There are 277 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by 9moon:
It's either ANOTHER SUPER BOWL RING or EXIT DOOR for Shanny !!!

Nah, as long as sports media and dumb fans keep calling him the best offensive mind in football, he'll be fine.

When you have the media, other teams, players, other fans, most of our fan base, all the say the same thing, it's probably time to realize that you're just dumb and don't know wtf you talking about.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Catching as a receiver and fielding punts is completely different.

It does take time to learn the offense but he had a full off-season.

The complexity of the offense is due to shanahan.

The fact that he won't play rookie players unless they know every play on both offense and defense is on the coach. A smart coach would let him know his dozen or so plays and find a way to get him in the game and utilize him.

Literally because of what I said above. You have no other mismatches so if you want to win you need to find a way to get cowing involved.

Stubbornness has always bit us. Mason could have won us a SB in February but stubbornness kept him out of the game.

It's not going to change now just because it's obvious that certain rookies need to be involved. It was obvious Mason was good for two seasons but he still didn't get used.

It won't change now.

coach was asked about cowing and said he's not there yet.

"He's still working to get out there. He is trying to get more comfortable with the offense and just earn a role with it, gets closer and closer each week. Still got a bit to go though."

this tells you he doesn't know what he is doing. you have to be able to play all three positions, and understand the responsibilities on each snap. you never know when Deebo is gonna play Rb and need to check out for a play. Cowing has to be able to handle all the roles on the fly. he's not there yet. coach is just saying that outright. he runs the wrong way and the ball is going the other way. that's why he's not playing. he won't see the field until he learns the O.
Shanny is the next Andy Reid.
Catching as a receiver and fielding punts is completely different.

It does take time to learn the offense but he had a full off-season.

The complexity of the offense is due to shanahan.

The fact that he won't play rookie players unless they know every play on both offense and defense is on the coach. A smart coach would let him know his dozen or so plays and find a way to get him in the game and utilize him.

Literally because of what I said above. You have no other mismatches so if you want to win you need to find a way to get cowing involved.

Stubbornness has always bit us. Mason could have won us a SB in February but stubbornness kept him out of the game.

It's not going to change now just because it's obvious that certain rookies need to be involved. It was obvious Mason was good for two seasons but he still didn't get used.

It won't change now.

going back to this, on the Mason point, you say Mason could have won us the SB. Mason can't win us the game vs ARZ. he had the bad fumble.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Nah, as long as sports media and dumb fans keep calling him the best offensive mind in football, he'll be fine.

When you have the media, other teams, players, other fans, most of our fan base, all the say the same thing, it's probably time to realize that you're just dumb and don't know wtf you talking about.

"Most of our fan base"

You need to get out more.

And check other teams' forums to see how much respect Shanahan commands among those fan bases.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Shanny is the next Marty Shottenheimer.
Originally posted by raywm3:
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Can you just state the point you're attempting to make? Eagles are about to lose their coach. You sure that's your comp?

Yep. You're having trouble following.

A poster said Andy Reid was a choker before he met a bigger choker that allowed him to win, lol. Absolutely absurd. He's always been a great coach.

Every single coach is a choker at one point in their careers. If that wasn't true, every HC would have a Super Bowl ring.

Kyle Shanahan has made some decisions that has pissed me off to the fullest. But a choker, nah no frickin way, especially if you look at the bigger picture around him.

Not sure if posted but: Most losses in regular season+playoffs when up by 10+ in a game as a 49ers head coach:
The guy more than doubles Walsh and Nolan combined.
Shannahan 18
Walsh 8
Nolan 8
Marriucci 6

p.s… This has caused him to waste this entire window of NFL best talent. At some point…🫤

These posts are pissing me off. And who acquired this talent? I keep saying it but there's a difference between CAN'T and HASN'T when it comes to winning and Andy Reid is a perfect example. He was getting killed by the fans and media on a weekly basis for years before they offed him. Heck, so was Belicheck. I keep reading these idiotic posts about wasting this talent. LOLOLOL. HE ASSEMBLED THIS TALENT! And this talent is what it is because of HIS SYSTEM. But if you would rather just hire any old coach because there are so many SB championship caliber coaches just sitting out there then fine lets do it. Can't wait to hear all the b***hing then.

Likewise. Per the stated way this team is organized, John Lynch acquired this talent. And it appears almost everytime Lynch gives Shanahan his head, it's a disaster. As the team stated, GM Lynch acuires the 90, whether by draft or trade or free agency, and has the major say supervising contracts, and the HC makes the cut downs to the 53. They are required to work together while previous regimes did not, but Kyle being the face of the franchise does not make him Belichick. He does not have that power or responsibility.

I have no doubt if Kyle was gone, we'd still have a very strong roster, and the new HC would still advise, but he'd still not be in control.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Oct 8, 2024 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

"He's still working to get out there. He is trying to get more comfortable with the offense and just earn a role with it, gets closer and closer each week. Still got a bit to go though."

this tells you he doesn't know what he is doing. you have to be able to play all three positions, and understand the responsibilities on each snap. you never know when Deebo is gonna play Rb and need to check out for a play. Cowing has to be able to handle all the roles on the fly. he's not there yet. coach is just saying that outright. he runs the wrong way and the ball is going the other way. that's why he's not playing. he won't see the field until he learns the O.

No it does not tell you he does not know what he's doing. It tells you he hasn't met some arbitrary standard set by the coach that earns you playing time.

He said nothing measurable in that statement. He didn't say he knows about 70% of the playbook and needs to know 90% to get snaps during the game.

He might as well have just said "I don't play rookies unless I have to, and I don't have to at wr"

He just made some generic statement. It's like when he says after a loss the team needs to execute better. It means nothing other than to deflect blame.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We shouldn't be this bad with Aiyuk, Kittle, Deebo, TW - at LT, Banks, Puni and a good running game. Sometimes just run it in. We have enough WR's and TE's to get it done. It should be better.

They took your advice at the end of the game on Sunday. The RB fumbled. Sometimes nothing breaks your way.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dude is just not Head Coach material. Certainly not player personnel where he really struggles with picks. I just don't want him at all. But I can see how some call him Offensive Coordinator. Still he's struggling even in the redzone. So how good is he even at offense?

Gee, we couldn't tell.

going back to this, on the Mason point, you say Mason could have won us the SB. Mason can't win us the game vs ARZ. he had the bad fumble.

Different styles of defense against us. The chiefs would have been demolished by Mason up the middle. They would have had no gameplan for it.

This year everyone is copying McDonald's defense and realizes that deebo and aiyuk actually aren't that good at beating man so they can stack the box.

During the SB McCaffrey would keep them honest on the short pass threat. Imagine if we had a coach that new how to utilize two pro bowl running backs on the field at the same time.

No it does not tell you he does not know what he's doing. It tells you he hasn't met some arbitrary standard set by the coach that earns you playing time.

He said nothing measurable in that statement. He didn't say he knows about 70% of the playbook and needs to know 90% to get snaps during the game.

He might as well have just said "I don't play rookies unless I have to, and I don't have to at wr"

He just made some generic statement. It's like when he says after a loss the team needs to execute better. It means nothing other than to deflect blame.

not sure what is arbitrary about it. coach sees Cowing every day. he was asked directly why is Cowing not getting O snaps. coach answered. you may not like the answer, but the answer is what it is. coach said he's not there yet, with learning the O. it's hundreds of plays and concepts and you have to know where to line up, what route to run, what landmark to be at and what time to be there. it's a pretty high level mental game, almost like learning a language. he has the athleticism. coaches want players they know can execute the plays. you simply can't run a pro offense, this level of competition, and a guy is free lancing cuz he doesn't know where he needs to line up and what route to run. that may be how football works in the backyard, but not in the NFL. ideally you give him small duty like return man, and he excels, while learning in prax during the week the WR job.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

"Most of our fan base"

You need to get out more.

And check other teams' forums to see how much respect Shanahan commands among those fan bases.

Sorry that facts hurt your feelings, but keep making up stuff. Whatever makes you feel like less of an idiot

Different styles of defense against us. The chiefs would have been demolished by Mason up the middle. They would have had no gameplan for it.

This year everyone is copying McDonald's defense and realizes that deebo and aiyuk actually aren't that good at beating man so they can stack the box.

During the SB McCaffrey would keep them honest on the short pass threat. Imagine if we had a coach that new how to utilize two pro bowl running backs on the field at the same time.

i say we go off the reality. the reality is Mason needs to focus on getting the W vs ARZ. that was a brutal fumble and we probably win without it. he can do some good things, but he makes rook level mistakes also.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I doubt it at the moment maybe when Shanny is 20 yrs older and gains 75 lbs? Lol
Share 49ersWebzone