There are 273 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Koldo:
"Most of our fan base"

You need to get out more.

And check other teams' forums to see how much respect Shanahan commands among those fan bases.

Haha what you trolling around in other teams forums too? I'll tell you right now that all 3 NY team's fan bases would LOVE to have Kyle as their HC right now.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 8, 2024 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dude is just not Head Coach material. Certainly not player personnel where he really struggles with picks. I just don't want him at all. But I can see how some call him Offensive Coordinator. Still he's struggling even in the redzone. So how good is he even at offense?

Gee, we couldn't tell.

And zero legit replacement ideas. Just whiners. Very typical of today's society.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
"Most of our fan base"

And check other teams' forums to see how much respect Shanahan commands among those fan bases.

Haha what you trolling around in other teams forums too? I'll tell you right now that all 3 NY team's fan bases would LOVE to have Kyle as their HC fight now.

Swing big I guess… if the NY teams would want him, I'm convinced we should too.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Some are being overly dramatic right now. Sure It's frustrating to lose to teams you expect to beat, but let's have a little patience and reserve our judgement until the midway point of the season at least.

This season Is far from over.

They're a dropped Ronnie Bell pass and a Mason fumble while getting smacked in the face away from being 4-1. But some people love to panic.
I believe losing assistant coaches constantly is big part of what's going on. It takes time to get guys up to speed, what you want & expect, & then they are gone.

Kyle's lost a lot of assistant coaches.

Doesn't explain the drastic change in play calling such as the reduction of play action, our bread & butter.

If he wants to change the offense, great, but ease that s**t in.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
"Most of our fan base"

Haha what you trolling around in other teams forums too? I'll tell you right now that all 3 NY team's fan bases would LOVE to have Kyle as their HC right now.

Voicing informed opinions is not trolling.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Some are being overly dramatic right now. Sure It's frustrating to lose to teams you expect to beat, but let's have a little patience and reserve our judgement until the midway point of the season at least.

This season Is far from over.

They're a dropped Ronnie Bell pass and a Mason fumble while getting smacked in the face away from being 4-1. But some people love to panic.
I believe losing assistant coaches constantly is big part of what's going on. It takes time to get guys up to speed, what you want & expect, & then they are gone.

Kyle's lost a lot of assistant coaches.

Doesn't explain the drastic change in play calling such as the reduction of play action, our bread & butter.

If he wants to change the offense, great, but ease that s**t in.

Strange thing is that the offense has been bale to move the ball without issue until the red zone. So the offensive play calling has worked well to get up and down the field, but it's struggling to capitalize. So they don't really need to change what's getting them there, but rather what they choose to do once they get near the goal in order to score TDs.

I can't recall a team ever being near the top in yards and near the bottom in red zone TD%. One of these things is most likely an outlier that will subside to the average over time. Ideally it's the redzone TD % going up to match the yards production.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 8, 2024 at 11:21 AM ]
"Most of our fan base"

I consider Buffalo more Canada and they're probably good with their current HC. He's fine
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
SIGN SALEH. NOW!!!

That's up to Jed.

More like up to Saleh. He's currently gonna be paid 5 mil to stay at home.

I was hoping he would continue to play along in the relevant threads, but ultimately it being up to Saleh was my final answer
Originally posted by Silky:
"Most of our fan base"

I consider Buffalo more Canada and they're probably good with their current HC. He's fine

McDermott is a total choker though, right? 5-6 in the playoffs, including 0-1 in the Conference Championship. Only losers can't even make it to the Super Bowl.

^ This is how we grade coaches around here, right?
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

You seem to have trouble following conversations. It's not a surprise an NY Niner fan is referencing NY teams when another poster is trying to argue about how other fanbases feel and telling him he needs to get out more. Clearly he's exposed to fan sentiment in that area.

It's an example, not a standard. No reason for you to pretend otherwise.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
not sure what is arbitrary about it. coach sees Cowing every day. he was asked directly why is Cowing not getting O snaps. coach answered. you may not like the answer, but the answer is what it is. coach said he's not there yet, with learning the O. it's hundreds of plays and concepts and you have to know where to line up, what route to run, what landmark to be at and what time to be there. it's a pretty high level mental game, almost like learning a language. he has the athleticism. coaches want players they know can execute the plays. you simply can't run a pro offense, this level of competition, and a guy is free lancing cuz he doesn't know where he needs to line up and what route to run. that may be how football works in the backyard, but not in the NFL. ideally you give him small duty like return man, and he excels, while learning in prax during the week the WR job.

Ya then you dumb it down to the dozen plays cowing knows and you call them in game.

He doesn't have to know all 300 plays to get in the game.

They just aren't flexible enough to do it
we just need saleh or demeco ryans (never gonna happen) and we're back in business.
[ Edited by picklejuice on Oct 8, 2024 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

You seem to have trouble following conversations. It's not a surprise an NY Niner fan is referencing NY teams when another poster is trying to argue about how other fanbases feel and telling him he needs to get out more. Clearly he's exposed to fan sentiment in that area.

It's an example, not a standard. No reason for you to pretend otherwise.

Let's stay on topic, shall we? This is the (checks title) Kyle Shanahan thread.

continue
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 8, 2024 at 12:13 PM ]
I've floated this opinion before but maybe Kyle should bring in someone to assist in the in game play calling. He could still make the game plan but having someone up in the booth to call plays might help. Get some new ideas. Kyle is great at game planning but many fans feel his adjustments during the game aren't great. He often says after the game that the didn't see certain plays. Another set of eyes may or may not help but something needs to change to help this offense. Even if CMC comes back the offense needs a facelift.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I've floated this opinion before but maybe Kyle should bring in someone to assist in the in game play calling. He could still make the game plan but having someone up in the booth to call plays might help. Get some new ideas. Kyle is great at game planning but many fans feel his adjustments during the game aren't great. He often says after the game that the didn't see certain plays. Another set of eyes may or may not help but something needs to change to help this offense. Even if CMC comes back the offense needs a facelift.

It's never going to happen. I think it would help him to have someone to help with game management late in games though. Just a voice in his ear "RUN THE BALL KYLE"

Then again if we're being real...we did run the ball vs Arizona and Mason fumbled as our highly paid LT, TE and FB got blown up on the play by a depth player for a much lesser talented Arizona team.

AKA...players still have to do their part.
Share 49ersWebzone