There are 295 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Assess what? That Kyle has learned exactly 0 from his mistakes? The trends of how he loses games is a giant cause for concern. The insane level of drafting neglect is not getting better. Waiting for CMC to maybe come back is not a plan.

What exactly did he f**k up yesterday? They ran the ball just like everyone was screaming for and guess what…Mason fumbled the damn ball in the RZ.

It's like no one is allowed to hold any player accountable? Nah it's gotta be Kyle because he tells Brock to throw INTs, tell his kicker to get hurt or force Mason to fumble.

It's not a hey fire the coach and they're gonna be good thing….thats a simplistic narrative.

again no one can even come up with a logic replacement

Mason ran 14 times. Purdy had 40 called passes. We had twice as many interceptions as fumbles.

Not sure NY wants to hear that. BA is a top the receiver, and Kyle is an unblemished coach. Anything short of that is nonsense

And you realize that not every single one of those plays was an actual run or pass call from Kyle? You understand that Brock has the ability to change the play at the LOS which he most certainly does. Like hysterical said whenever Brock says "can can" that's what he's doing.

Context and being objective is fun…takes out all the b******t. That's why I enjoy Jonny's weekly thread. The film doesn't lie and that's not saying Kyle isn't at fault.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 7, 2024 at 2:12 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/184822-beat-writer-rants-49ers-shanahan/

"Stop me if you've heard this one before," Grant Cohn of Sports Illustrated stated on Sunday. "This is how Kyle Shanahan always blows 10-point fourth-quarter leads. He stops running the ball."

"That's why he's (Shanahan) a fraud," Cohn continued. "He has been blowing fourth-quarter leads since 2017, when he was the offensive coordinator for the Falcons. Blowing fourth-quarter leads is his specialty, his destiny. It's time to trade this choke artist before he coughs away another win to an inferior team. No coach does less with more than Shanahan. That's his legacy. Get him out of here."

You're quoting the meat gazer Grant Cohn lol.

I give Grant more credit than most of the Shanafans here. Dude chokes, and you guys fawn over him like he's the messiah…
Not sure NY wants to hear that. BA is a top the receiver, and Kyle is an unblemished coach. Anything short of that is nonsense

BA looked pretty good yesterday. Kyle isn't perfect. He's not some trash HC like some think. There's a gray area full of context and conversation to be had there….ya'll live in black and white. Either great or blows. No in between apparently.
Originally posted by DrEll:
I give Grant more credit than most of the Shanafans here. Dude chokes, and you guys fawn over him like he's the messiah…

Haha oh so you're a fan of the meat gazer too…shocker. Makes his money based off engagements and clicks. Not an objective bone in his body and he tells everyone that.

oh and it's not about him being the "messiah" no one that's being objective about it has said that. There's good and bad there, you refuse to be objective and why should anyone take what you say seriously?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 7, 2024 at 2:27 PM ]

"Stop me if you've heard this one before," Grant Cohn of Sports Illustrated stated on Sunday. "This is how Kyle Shanahan always blows 10-point fourth-quarter leads. He stops running the ball."

"That's why he's (Shanahan) a fraud," Cohn continued. "He has been blowing fourth-quarter leads since 2017, when he was the offensive coordinator for the Falcons. Blowing fourth-quarter leads is his specialty, his destiny. It's time to trade this choke artist before he coughs away another win to an inferior team. No coach does less with more than Shanahan. That's his legacy. Get him out of here."

Shana_FANS are obsessed with this loser choker. You can never win with him. Never!

BA looked pretty good yesterday. Kyle isn't perfect. He's not some trash HC like some think. There's a gray area full of context and conversation to be had there….ya'll live in black and white. Either great or blows. No in between apparently.

I agree. Shanahan is a great coach with imperfections. He's not gonna have a great game every time just like not all players will.

Anyone who can't accept that will never be able to judge him objectively.
Assess what? That Kyle has learned exactly 0 from his mistakes? The trends of how he loses games is a giant cause for concern. The insane level of drafting neglect is not getting better. Waiting for CMC to maybe come back is not a plan.

What exactly did he f**k up yesterday? They ran the ball just like everyone was screaming for and guess what…Mason fumbled the damn ball in the RZ.

It's like no one is allowed to hold any player accountable? Nah it's gotta be Kyle because he tells Brock to throw INTs, tell his kicker to get hurt or force Mason to fumble.

It's not a hey fire the coach and they're gonna be good thing….thats a simplistic narrative.

Another 10 point lead that ends with a L, that's a reoccurring f**kup.

By all means hold the players accountable. Brock is forcing s**t, Deebo looks slow, the entire D minus 3 guys is complete trash. Bell is still on the f**king team, etc. You know why we keep trotting out the same trash…because our roster is loaded with it right now. Why are we stuck with the worst C and RT in the whole league, BECAUSE KYLE WONT DRAFT A f**kING REPLACEMENT.

Mason ran 14 times. Purdy had 40 called passes. We had twice as many interceptions as fumbles.

And you realize that not every single one of those plays was an actual run or pass call from Kyle? You understand that Brock has the ability to change the play at the LOS which he most certainly does. Like hysterical said whenever Brock says "can can" that's what he's doing.

Context and being objective is fun…takes out all the b******t. That's why I enjoy Jonny's weekly thread. The film doesn't lie and that's not saying Kyle isn't at fault.

I'm all about player accountability, and up until now I've been totally pro-Kyle. My issue is that while the players may be responsible for some of the individual mistakes, at the clip we're piling the mistakes on, the responsibility has to be laid at the feet of the coach.

and he isn't adjusting. The defense and special teams… he's responsible for both as the head coach. And for whatever reason, he brought in an assistant d coordinator while leaving himself solely responsible for some f**king terrible playcalling in the red "areas" (they're red "zones" Brady)

and the game flow is becoming insanely predictable. My friends and I predicted the rams comeback halfway through the third and the cardinals comeback at halftime. Also predicted the losing interception. He's built a "play with the lead" offense and is unable (thus far) to find success in keeping the leads.

im pro Kyle. But if his ego won't allow someone to come in and help him instill some common sense in the mid-late game strategy, I'm ok with him moving on. If he was going to win a Super Bowl, we'd be trending in that direction.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 7, 2024 at 2:30 PM ]

The fact that I find myself agreeing with Cohn and these dummies has encouraged me to change my mind…. I'm back on the Kyle train.

Talk about warning signs lol.

let's go Kyle, get your s**t together
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 7, 2024 at 2:34 PM ]
I'm all about player accountability, and up until now I've been totally pro-Kyle. My issue is that while the players may be responsible for some of the individual mistakes, at the clip we're piling the mistakes on, the responsibility has to be laid at the feet of the coach.

and he isn't adjusting. The defense and special teams… he's responsible for both as the head coach. And for whatever reason, he brought in an assistant d coordinator while leaving himself solely responsible for some f**king terrible playcalling in the red "areas" (they're red "zones" Brady)

and the game flow is becoming insanely predictable. My friends and I predicted the rams comeback halfway through the third and the cardinals comeback at halftime. Also predicted the losing interception. He's built a "play with the lead" offense and is unable (thus far) to find success in keeping the leads.

im pro Kyle. But if his ego won't allow someone to come in and help him instill some common sense in the mid-late game strategy, I'm ok with him moving on. If he was going to win a Super Bowl, we'd be trending in that direction.

in nfl circles they use red zone and red area interchangeably. this is a quote from Belichick: "Yeah, look, the game changes on every play, so field position, down and distance – those all change. Once you get into the red area it's a different game," Belichick said. so he does it and it probably rubbed off on Brady. he spent 20 years listening to this guy talk.

Shana_FANS are obsessed with this loser choker. You can never win with him. Never!

This is dumb. By your own logic (winning a Super Bowl) there are only 7 coaches in the entire nfl that are better coaches than shanahan. Of those 7, 3 of them are on the hot seat to get fired: McCarthy, Peterson and maybe Payton.

losing sucks. We all get it. Nobody is happy after losing. You trolls just infect the fan base and think meat watchers somehow know more about football than coaches who have been in football their whole life and surrounded by winning football.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

in nfl circles they use red zone and red area interchangeably. this is a quote from Belichick: "Yeah, look, the game changes on every play, so field position, down and distance – those all change. Once you get into the red area it's a different game," Belichick said. so he does it and it probably rubbed off on Brady. he spent 20 years listening to this guy talk.

Yeah I was kidding lol. Don't think I'll ever dare to question Brady's football knowledge
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Yeah I was kidding lol. Don't think I'll ever dare to question Brady's football knowledge

Originally posted by gored49:

This is dumb. By your own logic (winning a Super Bowl) there are only 7 coaches in the entire nfl that are better coaches than shanahan. Of those 7, 3 of them are on the hot seat to get fired: McCarthy, Peterson and maybe Payton.

losing sucks. We all get it. Nobody is happy after losing. You trolls just infect the fan base and think meat watchers somehow know more about football than coaches who have been in football their whole life and surrounded by winning football.

Just laugh at them and move on, no reason debating with stupid, especially those that listen Cohn

No s**t he can change plays at the line. And if it was one game, or two games then you have a point. But this has been a consistent feature of Kyle's tenure over multiple QBs.
Share 49ersWebzone