There are 314 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• bud49
  • Veteran
Kyle may be considered an offensive genius around the league but his personnel decisions are terrible. When a player like Brady wants to play for you, you let him. That was a Syperbowl and maybe two pissed away by Kyle.

Then later he knew he had made a mistake when he told Brock that if Tom wanted to comeback Brock would be second QB.
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 7, 2024 at 3:20 AM ]
Jennings with 4 targets and 1 catch. THATS A FRIGGIN CRIME!

Yet you have juice out there, AGAIN, contributing absolutely nothing. What the hell is wrong with you Kyle?!?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
As much as people want a regime change, I think shanny/Lynch stick around as long as BB stuck around in NE. York is fine with a Shannahan running the team. I mean how many losing seasons have we had compared to competitive seasons? Not many and as long as we make the playoffs, that's good enough for York. Getting to the SB is just a bonus.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 7, 2024 at 4:15 AM ]
So Bosa talks about how they made adjustments second half and they were getting different looks…so that's concerning that SF isn't adjusting to that (on both sides).
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So Bosa talks about how they made adjustments second half and they were getting different looks…so that's concerning that SF isn't adjusting to that (on both sides).

It is concerning. It does seem this team has it in them to get back on track. But that window is almost shut. Defense must adjust better and the really bad red zone offense most get better. If that happens we're golden. If not, the season is dead.
  • bud49
  • Veteran

That's sorry execution and sorry play calling.
I knew it was bad didn't realize it's bottom of the league bad. Our coach and qb have to be better plain and simple
The defense is done being a dominant unit. Totally patchwork front 7 isn't cutting it. Need to invest some early round draft capital in the front 7 instead of hoping late rounders hit. And the offense that should be picking up that slack can't score tds. Not hard to see why we are losing games.
Originally posted by bud49:

A little bit of everything

Originally posted by lamontb:
The defense is done being a dominant unit. Totally patchwork front 7 isn't cutting it. Need to invest some early round draft capital in the front 7 instead of hoping late rounders hit. And the offense that should be picking up that slack can't score tds. Not hard to see why we are losing games.

Toss in a bunch of stupid TOs and piss poor STs for the most part this yr. It's actually kinda crazy they've been in every game and mostly up for the majority of time.

still early in the season. My issue is these cupcake games (LA/AZ) needed to be Ws while they figure out s**t and get in a grove. Less room for error going forward.
Originally posted by bud49:

A little bit of everything

Wow....6 of 12 goal to go.

Feels like this is where we miss CMC the most
[ Edited by TD49ers on Oct 7, 2024 at 5:57 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:

The issues are primarily in the middle on both sides of the ball. They never adequately replaced Buckner on the DL and blockers are getting to the LBs too often. On the other side, Brendel is a disaster. He can't hold up physically and he's missing calls too often which results in him or another OL blocking against thin air way too frequently.

That and they have like four strong safeties and not one centerfielder type.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This partially why I'd prefer another OC. In these critical moments, Kyle could be telling Mason before the drive even becomes that the offense will be running through him. Number 1 priority is to protect the ball. I know the players are professional but they still need that in the critical moments- the overall management of the game. "They know better" ain't cutting it.

Agreed. Details like that could be the difference between winning and losing. Finding ways to motivate/refocus his players to perform their best in the most crucial moments during the course of a game seems to be an area that Shanahan struggles with. The great leaders know how to do this.
Originally posted by Baldie:
As much as people want a regime change, I think shanny/Lynch stick around as long as BB stuck around in NE. York is fine with a Shannahan running the team. I mean how many losing seasons have we had compared to competitive seasons? Not many and as long as we make the playoffs, that's good enough for York. Getting to the SB is just a bonus.

Sorry, I disagree. Jed has turned out to be a pretty cool owner. You don't think he wakes up at night with losses like this. He wants a SB win not just a cancelation prize.

I'm not sure where all this playoffs good enough started. They just want to make money but perhaps folks should reconsider the goals most owners have. SB win.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 7, 2024 at 6:52 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone