There are 293 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dude is just not Head Coach material. Certainly not player personnel where he really struggles with picks. I just don't want him at all. But I can see how some call him Offensive Coordinator. Still he's struggling even in the redzone. So how good is he even at offense?

Gee, we couldn't tell.

And zero legit replacement ideas. Just whiners. Very typical of today's society.

Head coaching is legit a crapshoot. I love the people wanting to suggest replacement ideas.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Swing big I guess… if the NY teams would want him, I'm convinced we should too.

You seem to have trouble following conversations. It's not a surprise an NY Niner fan is referencing NY teams when another poster is trying to argue about how other fanbases feel and telling him he needs to get out more. Clearly he's exposed to fan sentiment in that area.

It's an example, not a standard. No reason for you to pretend otherwise.

Let's stay on topic, shall we? This is the (checks title) Kyle Shanahan thread.

continue

I live in NYC and can confirm my friends would take Kyle in a heartbeat lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I live in NYC and can confirm my friends would take Kyle in a heartbeat lol

My god all my NY friends would love Kyle. That includes the Bills, NYG, and NYJ.

Folks don't understand how s**tty coaching is in the NFL. Feel like theres's 5+ teams every yr making a change only to do it again after 3 yrs.
Strange thing is that the offense has been bale to move the ball without issue until the red zone. So the offensive play calling has worked well to get up and down the field, but it's struggling to capitalize. So they don't really need to change what's getting them there, but rather what they choose to do once they get near the goal in order to score TDs.

I can't recall a team ever being near the top in yards and near the bottom in red zone TD%. One of these things is most likely an outlier that will subside to the average over time. Ideally it's the redzone TD % going up to match the yards production.

I think the line can't run at will, and that is part of the issues...along with WRs that can't get open at will, at least not quickly.

Of course we have a small sample size, that has had injuries all over the place at random times. Two major parts of the offense in Trent and BA missed training camp to boot.....Deebo is the answer! down goes Deebo, JJ is the answer!....down goes JJ....

Reminds me of the entire offseason spent installing the Trey Lance offense, then poof...no Trey Lance

Kinda the same thing, off season installing the CMC offense...then poof no CMC. We can see the offense has some fundamental changes from last year. Less Deebo gadget, and less play action. If the plan was to use CMC in space more....well...one would suspect you would NOT want linebackers and safeties to bite down on the area you intended to use CMC as a target.....so maybe that explains less play action. Probably not a coincidence we are seeing an uptick in Juice in the passing game....

Add on to this, the 49ers seem to start slow more often than not. It seems we always have these conversations the first 5-7 games of a season. This team wants to peak late, and generally they do....so we will see.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Oct 8, 2024 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Silky:
I consider Buffalo more Canada and they're probably good with their current HC. He's fine

the bills are the only NY team that actually plays in NY and no they would drop mcDermott in a heartbeat for Kyle. I mean if we want to talk about "chokers" dude is at the top of the list.
I consider Buffalo more Canada and they're probably good with their current HC. He's fine

the bills are the only NY team that actually plays in NY and no they would drop mcDermott in a heartbeat for Kyle. I mean if we want to talk about "chokers" dude is at the top of the list.

This website would have imploded if Kyle called 3 passes in his own end zone in a tie game with 40 seconds left.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

This website would have imploded if Kyle called 3 passes in his own end zone in a tie game with 40 seconds left.

Dude I have some buddies that are real diehard Bills fans….they're so over it.

The got a freaking cyborg at QB and he's wasting away.

Kyle ain't perfect, but he's far from s**tty. Fans just need to find someone to blame….its funny how they work, any success we've had is not because of him EVERY failure is on him though.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Strange thing is that the offense has been bale to move the ball without issue until the red zone. So the offensive play calling has worked well to get up and down the field, but it's struggling to capitalize. So they don't really need to change what's getting them there, but rather what they choose to do once they get near the goal in order to score TDs.

I can't recall a team ever being near the top in yards and near the bottom in red zone TD%. One of these things is most likely an outlier that will subside to the average over time. Ideally it's the redzone TD % going up to match the yards production.

I think the line can't run at will, and that is part of the issues...along with WRs that can't get open at will, at least not quickly.

Of course we have a small sample size, that has had injuries all over the place at random times. Two major parts of the offense in Trent and BA missed training camp to boot.....Deebo is the answer! down goes Deebo, JJ is the answer!....down goes JJ....

Reminds me of the entire offseason spent installing the Trey Lance offense, then poof...no Trey Lance

Kinda the same thing, off season installing the CMC offense...then poof no CMC. We can see the offense has some fundamental changes from last year. Less Deebo gadget, and less play action. If the plan was to use CMC in space more....well...one would suspect you would NOT want linebackers and safeties to bite down on the area you intended to use CMC as a target.....so maybe that explains less play action. Probably not a coincidence we are seeing an uptick in Juice in the passing game....

Add on to this, the 49ers seem to start slow more often than not. It seems we always have these conversations the first 5-7 games of a season. This team wants to peak late, and generally they do....so we will see.

Looking at Jonnydel's red zone breakdown it's a number of things.

- Mason and Guerendo's inexperience rearing its head by not following their run blocking correctly
- Deebo not giving his best effort on routes when he's not the primary receiver.
- Kittle and Purdy each had a play where if both are sharper on the same play they score two TDs. They swapped failing each other.

It goes on like this for the five failed red zone drives. One or more guy executes poorly and the play fails.

Great breakdown jonnydel.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 8, 2024 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Dude I have some buddies that are real diehard Bills fans….they're so over it.

The got a freaking cyborg at QB and he's wasting away.

Kyle ain't perfect, but he's far from s**tty. Fans just need to find someone to blame….its funny how they work, any success we've had is not because of him EVERY failure is on him though.

Just watching that game I have as visibly cringing on that 3rd down when they dropped back to pass. I think it was Romo just baffled at that coaching decision. Like yeah the 4th and 23 wasn't a great decision but look at what some other coaches are doing before people complain.
My god all my NY friends would love Kyle. That includes the Bills, NYG, and NYJ.

Folks don't understand how s**tty coaching is in the NFL. Feel like theres's 5+ teams every yr making a change only to do it again after 3 yrs.

After the past 20 years of 49ers football, you'd think they would. People want to keep reaching back to the 80s. That era is never coming back again. That was a different time that involved a perfect confluence of events. It's like standing around and waiting to win the lottery a second time.

I'll take the coach that can get consistently get this team deeply into the playoffs over throwing darts at a dartboard blindfolded and hoping to get lucky somehow.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49er fans don't know how good they got it till they see it on another team winning.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49er fans don't know how good they got it till they see it on another team winning.

Imagine if Denver hadnt botched things with Kyle and the 49ers had gotten stuck with Tom Cable or Josh McDaniels who was super popular around here. They might still be changing out coaches every two to three years.
Notice how it's just trashing fans not necessarily telling us what Shanny is doing great so far? It seems to me people are taking their frustrations out on some fans making legit complaints about poor coaching. Now some are definitely overboard, no doubt but some complaints are fully warranted. We have lost 2 games to garbage teams. Games we had no business losing.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Oct 8, 2024 at 1:28 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Imagine if Denver hadnt botched things with Kyle and the 49ers had gotten stuck with Tom Cable or Josh McDaniels who was super popular around here. They might still be changing out coaches every two to three years.

No playoff appearances, no Super Bowl appearances, players not wanting to play in SF. Praying for 8-9 seasons with hopefully a chance to make a wild card appearance.

Yah no thanks, been through that s**t already it wasn't fun at all.

This may end up turning to be a down year but, Shanahan can easily fix this. He just needs to make the right call at DC and boom just like that this team is back to normal winning ways!!!

f**k I hate KC!!!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Josh McDaniels would have told them to F off like he did previously, and like our GM targets did.

Didn't Denise reportedly interview, or want to interview, Cable?

People forget what a clusterf*** our last hiring process was.
Share 49ersWebzone