There are 256 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 5thSFG:
2 hours per week with a position coach? Holy s**t that's weak

One of the things I blame for the epidemic of subpar OL performance in the league. If guys want to get better they really have to go to these OL training centers and put in a ton of work in the offseason.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
The entire eagles game was lost when we didn't challenge the bomb to brown that changed the entire game. He never caught it and low and behold the coach didn't challenge a catch that changed the entire momentum of the game in one play.

Case and point for what I'm saying. Even if we had the best roster we were close enough in talent to them that the little mistakes from coaching cost the game.

To your edit, it doesn't matter how much talent you have on offense when you have to replace your highly efficient QB with a career 3rd string/practice squad player and eventually a running back. There was nothing coaching could do to win that game. Be serious.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
The entire eagles game was lost when we didn't challenge the bomb to brown that changed the entire game. He never caught it and low and behold the coach didn't challenge a catch that changed the entire momentum of the game in one play.

Agree they should have challenged but it's pretty silly to think a game is over at 7-0.

You can get away with a mistake like that for maybe 1-2 games and still win and get lucky.

You can't for 3-4 games against good teams. That's why we will never win a SB with shanahan. He does it every game consistently.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Oct 8, 2024 at 3:32 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Case and point for what I'm saying. Even if we had the best roster we were close enough in talent to them that the little mistakes from coaching cost the game.

To your edit, it doesn't matter how much talent you have on offense when you have to replace your highly efficient QB with a career 3rd string/practice squad player and eventually a running back. There was nothing coaching could do to win that game. Be serious.

He tried to block Reddick with a 3rd string tight end. Another classic shanahan decision.

That play should have never happened though if you threw the challenge flag earlier.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by captveg:
Looking at Jonnydel's red zone breakdown it's a number of things.

- Mason and Guerendo's inexperience rearing its head by not following their run blocking correctly
- Deebo not giving his best effort on routes when he's not the primary receiver.
- Kittle and Purdy each had a play where if both are sharper on the same play they score two TDs. They swapped failing each other.

It goes on like this for the five failed red zone drives. One or more guy executes poorly and the play fails.

Great breakdown jonnydel.

Wait the film actually shows poor player execution rather than just piss poor play calling?! This is my shocked face 😑

So, players half-assing can't be blamed on the coach.

Good to know.

Surly can't be the players, right? No accountability for the guys making millions and millions of dollars.

Typical deflection, first take is wrong as usual. Man if you just waited to see what the film showed or at the very least listen to some people that might know more than you (not saying that's me) regarding film & play-calling…you might learn something. We all know that's not what you're about though.

whatever you're wrong…again

When the coach puts players in position to fail it is on the coach. Deebo has been dogging routes for years. If shanny is relying on that to succeed then he's barking up the wrong tree.
Originally posted by mcwoot:
When the coach puts players in position to fail it is on the coach. Deebo has been dogging routes for years. If shanny is relying on that to succeed then he's barking up the wrong tree.

Dogging routes for sure, but still 1100 yards from scrimmage and 12 TDs in 15 games. Also a team leader from the outside looking in.

You don't just snap your fingers and replace that.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I believe they created a position meant to, among other things, hold the players accountable. Job title of that position: coach

And fans apparently can't hold players accountable? Meh never mind fans don't care about film. That's too much to digest…much easier to be angry and grab a pitch fork.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 8, 2024 at 4:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Koldo:
Of course I blame the players too, but who is, for all intents and purposes, the head of this organization?

Players underperforming is also the HC's responsibility.

And not once have I ever read a post from you saying Kyle was the reason they won a game….hypocrite
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 8, 2024 at 4:06 PM ]
2-3 right now, we've had worse slow starts before and made the title games. c'mon kyle let's turn this s**t around.

How has he put players in a position to fail? Last I check a f**k ton of players have made a ton of money here because they've played well….that's all the players and has nothing to do with the HC? Can't have it both ways.

Acting like Deebo sucks to prove a point is barking up the wrong tree.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 8, 2024 at 4:02 PM ]

The game was lost when Brock's elbow was destroyed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

🤣

lol this

brock doesn't get hit and its a deep pass to aiyuk and we probably win the game

How has he put players in a position to fail? Last I check a f**k ton of players have made a ton of money here because they've played well….that's all the players and has nothing to do with the HC? Can't have it both ways.

Acting like Deebo sucks to prove a point is barking up the wrong tree.

Deebo is my favorite player on the team. But the OP called out him dogging routes where he is the not the target as one of our red zone issues, and that is something Deebo has done for years. A great example is this past Superbowl. Shanny spent most the second half trying to force the passing offense thru Deebo. Spags gambled (knowingly) that Deebo couldn't beat man coverage and Shanny gambled he could. If Deebo made just one or two plays he could have broke one and won us the game. But he didn't and we lost. Sure you could point to Deebo's execution as a reason why we failed, but the coach didn't put him in a position to succeed. That's not his game, and Shanny knows that.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

lol this

brock doesn't get hit and its a deep pass to aiyuk and we probably win the game

This is a great example also. Yeah the play was there if our protection held up just a second more, but our protection sucked and it didn't. People still tout that as a great play call but it doesn't take into account what our players are and aren't good at. Against the cards we set up with a bunch of slow developing routed for deep shots, and the deep shots were often there, but out pass protection isn't good enough to buy that time and Purdy ended up running for his life (yes I concede a few times he bailed too early). If we had a great pass blocking line that would be one thing, but we don't so the plan failed. That's not on the players who are what they are, it's on the coach for setting them up to fail.
[ Edited by mcwoot on Oct 8, 2024 at 4:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone