There are 254 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Jim wasn't great, but Kyle is starting to make his name as the biggest choker of all time because of his lack of attention to detail. This guy said he didn't know the rules for playoff ot man, it's pretty bad. I know he's an x and o god, but we need him to be a hc. It's his defense, his special teams, and his offense. No more of this I'm just the offensive coordinator I'm doing my job crap

I said this yesterday, the choker label is a made up narrative. A HC in football has a dozen coaches and 53 players, who he needs to execute everything perfectly AND have some luck for it to work out.

Acting like winning one game doesn't make you a "choker" is so silly. So if he goes to 1-1 he's not a choker? If a HC won a SB over a decade ago BUT hasn't done it again, is he a choker again?

Bills kicker makes that FG Levy isn't a choker? I mean when Doug Peterson gets fired this yr, should we replace Kyle with him…because he's not a choker? Tomlin won a SB his second yr as a HC with someone's team (that already won a SB) that was like 15 yrs ago. When does he become a choker again?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
And how many years does this new regime get to win it all? How long are they allowed to lose a couple games in a row before the mob starts up again?

folks want to take two steps back in hopes that it's 4 steps forward…but there's absolutely no chance they give that new regime yrs to build their team and go through growing pains….not after going to SBs and constant playoffs games.

Folks can't even name a legit candidate that would do better than Kyle. IMO the same people wanting him fired are the same fans that think firing their HC every couple yrs will magically change it all. Like we have it bad here here and aren't in contention for division titles, playoff games, NFCC games and SB games currently

I don't want him fired, I'm just rightfully frustrated as all fans should be. I know we can't let a top 3 offensive mind in the game out of the building, but sometimes I wish we had him in a coordinator or quality control role with someone else handling hc duties. Especially after 7 years with no change
We could fire Kyle right now and find a good HC/GM a couple years down the road. There are fans that would say that makes it the right decision because it led to that regime, but I'm sure you wouldn't agree. Especially if they had no SBs after 7 years

And how many years does this new regime get to win it all? How long are they allowed to lose a couple games in a row before the mob starts up again?

folks want to take two steps back in hopes that it's 4 steps forward…but there's absolutely no chance they give that new regime yrs to build their team and go through growing pains….not after going to SBs and constant playoffs games.

Folks can't even name a legit candidate that would do better than Kyle. IMO the same people wanting him fired are the same fans that think firing their HC every couple yrs will magically change it all. Like we have it bad here here and aren't in contention for division titles, playoff games, NFCC games and SB games currently
So we've went from can't name a legitimate candidate to can't name a legitimate candidate who would do better as if either is even relevant to the conversation.

By the way who gets to determine whether or not the candidate is legitimate?
I don't want him fired, I'm just rightfully frustrated as all fans should be. I know we can't let a top 3 offensive mind in the game out of the building, but sometimes I wish we had him in a coordinator or quality control role with someone else handling hc duties. Especially after 7 years with no change

We all get frustrated. I think some folks lack perspective of where the rest of the league is at regarding HC though.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
So we've went from can't name a legitimate candidate to can't name a legitimate candidate who would do better as if either is even relevant to the conversation.

Never said no one is allowed to say someone…I said for all the b***hing going on no one has legit plan or thought of who should replace him….and yes why do they think the candidate would be better?

only name I've heard at any point is Bill Belichick. We all saw how he was without Brady

I'd say the whole forum gets to decide if that candidate is a legitimate answer or not and why.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 9, 2024 at 7:52 AM ]
Not gonna lie I'm nervous with what I'm seeing from Kyle this season. It's not all on him but I need the team to find their new identity soon...like tomorrow night soon.

I'm seeing the same things that I thought Kyle moved past - not trusting young players at the cost of playing vets who aren't getting the job done and the biggest concern I have right now - the overconfidence in our talent. It seems to me like we have so many high end players who feel like they've arrived that we're not playing with teh same intensity as we used to.

Both the Rams and Cards games felt like we were coasting and expecting to just be handed the win not giving full effort. I worry that it's coming from the top as we try to run it back with the same guys. I'm praying these two bad losses put some urgency into this team and the rest of the season doesn't have many "easy" games so hopefully the team plays complete games and don't let up. This team should be 4-1 at minimum right now and even the Vikings game was very winnable if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

KC has flaws but they're 5-0. They're the back to back defending champs. We're SB losers who are acting like the Chiefs but have a 2-3 record 0-2 in the division, 0-3 in the NFC.

Time to wake up!
Jim wasn't great, but Kyle is starting to make his name as the biggest choker of all time because of his lack of attention to detail. This guy said he didn't know the rules for playoff ot man, it's pretty bad. I know he's an x and o god, but we need him to be a hc. It's his defense, his special teams, and his offense. No more of this I'm just the offensive coordinator I'm doing my job crap

I said this yesterday, the choker label is a made up narrative. A HC in football has a dozen coaches and 53 players, who he needs to execute everything perfectly AND have some luck for it to work out.

Acting like winning one game doesn't make you a "choker" is so silly. So if he goes to 1-1 he's not a choker? If a HC won a SB over a decade ago BUT hasn't done it again, is he a choker again?

Bills kicker makes that FG Levy isn't a choker? I mean when Doug Peterson gets fired this yr, should we replace Kyle with him…because he's not a choker? Tomlin won a SB his second yr as a HC with someone's team (that already won a SB) that was like 15 yrs ago. When does he become a choker again?

The dude has gone to the NFC championship 4 times and hasn't won a super bowl. 3/4 of those season ending games, he had a 10 point plus lead. That is the definition of a choker.
Originally posted by genus49:
Not gonna lie I'm nervous with what I'm seeing from Kyle this season. It's not all on him but I need the team to find their new identity soon...like tomorrow night soon.

I'm seeing the same things that I thought Kyle moved past - not trusting young players at the cost of playing vets who aren't getting the job done and the biggest concern I have right now - the overconfidence in our talent. It seems to me like we have so many high end players who feel like they've arrived that we're not playing with teh same intensity as we used to.

Both the Rams and Cards games felt like we were coasting and expecting to just be handed the win not giving full effort. I worry that it's coming from the top as we try to run it back with the same guys. I'm praying these two bad losses put some urgency into this team and the rest of the season doesn't have many "easy" games so hopefully the team plays complete games and don't let up. This team should be 4-1 at minimum right now and even the Vikings game was very winnable if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

KC has flaws but they're 5-0. They're the back to back defending champs. We're SB losers who are acting like the Chiefs but have a 2-3 record 0-2 in the division, 0-3 in the NFC.

Time to wake up!

What's sad is if Feliciano and Burford stayed healthy through the preseason I doubt Puni would be getting any run. I agree his personnel decisions is another area that is starting to cost him too
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 9, 2024 at 8:09 AM ]

This is where I'm at. There's no other replacement and I really don't want a replacement as Kyle is an offensive genius but his problem, and it's a massive problem is his inability to not completely fall apart at the the most crucial times. He's a choker... That is his main problem.

Never said no one is allowed to say someone…I said for all the b***hing going on no one has legit plan or thought of who should replace him….and yes why do they think the candidate would be better?

only name I've heard at any point is Bill Belichick. We all saw how he was without Brady

I'd say the whole forum gets to decide if that candidate is a legitimate answer or not and why.

Anyone one can complain about a coach but as you point out I've haven't seen any post with a legitimate suggestion for who could replace him. There are only a couple of coaches in the NFL that are on Kyle's level and they're locked up. Bringing in a coordinator as HC is a total crapshoot. College coaches are also a big if.

Never said you said they couldn't,I said it was irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

You really think an internet forum would be the best judge of a candidates legitimacy?
Originally posted by socalfan21:
The dude has gone to the NFC championship 4 times and hasn't won a super bowl. 3/4 of those season ending games, he had a 10 point plus lead. That is the definition of a choker.

Two of those NFCCs we had broken QBs. One lasted a series.

so if he wins on of those 4 chances, he's all of a sudden not a choker lol? One fumble recovery changes a game and he's not a choker all of a sudden?

So are Doug Peterson and Mike McCartney not chokers? Is Tomlin, John Harbs, Payton not chokers because they won a SB over a decade ago? Anything after that is meaningless? Jim is a choker apparently, no?

what about the 80% of HCs that never sniff a SB game? Are they all chokers?

Again have some perspective when looking at the league as a whole.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

lol, talk about spin. It's not Kyle's fault, it's the dozen coaches and the 53 players that failed to execute fault.

the excuses are pathetic
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Anyone one can complain about a coach but as you point out I've haven't seen any post with a legitimate suggestion for who could replace him. There are only a couple of coaches in the NFL that are on Kyle's level and they're locked up. Bringing in a coordinator as HC is a total crapshoot. College coaches are also a big if.
Throwing names off possible replacements out there doesn't invalidate legitimate criticisms of Shannahan in an way shape or form it's irrelevant.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
The sad part is that when this clown gets fired a couple years down the road, his supporters will still look back at those that felt he should've been fired years ago and claim "you didn't know anything". This cult is very similar to the Alex Smith fan club, that just used excuse after excuse (too many OCs, bad weather, small hands) all those years to justify keeping him around when the majority knew he was a bad pick and nothing more than a game manager.

Awful
Share 49ersWebzone