his teams perform… works both ways.

Team has gone to nfc championship game in 4 of 5 years and is off to a slow start through 5 games this season.

If you think that staff should be fired, your expectations are absurdly high. If you think it's going to take a miracle for them to keep their job after this season, as a poster said above, you're delusional.

There is truth to that but as absurd as it may sound, our reigning years have been when the West was down as well as the NFC in general. For whatever reasons all the best QBs and the better teams were in the AFC. It does seem a rebalance is taking place as is inevitable. I don't think our trip to the top will be a given now. It's possible those years were less competitive then as they are now and in the near future.
If the web zone had its way Kyle would be given a lifetime contract regardless of how his teams perform… works both ways.

Team has gone to nfc championship game in 4 of 5 years and is off to a slow start through 5 games this season.

If you think that staff should be fired, your expectations are absurdly high. If you think it's going to take a miracle for them to keep their job after this season, as a poster said above, you're delusional.

I don' t think their job will ever be on the line. and that's the problem.

If you don't think we're the modern day Vikings and Buffalo Bills you're part of the problem.

He's a loser. You're giving all the credit for those championship runs to shanahan when you should be looking at the most talented roster in the league.

You're already talking about "choking away the season" and its October 6th.

We've choked away the first quarter of the season. I'm not suggesting if we will turn it around or won't. I simply made a statement… if we don't turn it around I'd imagine heads will roll.

you made an assumption and argued with yourself
SHANNY must go..

this is Andy Reid at Philly all over again..

this is Tony Dungy at Tampa Bay all over again... it ain't happening here.. he may end up being a very good HC, but not here..

Maybe he can make Dallas the best team in the NFC East.. nahhhh...

or at Jacksonville !!! maybe he can make them more than a Wild Card team.. or even grow his hair like Trevor.. tha'll be something to watch as HC and QB..
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

If you don't think we're the modern day Vikings and Buffalo Bills you're part of the problem.

He's a loser. You're giving all the credit for those championship runs to shanahan when you should be looking at the most talented roster in the league.

Who built and coached that roster?
Originally posted by 9erson3:
There is truth to that but as absurd as it may sound, our reigning years have been when the West was down as well as the NFC in general. For whatever reasons all the best QBs and the better teams were in the AFC. It does seem a rebalance is taking place as is inevitable. I don't think our trip to the top will be a given now. It's possible those years were less competitive then as they are now and in the near future.

I don't know what you're looking at in terms of surveying the league.

The NFC West is incredibly weak to start this season and so is the NFC overall. Sam Darnold lead Vikings are 5-0 and the current 1 seed. It's early but it looks worse in this context than it has any of the past 4 seasons.

THIS !!

you got a bunch of SHANANIGANS up in here who does not mind becoming the next Vikings and Bills..
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
I don't mind the chuckle. Missing the playoffs with this talent, followed by the QB saga that's to follow, and with a coach that looks like he's losing years off his life.

this staff isn't a lock to come back, whether fired or voluntarily, if we choke the season away as embarrassingly as we have.

Its barely October. Last season they lost three in a row heading into the bye. In 2022 they were 3-4 early in the season. In 2021 they were 3-5 at one point.

And this year they have had quite a few more injury issues early on. Maybe wait a few months before panicking?

This a far less talented team, I don't think they can turn it around this time.

I have no impact on this team one way or the other. Neither do you. Sheesh.

Who built and coached that roster?

adam peters
I don't want to see Kyle fired after one bad season. We made that mistake with Harbaugh. But something isn't right. He's supposed to be this offensive genius, and you've got 3 good WRs, Kittle, a good RB, one of the best OT in NFL history, and you can't score TDs in the redzone?

I remember when Kyle had this offense cooking with no names...

It's like he became obsessed with Christian McCaffrey and now doesn't know what to do without him. But Jesus f**king Christ, you can't have pro bowlers at every god damn position.
Share 49ersWebzone