There are 277 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by redrathman:
The play calling and route running have become too predictable. Teams have a blueprint on how to stop a Shanahan offense from the Super Bowl loss. Shanahan hasn't made any adjustments to the offense and these are the results. If you need five Pro Bowl caliber player makers on offense to score 21 points it might be time to rethink the plan.

THIS, but he's not doing that. It seems like he's making the same mistakes over and over again. Dude doesn't learn, or he doesn't like to admit he's made a mistake. Time for the guy to go.

who are the five PB guys?
Please stop with the fire Kyle nonsense. Name one guy that's available that would be better. People forget that it was only 7 years ago that Kyle and John took over a decimated team that needed a major overhaul. They immediately went to work addressing the D line. They drafted Bosa. Then they addressed the Olline and took McGlinchey. He turned out to be a good run blocker but not a great pass blocker. When they needed a left tackle they got Williams for a 2nd round pick. The got JG from NE for a 2nd rounder. In 2 years they went from bottom to the SB. In 2022 the got CMC and the team was an offensive juggernaut. Last year they went to another SB. I know they lost both times but it was mostly because of a late defensive collapse. Not to mention that they were facing the best coach and best QB of this era.

Don't make the mistake that Philly did. They ran Reid out of ton because they said he couldn't win the big one. Look what happened. KC knew he was a good coach and snapped him up. The same could happen with Kyle. He wouldn't be unemployed for long and the 49ers would be trying to find another coach. It's not easy. It took a long tome after Seifert left. Then it was a bad stretch after Harbaugh left. Really good coaches are hard to find. It's no surprise that so many teams copied Kyle's style of offense when it was successful. He's highly thought of around the league.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Please stop with the fire Kyle nonsense. Name one guy that's available that would be better. People forget that it was only 7 years ago that Kyle and John took over a decimated team that needed a major overhaul. They immediately went to work addressing the D line. They drafted Bosa. Then they addressed the Olline and took McGlinchey. He turned out to be a good run blocker but not a great pass blocker. When they needed a left tackle they got Williams for a 2nd round pick. The got JG from NE for a 2nd rounder. In 2 years they went from bottom to the SB. In 2022 the got CMC and the team was an offensive juggernaut. Last year they went to another SB. I know they lost both times but it was mostly because of a late defensive collapse. Not to mention that they were facing the best coach and best QB of this era.

Don't make the mistake that Philly did. They ran Reid out of ton because they said he couldn't win the big one. Look what happened. KC knew he was a good coach and snapped him up. The same could happen with Kyle. He wouldn't be unemployed for long and the 49ers would be trying to find another coach. It's not easy. It took a long tome after Seifert left. Then it was a bad stretch after Harbaugh left. Really good coaches are hard to find. It's no surprise that so many teams copied Kyle's style of offense when it was successful. He's highly thought of around the league.

Kyle i think is doing pretty good this year. you gotta focus on what he is doing, not just the outcomes. we are probably a Mason fumble and Bell drop from 4-1. that said, this comp is not a comp you want to use for your argument. PHI dropped Reid, and promptly won a SB. they would drop Reid all over again today.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
There's no question that not having CMC has thrown this offense out of balance. Kyle didn't plan on not having him. He was their prime red zone threat and a major safety valve for Purdy. Now he's not there and they're terrible in the red zone. We also see Purdy scrambling more because he doesn't have CMC to throw to. We can't forget how much better this offense looked last year and the last few games of 2022 when CMC was added. Then we had Aiyuk holding out and being a non factor for the first 4 games.

This is a really challenging year for Kyle. He's having to rethink this offense and right now it's not clicking. Some fans have mentioned how defenses have figured out how to take away those short passes that turn into big gains. That may be true since so many teams started copying that style of offense. Now it's time for the offenses to change again.

The last big issue is the defense. They just aren't getting those 3 and outs like we are used to seeing. No consistent pressure on the QB. Not tackling well. Maybe it's just an adjustment to a new DC. Not having Greenlaw certainly hurts. Huff can't seem to stay on the field. It's just been a bad year all around so far.

Biggest red flag asides Purdy's development is the players themselves. Once the players aren't bought in.....

Hopefully they can turn this around, but I cant see much improvement, or certainly no better a result as previous seasons when both lines have glaring talent weaknesses on top of bad coaching, execution, and mistakes compared to past rosters.

The O line is about the same as it's been the last few years. Purdy isn't able to find the open receivers like he did last year so he's forced to run around. The short passes aren't there. The D line is probably as good or better than last year but other than Warner the LBs aren't getting the tackles. Greenlaw is a big missing piece. Not having Hufanga isn't helping either. He's hurt again. There are just a lot of areas that are a little off and when you add them all together it's a big problem.

I disagree on the lines. I think Brendal and McK have been worse. Our d line is getting run on at will and we often generate little pressure when it matters.

I agree Greenlaw is the key. I said that in another thread earlier. Holding out hope he can come back the same. He would instantly boost the entire defense for sure.

I have no faith in Hufanga. He makes just as many bad plays as good ones, but he's still better than whos currently out there so.....lol

As you said, a lot of things adding up to losses at the moment. But what has my cynical is the line play. The o line did better yesterday, but Purdy often could not find anyone. We need to see the tape review on what's what, but just pooping the bed right now.

When I sad the O line was about the same I meant the personal. They didn't lose any key players. They just aren't playing well and I think part of that is Williams being older and a little out of shape.

Ah got it, well i agree, but Brendal and McK suck. Rolling this same line out there after last year was nuts to begin with
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

That's sorry execution and sorry play calling.

DOES this mean, Staley will be the person KS10 blames ??
I'm feeling better today. He can stay another ten years.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I'm feeling better today. He can stay another ten years.

LOL... and you'll have the same post every Monday after having a game like yesterday..

u sure u got the patience ??

Originally posted by miked1978:
The play calling and route running have become too predictable. Teams have a blueprint on how to stop a Shanahan offense from the Super Bowl loss. Shanahan hasn't made any adjustments to the offense and these are the results. If you need five Pro Bowl caliber player makers on offense to score 21 points it might be time to rethink the plan.

Being #2 in offensive yards and #10 in point per game contradicts your blue print claim. If the redzone offense wasn't so bad we'd be top 3 in pts per game as well.

Turnovers was the difference in this game.

Red zone offense is now 30th in the league after being #1 last year. What's changed? No CMC. Yes we can blame Kyle as well because he hasn't come up with a suitable alternative. We can also blame Brock for not finding those open receivers in the end zone. We can blame the O line for not blocking better. We can blame a lot of people but blaming doesn't fix the problem.

Mason has been great.

The issue is trotting out the same offense year after year and expecting it to work when the league has years of tape on this offense.

Steve Spagnolio gave the blueprint to the entire league and Shanahan wants to forget the losses and "move on". His ego can't comprehend that the offense isn't working.
[ Edited by redrathman on Oct 7, 2024 at 10:32 AM ]
He will fool you with fancy shifts and motions. You will think you have something there.

But he's the worst at every category that really counts. Blowing leads time after time after time. Game management, clock management, situation management, closing out games he is just clueless there. Always the most injured team in the league. It's like they don't have a training program. His collapses keep getting worse and more epic. To actually think you can ever win with this. You are kidding yourself.

Being #2 in offensive yards and #10 in point per game contradicts your blue print claim. If the redzone offense wasn't so bad we'd be top 3 in pts per game as well.

All of those yards came in garbage time and a ton of those points have come on field goals because the team has stalled out in the red zone.

2-4 is a s**t record at this point in the season. Losing to Arizona at home is inexcusable. I can't see this team making the playoffs.
[ Edited by redrathman on Oct 7, 2024 at 10:37 AM ]

All of those yards came in garbage time and a ton of those points have come on field goals because the team has stalled out in the red zone.

2-4 is a s**t record at this point in the season. Losing to Arizona at home is inexcusable. I can't see this team making the playoffs.

2 - 3 so far.
  • bud49
  • Veteran

They are 2-3 but hey I can see them being 2-4 after Thursday.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

McCaffrey
Samuel
Aiyuk
Kittle
Juszczyk
[ Edited by redrathman on Oct 7, 2024 at 10:41 AM ]
Originally posted by bud49:
They are 2-3 but hey I can see them being 2-4 after Thursday.

Going into Seattle on a short week after a demoralizing loss to Arizona at home?

Kyle is going to run the same offense out again.

2-4 after Thursday night.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

McCaffrey
Samuel
Aiyuk
Kittle
Juszczyk

CMC ain't playing. as i look at this season i don't see Deebo in the PB. BA neither. BA it took him a while to have a good game. so you are talking about 2 possible PB, and 1 is a FB.
Share 49ersWebzone