There are 304 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
You are what your record says you are.
So you think Mike McCarthy and McDermott are better coaches?

kyle and McVay have damn near the same record and folks in here think McVay is a golden god. Do you believe Tomlin is better? Since he lost Big Ben he's right around .500 and hasn't won a SB since 2008 (with someone else's team).

Bill's got a losing record without Tommy.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Garbage time against the Rams and Patriots. The offense isn't top ten in points per game, the TEAM is ranked at 10 because of defense and special teams touchdowns.

How was the Ram game "garbage time" lol? It was 23-24. Oh so they're not suppose to score pts against the Pats? Guess we should take away points for every team that's played a bad team. Da f**k you talking about.

Their D and ST have one TD each lol.

quit trying so hard, you just look silly.

he reveals he doesn't understand basic concepts. the whole idea of garbage time is teams can stat pad when they are getting the doors blown off and down a bunch and the opposing D goes into a prevent and lets them dink and dunk their way up and down, cuz the game is in hand. we have literally had zero minutes of garbage time on O all season.

The Rams allowed yards but prevented touchdowns and points. They scored 20 points in the second half while the offense continued to gain yards but fall short. The end of the game had a garbage 34 yard lateral.

Do you seriously watch these games or just look at the stat lines?
[ Edited by redrathman on Oct 7, 2024 at 12:06 PM ]
he reveals he doesn't understand basic concepts. the whole idea of garbage time is teams can stat pad when they are getting the doors blown off and down a bunch and the opposing D goes into a prevent and lets them dink and dunk their way up and down, cuz the game is in hand. we have literally had zero minutes of garbage time on O all season.

Stupidity
Two lost Super Bowls and two lost Conference Championships in seven years. I'm so tired of the same scheme, terrible game management, and ego trip postgame interviews.

This dude isn't a genius like Belichick or Walsh but gets treated like one because of his dad.

Who the f**k is putting Kyle in the same class as Belichick and Walsh. What a straw man take 🤣

Also Bill was a genius for getting Brady in the 6th rd. He's a sub .500 coach without him and currently unemployed.

TBH that's a weak argument. Belicheck will be in the all of fame and is regarded by many players as an amazing coach who went to like 10 super bowls? Brady said it's fine to say Belicheck wouldn't have won without me, but I would not have won without him either etc. Tons of respect there.

Kyle is certainly not in the class of Walsh or Belicheck, but that doesn't equate to firing him and hiring Bill either lol. But I don't get knocking Bill, dude is a goat. I'm about figuring out what is lacking from Kyle.
The Rams allowed yards but prevented touchdowns and points. They scored 20 points in the second half while the offense continued to gain yards but fall short. The end of the game had a garbage 34 yard lateral.

Pretending a one point game was "garbage time" is about as dumb as it gets.

Plenty to complain about. No need to make s**t up, just makes the rest of your argument meaningless.

kyle and McVay have damn near the same record and folks in here think McVay is a golden god. Do you believe Tomlin is better? Since he lost Big Ben he's right around .500 and hasn't won a SB since 2008 (with someone else's team).

No I am just adding fuel to the fire to piss you off
TBH that's a weak argument. Belicheck will be in the all of fame and is regarded by many players as an amazing coach who went to like 10 super bowls? Brady said it's fine to say Belicheck wouldn't have won without me, but I would not have won without him either etc. Tons of respect there.

Kyle is certainly not in the class of Walsh or Belicheck, but that doesn't equate to firing him and hiring Bill either lol. But I don't get knocking Bill, dude is a goat. I'm about figuring out what is lacking from Kyle.

Kyle's off to a good start imo this year. i have no complaints. you don't have much recipe for losing your pk mid game. and Wish did hit that kick. that shows me some quality. that's the operation with a FB holding and a punter kicking and we nailed it. none of that was routine. bell catches an easy pass and Mason doesn't put it on the ground we are 4-1. it's just players making routine plays.

the margins are tight in pro football. you are down your best player and all the sudden you are a lil more vulnerable.

Pretending a one point game was "garbage time" is about as dumb as it gets.

Plenty to complain about. No need to make s**t up, just makes the rest of your argument meaningless.

They were up three scores with one minute to play in the second quarter. Keep saying things that tell me you're blacked out drunk during these games.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
1. Tired of people labeling Shanahan an offensive "genius".

2. Kyle Shanahan emphasizes that the 49ers need to find ways to finish games: https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/184816-kyle-shanahan-49ers-finish-games/. Excuse me, we have seen this in two Superbowls and the many other games he's coached.

3. How is Nick Sorensen any better than Wilks? He has no experience...in fact he is worse and over his head in DC play calling.

4. Week after week, the team does not look prepared mentally.

5. What are you paying Brandon Staley for? What has he accomplished since he got here?

6. I don't remember seeing a redzone offense as bad as this team has.

7. The coaching staff is abysmal in making adjustments during games.

I'm bored so I'll tackle these.

1. best offense we have had since Steve young. That is a pretty high bar… or low bar considering the dark ages of crappy offense we have watched.

2. when you have a 28-3 lead that falls on the head coach and defensive coordinator. Why does that fall on shanahan so much? Maybe he could've done better but 28-3 is a huge lead shanahan got them. Our other 2 super bowls we probably win if we are the national darlings. Can't overcome refs and the league wanting Reid to get his first Super Bowl and league wanting Taylor swift to show up on stage.

3. No one ever said he is or would be. 49ers said they were taking a chance to go back to how they like calling plays. Scheme is most likely crap now but no sign wilks would be better.

4. agreed. Have they had a consistent practice schedule without someone injured. My guess is fear of more injuries has weakened our preparation. Pretty sure ward has to be injured even to play this bad.

5. insurance plan. Seems to be as unprepared as Sorensen so both gambles failed.

6. how many dropped touchdowns do we have that hit both hands so far? Aiyuk, kittle and Jennings? That hurts

7. Defense yes but think players are playing like crap so hard to adjust. Always seems like our players aren't watching the ball ever. Such a weird way to play defense. Offensively shanahan has changed but seems to make the wrong choice… if we had the lead before he would try to run out the clock and critics would say he is too conservative. Now he is trying to outscore the other teams and something keeps happening… tipped passes, missed blitzes, dropped passes, fumbles or special teams messing up.

Kyle's off to a good start imo this year. i have no complaints. you don't have much recipe for losing your pk mid game. and Wish did hit that kick. that shows me some quality. that's the operation with a FB holding and a punter kicking and we nailed it. none of that was routine. bell catches an easy pass and Mason doesn't put it on the ground we are 4-1. it's just players making routine plays.

the margins are tight in pro football. you are down your best player and all the sudden you are a lil more vulnerable.

He's obviously not a bad coach. His offensive mind is incredible. His game management and play calling needs improvement and his involvement in the roster is probably what is the worst part of his skillset, but I am not sure exactly how that works with this regime.

Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
1. Tired of people labeling Shanahan an offensive "genius".

2. Kyle Shanahan emphasizes that the 49ers need to find ways to finish games: https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/184816-kyle-shanahan-49ers-finish-games/. Excuse me, we have seen this in two Superbowls and the many other games he's coached.

3. How is Nick Sorensen any better than Wilks? He has no experience...in fact he is worse and over his head in DC play calling.

4. Week after week, the team does not look prepared mentally.

5. What are you paying Brandon Staley for? What has he accomplished since he got here?

6. I don't remember seeing a redzone offense as bad as this team has.

7. The coaching staff is abysmal in making adjustments during games.

These are all facts, and many of them have been facts for seven years.

Here is a great take. A 49ers fan who knows something.
He's obviously not a bad coach. His offensive mind is incredible. His game management and play calling needs improvement and his involvement in the roster is probably what is the worst part of his skillset, but I am not sure exactly how that works with this regime.

tell me what he managed bad yesterday? BP took a silly sack. we lose point cuz of a bizarre kicker injury. Mason put it on the ground. so i have player complaints. let's hear your Kyle complaints. i am curious. not blanket statements, but give me some specific in game moments.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
All of these guys made the Pro Bowl in the past. Are you thick headed?

But they aren't playing at that level right now. Trent Williams has been anything but elite as well. Sometimes guys have down seasons or it takes them a long time to get going.

We aren't asking for a year 2 coach to go bye bye. He's going on 9 years! Id say he has run his course.

McVay has won a Super Bowl.

Shanahan has lost three, and they have all been leads lost in the second half.
Share 49ersWebzone