49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

They need another training camp lol
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Can you just state the point you're attempting to make? Eagles are about to lose their coach. You sure that's your comp?

Yep. You're having trouble following.

A poster said Andy Reid was a choker before he met a bigger choker that allowed him to win, lol. Absolutely absurd. He's always been a great coach.

Every single coach is a choker at one point in their careers. If that wasn't true, every HC would have a Super Bowl ring.

Kyle Shanahan has made some decisions that has pissed me off to the fullest. But a choker, nah no frickin way, especially if you look at the bigger picture around him.

Not sure if posted but: Most losses in regular season+playoffs when up by 10+ in a game as a 49ers head coach:
The guy more than doubles Walsh and Nolan combined.
Shannahan 18
Walsh 8
Nolan 8
Marriucci 6

p.s… This has caused him to waste this entire window of NFL best talent. At some point…🫤

These posts are pissing me off. And who acquired this talent? I keep saying it but there's a difference between CAN'T and HASN'T when it comes to winning and Andy Reid is a perfect example. He was getting killed by the fans and media on a weekly basis for years before they offed him. Heck, so was Belicheck. I keep reading these idiotic posts about wasting this talent. LOLOLOL. HE ASSEMBLED THIS TALENT! And this talent is what it is because of HIS SYSTEM. But if you would rather just hire any old coach because there are so many SB championship caliber coaches just sitting out there then fine lets do it. Can't wait to hear all the b***hing then.
Hire Saleh back asap!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Can you just state the point you're attempting to make? Eagles are about to lose their coach. You sure that's your comp?

Yep. You're having trouble following.

A poster said Andy Reid was a choker before he met a bigger choker that allowed him to win, lol. Absolutely absurd. He's always been a great coach.

Every single coach is a choker at one point in their careers. If that wasn't true, every HC would have a Super Bowl ring.

Kyle Shanahan has made some decisions that has pissed me off to the fullest. But a choker, nah no frickin way, especially if you look at the bigger picture around him.

You don't think Atlanta massively choked? Where all the offense needed was a few first down and Shanny literally did exactly opposite of what was needed? We didn't choke two, not own but two, 10 point leads in super bowls? I can't honestly think of a more by the definition meaning of choking. 3 Super Bowls that should've been won but weren't because of losing big leads when it mattered the most. What would you consider that?

You see what you just did there. Do you see who you're blaming and who REALLY needs to be blamed?

Like I said bigger picture, but you're so pissed off at Shanahan that you can't see it.

Very sad.
SIGN SALEH. NOW!!!
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
SIGN SALEH. NOW!!!

That's up to Jed.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Our offense is slow as f**k but no one is talking about that

Sounds like yo might be doing it wrong.
How can you be this bad in the redzone? They have more talent on this team than most despite the injuries. Do they even practice in the redzone? It's like he doesn't make adjustments based on what's happening. More of what I hate about Shanahan. Redzone is terrible and he won't fix it. We have enough talent. So that's not an excuse.

You see what you just did there. Do you see who you're blaming and who REALLY needs to be blamed?

Like I said bigger picture, but you're so pissed off at Shanahan that you can't see it.

Very sad.

Waste of time to argue with that group of posters. They physically can't have a logical debate. Just emotional instant reactions.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
That really does not make sense, considering Joe was injury prone and the primary reason the 49ers did not get to more Super Bowls in that era is health.

in 82 it was a strike season, but they went 3-6 do to health on the line Montana got sacked 20 times and thew 11 picks in 9 games... a win in the final game of season would have put them in the playoffs at 4-5

in 83 they went 1-1 in the playoffs after loosing Dwight Clark
in 85 they lost their only playoff game due to injury-- pick an injury offense and secondary were banged up.
in 86 they lost their only playoff game due to injury-- Montana was hurt and rushed back
In 87 they lost their only playoff game due to injury---Montana was hurt tried to play and sucked

Montana in that Giants-Giants-Vikes stretch had zero TDs, 4 interceptions.

I dont remember fans questioning Walsh but the dude was like 23-30 like far below 500 at the end of the 1983 season

He followed that up with that "mid period" of 84-87 with a 4-4 playoff record, just unable to get a team to the playoff healthy.

Fans today would loose their crap and want Walsh fired...for sure 100%... Hell they would want Montana fired....

If health had been on their side...who knows...could have been many...mannny superbowls....

The point remains the same though, you need great players, and you need them healthy to have lots of post season success.

I think we're in agreement here, lol.

I know Joe,

You are 100% correct.....

Since Walsh was brought up, as some sort of example of a coach that would never ever loose...I just wanted to post a reminder that, Walsh did in fact face some major challenges in his coaching career.

By Walsh's 5th year in the league the dude had LOST almost 40 games, his record was something like 31-39...I would have to look it up again, it has been a while since I looked it up, but yeah it he was sub .500 by quite a bit...He had a Super Bowl run....but shocker....a coach needs talent, and he needs that talent healthy.

When it comes to "choking", by his mid tenure with the 49ers he could not win Playoff games year in and year out...That Giants-Giants-Vikes playoff era he was bounced 0-3 in the playoffs in 85,86,87.

Those teams were LOADED with Hall of Fame, and Pro-bowl talent. Roger Craig had his 1000-1000 season in that era, hell Jerry Rice scored 42 reception TDs in that 3 year era...hell man.. BA, and Deebo COMBINED have only scored 45 reception TDs in their entire careers.

Plus in that 3 year "choking" era Defense( 85-86-87) created an astounding 82 interceptions to go with 148 sacks.

If you took that 2020 superbowl run defense, we all loved...and multiplied it by 3 to get an even-ish comparison (I know it is not equal the 80s teams played 6 fewer games in 3 years)

That 2020 x 3 team would have created 36 interceptions and 144 sacks.

So that can't choke Bill Walsh, even with an ungodly defense..still could not win a single playoff game in 85-86-87

It is weird...it is almost like you need really good players, and they have to be healthy to ..ehh...not choke....

(*** went back and fixed Bill Walsh's record since I was digging though stats anyway..I was off by a win***)

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How can you be this bad in the redzone? They have more talent on this team than most despite the injuries. Do they even practice in the redzone? It's like he doesn't make adjustments based on what's happening. More of what I hate about Shanahan. Redzone is terrible and he won't fix it. We have enough talent. So that's not an excuse.

The 49ers were #1 in the red zone last year. Losing CMC is killing this team right now. It might be different if they knew during the off season that he wouldn't be available but they didn't and now they're scrambling to find a way to make up for his production. On top of that, their #1 drat pick hasn't been available either and he may have been a good weapon in the red zone. It's also affecting Purdy. Without CMC as an outlet when he's under pressure he is forced to scramble around more trying to find an open receiver.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

The 49ers were #1 in the red zone last year. Losing CMC is killing this team right now. It might be different if they knew during the off season that he wouldn't be available but they didn't and now they're scrambling to find a way to make up for his production. On top of that, their #1 drat pick hasn't been available either and he may have been a good weapon in the red zone. It's also affecting Purdy. Without CMC as an outlet when he's under pressure he is forced to scramble around more trying to find an open receiver.

We shouldn't be this bad with Aiyuk, Kittle, Deebo, TW - at LT, Banks, Puni and a good running game. Sometimes just run it in. We have enough WR's and TE's to get it done. It should be better.
It's either ANOTHER SUPER BOWL RING or EXIT DOOR for Shanny !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
It's either ANOTHER SUPER BOWL RING or EXIT DOOR for Shanny !!!

He lost that 3 solid times. Twice for us. He can't do it.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
SIGN SALEH. NOW!!!

That's up to Jed.

More like up to Saleh. He's currently gonna be paid 5 mil to stay at home.
Share 49ersWebzone