There are 292 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
It was Mike McDaniel in 22, lol.

People ranting nonsensically is the only good part of a 49ers loss. I like to see how unhinged they can get.

"JIM TOMSULA WOULDN'T STAND FOR THIS!"

I'm tough on Shanny but there's definitely no real upgrades out there worth even thinking about. He's a good enough coach with an innovative offensive mind that's shown that he can get us deep into the playoffs. With that said you can't sit here and tell me he doesn't have some substantial weaknesses that have gotten in the way constantly over the years. To me the results, 3 Super Bowl losses when the games were all in his favor until crunch time isn't a coincidence.

I could go on but the details have been discussed ad nauseum during the last off-season. This is just further proof of what some of were pointing out. Now I'm far from panicking, 2-3 isn't the end of the world but this team needs to get it figured out. And soon.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
It was Mike McDaniel in 22, lol.

People ranting nonsensically is the only good part of a 49ers loss. I like to see how unhinged they can get.

"JIM TOMSULA WOULDN'T STAND FOR THIS!"

I'm tough on Shanny but there's definitely no real upgrades out there worth even thinking about. He's a good enough coach with an innovative offensive mind that's shown that he can get us deep into the playoffs. With that said you can't sit here and tell me he doesn't have some substantial weaknesses that have gotten in the way constantly over the years. To me the results, 3 Super Bowl losses when the games were all in his favor until crunch time isn't a coincidence.

I could go on but the details have been discussed ad nauseum during the last off-season. This is just further proof of what some of were pointing out. Now I'm far from panicking, 2-3 isn't the end of the world but this team needs to get it figured out. And soon.

You can't win with him. Never.
This team has no fire. They look like they are going through the motions. Some one needs to step up
and chew someone out like Brady did.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
This team has no fire. They look like they are going through the motions. Some one needs to step up

Don't see Purdy being that guy. Hope he learns to be that vocal.leader
I think losing Armstead has a big affect on this team, not so much his play, but his leadership and preparation.
STOP blaming players.... the problem here is that we are being coached so poorly.. it's no longer an IRONY when I call Shanny ... KS10 !!!
Originally posted by BP13:
I think losing Armstead has a big affect on this team, not so much his play, but his leadership and preparation.
Missing Greenlaw's attitude, passion and sometimes reckless play also hurts.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by BP13:
Missing Greenlaw's attitude, passion and sometimes reckless play also hurts.

All of this. So someone needs to step up. Maybe Purdy needs to take a bigger leadership role if he wants that money.
Mike Tomlin is what Shanahan will never be.

As much as I hate Pete, Tomlin, Carroll, they're coaches who know how to win. No matter what. They over achieve.

Shanahan will routinely underachieve; with the best weapons to boot.

People seem to think that if you get rid of Shanhan, you immediately go back to Tomsula. That's not the case.
Has someone done a welfare check on Sourdough? Lol

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This season feels like a freaking Murphy's law. Everything that can go wrong will, and the only times we win is against teams so bad, that we can make an insane amount of mistakes and still hang on.

We're playing bad football on a weekly basis and it's different individuals every week. Kyle needs a bye asap but we're weeks away. I expect us to suck until then at least.

We might luck into wins against Seattle or Dallas, but KC should destroy us easily. Best case scenario we win 2/3, if we drop all of them though, it's going to be near impossible to get into the playoffs. We won't have the tiebreakers. We'd be 0-5 in the conference and 0-3 in the division.

IMO, Kyle is a good coach, but he's having a terrible year. I don't think he's been at his best calling plays or managing the game.

The way this year's team is playing Seattle is a 50/50 at best. We are not beating KC and DAL playing this way so it's actually more than likely we are 2-6 at the bye. It's possible the team catches fire but I doubt it. The league seems to have figured out what Brock likes to do and has started to stymie the offense. Is it just me or does the offense seem stale and boring this year? I think the leagues' caught up to Kyle.

There year's team has the feel of a tired one unable to win big games and out of ideas. Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for Kyle. Is he losing the locker room?
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Oct 7, 2024 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This season feels like a freaking Murphy's law. Everything that can go wrong will, and the only times we win is against teams so bad, that we can make an insane amount of mistakes and still hang on.

We're playing bad football on a weekly basis and it's different individuals every week. Kyle needs a bye asap but we're weeks away. I expect us to suck until then at least.

We might luck into wins against Seattle or Dallas, but KC should destroy us easily. Best case scenario we win 2/3, if we drop all of them though, it's going to be near impossible to get into the playoffs. We won't have the tiebreakers. We'd be 0-5 in the conference and 0-3 in the division.

IMO, Kyle is a good coach, but he's having a terrible year. I don't think he's been at his best calling plays or managing the game.

The way this year's team is playing Seattle is a 50/50 at best. We are not beating KC and DAL playing this way so it's actually more than likely we are 2-6 at the bye. It's possible the team catches fire but I doubt it. The league seems to have figured out what Brock likes to do and has started to stymie the offense. Is it just me or does the offense seem stale and boring this year? I think the leagues' caught up to Kyle.

There year's team has the league and feel of a tired franchise unable to win big games and out of ideas. Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for Kyle. Is he losing the locker room?

There was NOTHING to catch about Shanny... again, the league for years now realized to allow Kyle to lead big and early because by the end of the 3rd QTR, he wont know what to do w/the lead and will eventually LOSE it..

... Kyle, the BEST YOUNG MIND IN FOOTBALL that he is, countered by hiring Brandon Staley.. the very HC that KNEW how to handle leads and game decision making!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
STOP blaming players.... the problem here is that we are being coached so poorly.. it's no longer an IRONY when I call Shanny ... KS10 !!!

This is true. It's not like I'm jumping on some bandwagon or anything. I've never liked him as head coach. His vibe and demeanor.
I've been consistent on that from the time he was hired. Sure, he can design plays. But he does not have a feel for the game. Particularly when its crunch time. he loses it. This year's SB was the latest debacle.

I really believe that it's time for the Niners to make a change. Shanahan has become stale. I don't believe that York has the insight or guts to do it though, unfortunately. Walsh claimed that you make the change before you HAVE to. I know that many will disagree, but hearing what Brady has to say about him, I believe that the Niners should hand over the keys of the franchise to Belichick. It's a rare opportunity. He can achieve multiple rings with this roster.
Madness.
Not a way to stop the bleeding, just too many things going wrong. Lose against mid teams after having a lead. KC likely will embarrass us lol.
Seattle, not much of a chance at this point. We have to
really change course but it doesn't seem like our year.
Belichick can KMA though lol.
Share 49ersWebzone