Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by mcwoot:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Assess what? That Kyle has learned exactly 0 from his mistakes? The trends of how he loses games is a giant cause for concern. The insane level of drafting neglect is not getting better. Waiting for CMC to maybe come back is not a plan.

What exactly did he f**k up yesterday? They ran the ball just like everyone was screaming for and guess what…Mason fumbled the damn ball in the RZ.

It's like no one is allowed to hold any player accountable? Nah it's gotta be Kyle because he tells Brock to throw INTs, tell his kicker to get hurt or force Mason to fumble.

It's not a hey fire the coach and they're gonna be good thing….thats a simplistic narrative.

again no one can even come up with a logic replacement

Mason ran 14 times. Purdy had 40 called passes. We had twice as many interceptions as fumbles.

Not sure NY wants to hear that. BA is a top the receiver, and Kyle is an unblemished coach. Anything short of that is nonsense

And you realize that not every single one of those plays was an actual run or pass call from Kyle? You understand that Brock has the ability to change the play at the LOS which he most certainly does. Like hysterical said whenever Brock says "can can" that's what he's doing.

Context and being objective is fun…takes out all the b******t. That's why I enjoy Jonny's weekly thread. The film doesn't lie and that's not saying Kyle isn't at fault.

No s**t he can change plays at the line. And if it was one game, or two games then you have a point. But this has been a consistent feature of Kyle's tenure over multiple QBs.

Yes Kyle has always had a powerful run game that teams lineup to stop and give good looks for passes. Glad we can agree that it's been a thing for a while.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Assess what? That Kyle has learned exactly 0 from his mistakes? The trends of how he loses games is a giant cause for concern. The insane level of drafting neglect is not getting better. Waiting for CMC to maybe come back is not a plan.

What exactly did he f**k up yesterday? They ran the ball just like everyone was screaming for and guess what…Mason fumbled the damn ball in the RZ.

It's like no one is allowed to hold any player accountable? Nah it's gotta be Kyle because he tells Brock to throw INTs, tell his kicker to get hurt or force Mason to fumble.

It's not a hey fire the coach and they're gonna be good thing….thats a simplistic narrative.

Mason ran 14 times. Purdy had 40 called passes. We had twice as many interceptions as fumbles.

Not sure NY wants to hear that. BA is a top the receiver, and Kyle is an unblemished coach. Anything short of that is nonsense

And you realize that not every single one of those plays was an actual run or pass call from Kyle? You understand that Brock has the ability to change the play at the LOS which he most certainly does. Like hysterical said whenever Brock says "can can" that's what he's doing.

Context and being objective is fun…takes out all the b******t. That's why I enjoy Jonny's weekly thread. The film doesn't lie and that's not saying Kyle isn't at fault.

No s**t he can change plays at the line. And if it was one game, or two games then you have a point. But this has been a consistent feature of Kyle's tenure over multiple QBs.

Yes Kyle has always had a powerful run game that teams lineup to stop and give good looks for passes. Glad we can agree that it's been a thing for a while.

Oh s**t no wonder we've been so successful passing touchdowns in the red zone.

Good point

And he used to use play action to take advantage of that.

And he used to use play action to take advantage of that.

I don't know why the PA and motions have disappeared from the offense that's a valid criticism.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I agree. Shanahan is a great coach with imperfections. He's not gonna have a great game every time just like not all players will.

Anyone who can't accept that will never be able to judge him objectively.

And they will be a miserable fan because every coach has imperfections and loses games. Most don't do half of what Kyle has done here.
And they will be a miserable fan because every coach has imperfections and loses games. Most don't do half of what Kyle has done here.

At some point, you just have to walk away from arguing with these guys. They don't even make specific arguments the majority of the time.
Cup cake Kyle. Choker and game mis-manager. It's not just Grant. Is he the worst hc. No. Is he the best no. He is mediocre. His mediocrity is preventing us from winning games against teams we should beat. The superbowl is not the immediate concern. We are now wondering if we can finish with a winning regular season record. It's that bad. He is not producing. His offense is stale. His defense is horrendous. His special teams is well… special. What is he doing right? Let's focus on that. What adjustments has he made to overcome the challenges? How is he applying his genius? I really wanted to believe he is all that his fans say he is but , I just don't see it. Even with injuries, his roster is supposed to be dominant. It's anything but. I guess I am more interested in what he is doing now, this season. I will not bring up his past. That ship sailed. Is this just going to be an off year where we don't recover? That will at least save us his usual post season heartbreak.
I agree. Shanahan is a great coach with imperfections. He's not gonna have a great game every time just like not all players will.

Just remember "65% of Americans believe they are above average in intelligence" yet testing shows Americans on average are below the average intelligence level and 21% read below a 5th grade level. So odds are you may be arguing with a stump online.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
This is one of the other things I don't like about this smug HC. Always somebody else. He shares what Brock did wrong not taking up for Brock just find that this is a kick in the sack.
https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/brock-purdy-kyle-shanahan-cardinals-blitz/1790554/
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 7, 2024 at 3:24 PM ]
"When you have a lead on people you need to finish them. The way you finish people is you continue to score. And if you aren't doing that, you can't turn it over and you've got to stop people at the end."

What a milquetoast, low energy response to always losing games late. He doesn't realize the other team is adjusting to his offense while he continues to do the same thing over and over. Reminds me of Jimmy Raye running the ball up the middle thirty times a game.

Originally posted by redrathman:
"When you have a lead on people you need to finish them. The way you finish people is you continue to score. And if you aren't doing that, you can't turn it over and you've got to stop people at the end."

What a milquetoast, low energy response to always losing games late. He doesn't realize the other team is adjusting to his offense while he continues to do the same thing over and over. Reminds me of Jimmy Raye running the ball up the middle thirty times a game.

points for milquetoast
Originally posted by redrathman:

you mean low percentage fade routes in the red zone or Deebo running to gain enough yards to get back to the line of scrimmage? Or putting in receivers that drop passes? Wait, let's stick with 44 and keep JJ on the bench because that has worked well for us. Ahh my favorite, let's count on much smaller players picking up the blitz on critical 3rd down plays. Stale as f**k. Everyone knows what is coming.. play calling is as predictable as his superbowl chokes.
Originally posted by gored49:

Just remember "65% of Americans believe they are above average in intelligence" yet testing shows Americans on average are below the average intelligence level and 21% read below a 5th grade level. So odds are you may be arguing with a stump online.
Or you may be one yourself.
The whole league is using Kyles scheme. And they are using it to pass him up. My biggest fear is that Kyle won't learn his "Andy Reid" lesson until he's fired, then go to the next team and win the SB.
Share 49ersWebzone