It was Mike McDaniel in 22, lol.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
adam peters

Nope, no he didn't.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
2-2 against four teams that have a combined two total victories against teams not named the 49ers .

this entire staff is gone after this season without some sort of miracle

If the Webzone had its way, no coach would last more than 5-6 weeks.

How about year 9 if it stays as it is now. Is that long enough or more?

If this year, Year 8, doesn't lead to another strong playoff run (hopefully things turn around and it does -hopefully a SB), questions absolutely should be asked about this coaching staff all the way through considering the talent on this team..

We are the Utah Jazz of the late 90s or the Buffalo Bills under Shannahan and he is Marv Levy. We won't win a SB under Kyle.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
It was Mike McDaniel in 22, lol.

People ranting nonsensically is the only good part of a 49ers loss. I like to see how unhinged they can get.

"JIM TOMSULA WOULDN'T STAND FOR THIS!"
People ranting nonsensically is the only good part of a 49ers loss. I like to see how unhinged they can get.

"JIM TOMSULA WOULDN'T STAND FOR THIS!"

It definitely can be entertaining.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
There is truth to that but as absurd as it may sound, our reigning years have been when the West was down as well as the NFC in general. For whatever reasons all the best QBs and the better teams were in the AFC. It does seem a rebalance is taking place as is inevitable. I don't think our trip to the top will be a given now. It's possible those years were less competitive then as they are now and in the near future.

I don't know what you're looking at in terms of surveying the league.

The NFC West is incredibly weak to start this season and so is the NFC overall. Sam Darnold lead Vikings are 5-0 and the current 1 seed. It's early but it looks worse in this context than it has any of the past 4 seasons.

Greenbay and Detroit could have flipped the cards last year. The Rams have an incredible run on injuries, like us. I think they are better than the record suggests. The Eagles, seem improved now that they have moved to an OC. Tampa isn't horrible. I still feel AZ has improved. They need to figure it out. Kyler, maybe the one to hate most in the league is a real talent when he's clicking.

The Holidays are going to be a lot of fun. The landscape should be clear by then.

And look, I love the team as much as anyone, but not to be a little disappointed even in the great years is not being able to admit there may be a greater issue at stake here. Jed has said take my frigging checkbook. Sign my name. Whatever you want. It's still not enough.
Id also like to ask Kyle what happened to screens. Did they even have one screen pass this game ?
Screens are a staple of most offenses in the league. Deebo screens used to scare the crap out of teams.

Where are the misdirection plays ? Where is PA from under center ? Somehow this offense seems content to drop back from shotgun and pass. They are not such an offense have never been such an offense and will likely never be this offense here.

It's so inane to me. Not the fact that they cant do it, but the fact that after many games and reps they fail to recognize it and are stubborn.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Id also like to ask Kyle what happened to screens. Did they even have one screen pass this game ?
Screens are a staple of most offenses in the league. Deebo screens used to scare the crap out of teams.

Where are the misdirection plays ? Where is PA from under center ? Somehow this offense seems content to drop back from shotgun and pass. They are not such an offense have never been such an offense and will likely never be this offense here.

It's so inane to me. Not the fact that they cant do it, but the fact that after many games and reps they fail to recognize it and are stubborn.

We are very predictable
Originally posted by Koldo:
I don't mind the chuckle. Missing the playoffs with this talent, followed by the QB saga that's to follow, and with a coach that looks like he's losing years off his life.

this staff isn't a lock to come back, whether fired or voluntarily, if we choke the season away as embarrassingly as we have.

Its barely October. Last season they lost three in a row heading into the bye. In 2022 they were 3-4 early in the season. In 2021 they were 3-5 at one point.

And this year they have had quite a few more injury issues early on. Maybe wait a few months before panicking?

This a far less talented team, I don't think they can turn it around this time.

And the schedule is not in our favor. Just look at it.. we are not beating the bills, chiefs, bears, lions, packers. Cowboys will be hard but maybe.. Miami yes. Then the rest is against division. Say we split with rams s**tbirds and cards… do the math.. it ain't happening. We need a miracle.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Oct 6, 2024 at 8:29 PM ]
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Can't believe he told Mason to fumble. Dumb play call Kyle. Next time call for him to not fumble.

You can blame the details on the players if you want. The teams performance, or lack there of, is on the coach.

dont be dense

One fumble... Sure. One mistake when the game is in the line... Yeah. Players making bonehead mistakes constantly in these scenarios is a direct reflection of coaching.

This partially why I'd prefer another OC. In these critical moments, Kyle could be telling Mason before the drive even becomes that the offense will be running through him. Number 1 priority is to protect the ball. I know the players are professional but they still need that in the critical moments- the overall management of the game. "They know better" ain't cutting it.

Greenbay and Detroit could have flipped the cards last year. The Rams have an incredible run on injuries, like us. I think they are better than the record suggests. The Eagles, seem improved now that they have moved to an OC. Tampa isn't horrible. I still feel AZ has improved. They need to figure it out. Kyler, maybe the one to hate most in the league is a real talent when he's clicking.

The Holidays are going to be a lot of fun. The landscape should be clear by then.

And look, I love the team as much as anyone, but not to be a little disappointed even in the great years is not being able to admit there may be a greater issue at stake here. Jed has said take my frigging checkbook. Sign my name. Whatever you want. It's still not enough.

Could have… mainly because we were a super efficient offensive team hiding a mediocre defense. We were still able to get through the playoffs because the other NFC contenders were also flawed teams. Same as this year. There's exactly one team that has looked close to being a complete team and that's the Vikings with Sam Darnold at QB. We're not looking at murderer's row here in terms of competition, and are probably more situated to grow into a balanced team over the course of the season.

Maybe it won't happen. But there's no team out there that makes me think 3 early losses has put us into an unrecoverable spin.
This season feels like a freaking Murphy's law. Everything that can go wrong will, and the only times we win is against teams so bad, that we can make an insane amount of mistakes and still hang on.

We're playing bad football on a weekly basis and it's different individuals every week. Kyle needs a bye asap but we're weeks away. I expect us to suck until then at least.

We might luck into wins against Seattle or Dallas, but KC should destroy us easily. Best case scenario we win 2/3, if we drop all of them though, it's going to be near impossible to get into the playoffs. We won't have the tiebreakers. We'd be 0-5 in the conference and 0-3 in the division.

IMO, Kyle is a good coach, but he's having a terrible year. I don't think he's been at his best calling plays or managing the game.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 6, 2024 at 8:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by Koldo:
I don't mind the chuckle. Missing the playoffs with this talent, followed by the QB saga that's to follow, and with a coach that looks like he's losing years off his life.

this staff isn't a lock to come back, whether fired or voluntarily, if we choke the season away as embarrassingly as we have.

Its barely October. Last season they lost three in a row heading into the bye. In 2022 they were 3-4 early in the season. In 2021 they were 3-5 at one point.

And this year they have had quite a few more injury issues early on. Maybe wait a few months before panicking?

This a far less talented team, I don't think they can turn it around this time.

And the schedule is not in our favor. Just look at it.. we are not beating the bills, chiefs, bears, lions, packers. Cowboys will be hard but maybe.. Miami yes. Then the rest is against division. Say we split with rams s**tbirds and cards… do the math.. it ain't happening. We need a miracle.

A fast track to a fresh start in 2025. Will Campbell in the first step this rate. We'd even be in good striking distance for a small trade up.
Eh. It's far too soon to give up on the season just yet, but losses to the Rams and Cards don't exactly have me feeling overly confident right now.

I don't know what's going on with Kyle and his team right now, but that's two games against divisional rivals that we've basically thrown away.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This season feels like a freaking Murphy's law. Everything that can go wrong will, and the only times we win is against teams so bad, that we can make an insane amount of mistakes and still hang on.

We're playing bad football on a weekly basis and it's different individuals every week. Kyle needs a bye asap but we're weeks away. I expect us to suck until then at least.

We might luck into wins against Seattle or Dallas, but KC should destroy us easily. Best case scenario we win 2/3, if we drop all of them though, it's going to be near impossible to get into the playoffs. We won't have the tiebreakers. We'd be 0-5 in the conference and 0-3 in the division.

IMO, Kyle is a good coach, but he's having a terrible year. I don't think he's been at his best calling plays or managing the game.

Maybe our best path is just to win the division. Hoping SEA and AZ drop more games than us. Not really worried about the rams yet. Although they could go on a roll once Kupp comes back
Share 49ersWebzone