There are 290 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Give me belicheat and 2 firsts for Kyle and we'd reload next year and make another run. Some dope team like the raiders or jags or browns would pony up at least that. Maybe 2 firsts and 2 seconds.

Belicheat would make purdy into Brady 2.0. they have very similar attributes.

Kyle is the most valuable trade asset the niners have. Bring Bill and get value and we'd be back to a SB and win it guaranteed.

forgive me if I dont think your capable of guaranteeing this....

Bill is like..what? 50-70 or something like that without Tom Brady....dude had functional QBs too.. Bernie Kosar and Drew Bledsoe won more games then they lost...they were winning QBs...heck they had some of their worst seasons under Bill as I remember it.

Bill is not a QB whisper-er...he had the honor of coaching while the best QB of the generation played on his team.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Meh... At one point Andy Reid was a major choker too. . Luckily for him, he got lucky with meeting an even bigger choker in Shanny.

Its bizarre that some fans recognize great coaching jobs as chokes simply because they fall short of Super Bowl wins. As if the coaches are controlling the human beings on the field with a joystick.

The guy acquired incredible talent at the most important positions and wins multiple championships and some people still can't recognize what the difference was.

And he happens to be coaching one hell of a well coached team. I wouldn't stress, no one expects you to change your opinion on anything.

hold strong 💪
Yup Bill Walsh taught me that. These new teenager second place trophy fans are an absolute embarrassment to our decorated history. 2nd place is now something to be proud of and cherish. Walsh is turning in his grave now that losing is celebrated.

What does that have to do with your view that a multiple time championship head coach needed all time great players at key positions to not be labeled a choker?

A coach is one piece of the puzzle. They don't dictate outcomes.

They probably don't even influence games. Losing two to really bad teams at home probably has nothing to do with coaching
I said Reid was a choker until he met an even bigger choker. Hopefully one day Shanny can find his own Shanny and we win one.

Were the Eagles in 22 also chokers?

The Chiefs beat them as well.

Can you just state the point you're attempting to make? Eagles are about to lose their coach. You sure that's your comp?
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
And he happens to be coaching one hell of a well coached team. I wouldn't stress, no one expects you to change your opinion on anything.

hold strong 💪

You having trouble following?

His teams were well coached before he won the Super Bowl as well.

He didn't magically go from choker to champion. The players, in conjunction with his coaching, put him over the top.
Can you just state the point you're attempting to make? Eagles are about to lose their coach. You sure that's your comp?

Yep. You're having trouble following.

A poster said Andy Reid was a choker before he met a bigger choker that allowed him to win, lol. Absolutely absurd. He's always been a great coach.
Our offense is slow as f**k but no one is talking about that
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

Bust or boom we the fans must get comfortable in the thrill ride, or pass out. I prefer the Dan Campbell type of HC but this is who we got.

Bold take.... Dan Campbell has already lost 6 games he had a 10 point lead in...and the guy never had to coach a rebuilding team.....

Bold is the word. Lol
No question Kyle is way more intelligent.
Campbell is a high emotion gambler with big cajonies. I love that kind of leader. I'm probably weird. But did you see the fans at the last Lion's home game? They haven't had that kind of joy for a very long time. Even if the team lucks out they love him.
We, as fans have had some great success recently but the vibe is different. Still love it and the team but I want them all to want to fight for each other.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

A poster said Andy Reid was a choker before he met a bigger choker that allowed him to win, lol. Absolutely absurd. He's always been a great coach.

Every single coach is a choker at one point in their careers. If that wasn't true, every HC would have a Super Bowl ring.

Kyle Shanahan has made some decisions that has pissed me off to the fullest. But a choker, nah no frickin way, especially if you look at the bigger picture around him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Every single coach is a choker at one point in their careers. If that wasn't true, every HC would have a Super Bowl ring.

Kyle Shanahan has made some decisions that has pissed me off to the fullest. But a choker, nah no frickin way, especially if you look at the bigger picture around him.

Not sure if posted but: Most losses in regular season+playoffs when up by 10+ in a game as a 49ers head coach:
The guy more than doubles Walsh and Nolan combined.
Shannahan 18
Walsh 8
Nolan 8
Marriucci 6
[ Edited by socal1632 on Oct 8, 2024 at 7:09 AM ]

Originally posted by socal1632:

Not sure if posted but: Most losses in regular season+playoffs when up by 10+ in a game as a 49ers head coach:
Shannahan 18
Walsh 8
Nolan 8
Marriucci 6

p.s… This has caused him to waste this entire window of NFL best talent. At some point…🫤

I mean come on why even mention Nolan. This is a narrative fitter

You don't think Atlanta massively choked? Where all the offense needed was a few first down and Shanny literally did exactly opposite of what was needed? We didn't choke two, not own but two, 10 point leads in super bowls? I can't honestly think of a more by the definition meaning of choking. 3 Super Bowls that should've been won but weren't because of losing big leads when it mattered the most. What would you consider that?
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Oct 8, 2024 at 4:46 AM ]
Shannahan 18
Walsh 8
Nolan 8
Marriucci 6

p.s… This has caused him to waste this entire window of NFL best talent. At some point…🫤

How many of those were in 2017-2018? Those years were hardly a "waste of the NFL best talent". I'll even give you 2020 when a good part of that talent was on IR.

Also, 10 point first half leads are kinda nothing burgers in the 2020s, so not separating those out is a bit of a cheat (assuming there are some). The ones that are more concerning are the second half leads like the last couple. I'm guessing those games will have a lot of turnovers, too. Yesterday the second half was four drives, four turnovers - INT, Downs, Fumble, INT. Few teams are holding a lead when they can't hold on to the ball.
Shannahan 18
Walsh 8
Nolan 8
Marriucci 6

It's a worthless comparison though. I mean Nolan won 18 games total as a 49ers HC. His team will have led by 10+ on very few occasions (the vast majority of his wins were by small margins).
Also, Shanahan has over twice the amount of games coached as Nolan, so you have to adjust there also.
Trash stats.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Give me belicheat and 2 firsts for Kyle and we'd reload next year and make another run. Some dope team like the raiders or jags or browns would pony up at least that. Maybe 2 firsts and 2 seconds.

Belicheat would make purdy into Brady 2.0. they have very similar attributes.

Kyle is the most valuable trade asset the niners have. Bring Bill and get value and we'd be back to a SB and win it guaranteed.

forgive me if I dont think your capable of guaranteeing this....

Bill is like..what? 50-70 or something like that without Tom Brady....dude had functional QBs too.. Bernie Kosar and Drew Bledsoe won more games then they lost...they were winning QBs...heck they had some of their worst seasons under Bill as I remember it.

Bill is not a QB whisper-er...he had the honor of coaching while the best QB of the generation played on his team.

I still can't get over hiring Matt Patricia as your offensive coordinator. That was the red flag the game has passed him by.
Share 49ersWebzone