There are 271 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9moon:
McDermott should be fired after last week's stupidy ... he made his money and built a pretty good team.. but if he's getting paid and not getting the job done, then he should go too.. that's just the name of the game!!

Maybe we can switch HC and see each other in the Super Bowl... LaFleur still gets a pass for the next 2 years.. he's just now FORMING his own team after Rodgers left.

But both McDemott and Shanny no doubt, can and should be fired..

Why does LaFleur get a pass…he's had a two time MVP quarterbacking his team and still couldn't get past Kyle. Same s**t last yr with another QB. No SB appreciates. Fired according to everyone here.

Outside of Andy, Kyle is the least likely candidate that should be fired across the league.

LaFleur will get a pass from Green Bay for now, that's why I said 2 more years.. if they don't get better than the Lions and the Bears surpass them, LaFleur will be fired as well.. Especially if Love continues to improve..

as for McDermott, he's as dull as your HC here in SF.. he doesn't know how to win games.. those players are on top of their game now and still does not know how to beat KC.. it may NOT happen during the season, but if they exit out early in the playoffs, McDermott may find himself coaching Jacksonville !!
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Sorry NY, another non answer. The NFL has clear success metrics. Winning more games than you lose is one of them. Making the post season is another. Then we have winning your division and your conference. The ultimate goal is the superbowl. If you lose more than you win the layers you refer to become pointless. This is a business. So once again, what would it take for you to support change? 2 years of a losing record? 3? 4?

I mean he's won more games than he's lost. He's gone to the playoffs a bunch. Won his division. Gone to NFCC. Gone to SBs. Those are favorable metrics in the grand scheme of the NFL and what other coaches have been doing.

matt lafleur hasn't even been to a SB and that's with Aaron Rogers. Should they be talking about firing him in GB? Sean McDermott should be fired by now according to you. Tomlin hasn't done anything meaningful in 14 yrs (lost a SB). How long does he get? What because he won a SB with someone's else team two yrs into his tenure, he's good to go forever? If Kyle won a SB for SF in 2008 and nothing since then ya'll would be screaming for him to be fired 17 yrs later….And don't b******t me as say no you wouldn't.

If you actually read what I wrote you would understand where I'm coming from. It's not a black and white SB of your fired thing. That's my stance. There's layers and context to what would have to happen.

again no one can name me one legit person to replace him with that does better than what we've done overall.
Yet another non answer.

That's RIGHT @ NY.. we wont find anyone out there doing a better job CHOCKING an NFCCG and two Super Bowls while we're up at least by 10 points on all 3 games late in the 4th QTR..

NO ONE !!!

Probably won't find one that can rebuild the roster in 2 years and get to the title game 4 out of 5 years. Kyle has been the 2nd most successful coach in the league since he completed the rebuild and got a QB. I'm even counting JG who wasn't great but at least was capable when healthy.

Everyone wants another SB win but complaining about the coach that nearly everyone in the NFL considers a top 3 guy is silly. Sure he makes wrong decisions at times but so do the players. Kyle can call the best play every time but if the players don't perform it doesn't work.

HOW we going to find out if we won't find anyone IF we don't replace KYLE?

Brady won w/o Bill so he at least proved that he can win w/o him.. Bill has yet to prove that he can win w/o Brady... so, we have the team now, we have a pretty good QB, a defense that needs some coaching..

WHY NOT BILL ??

Hilarious post… didn't see the plot twist coming.

Nodding my head in agreement as you make the case for Tom being the goat and bill riding his coat tails.

then recommend…. Bill?? Who saw that coming???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

TOM will forever be the 2nd best QB in the history of the NFL only behind 16.. lets just get that straight...

.. and since NY wont give anyone in the whole wide word the chance to prove that there are other coaches better than KYLE, I had to use BILL's name, someone he's familiar with and someone with a resume that's worth looking at.

again, if it was up to me, the two candidates I want is...

Dan Lanning and PJ Fleck

but again, all the Shananigans here only believe that KYLE is the only one who can COACH here..

the way I see it, he 0-2 !! he 0-2 !!!
I will let you know in two years because that's my threshold. Two consecutive losing seasons. We don't know who will be available then. I guess it doesn't matter for you and your layering… it's Kyle or nothing for you. We all know that and you just confirmed it. Nobody is better than Kyle. Not now not next year not the year after that. You would accept multiple losing years with Kyle but you will not support a change because anyone else would be worse. You would rather lose with Kyle. It's perplexing and I hate to burst your bubble.. ownership will not agree with you. Two losing seasons and this guy is gone.

Lol oh so your answer is I'll let you know….but if I say something similar that's not good enough?

Then you blabber on about me saying Kyle or nothing…please show me where I said that?

you have zero clue to what ownership will or won't agree with…but please continue to talk out your butt.
LaFleur will get a pass from Green Bay for now, that's why I said 2 more years.. if they don't get better than the Lions and the Bears surpass them, LaFleur will be fired as well.. Especially if Love continues to improve..

as for McDermott, he's as dull as your HC here in SF.. he doesn't know how to win games.. those players are on top of their game now and still does not know how to beat KC.. it may NOT happen during the season, but if they exit out early in the playoffs, McDermott may find himself coaching Jacksonville !!

Why does he get two more yrs? He's already lost it with a two time MVP at QB. Imagine Kyle having a two time MVP and not even getting to the SB? My god you'd have a meltdown. This whole forum would.

You act like mahomes and KC is some b******t team that anyone else can beat. Yet that's proven to be incorrect.
HOW we going to find out if we won't find anyone IF we don't replace KYLE?

Brady won w/o Bill so he at least proved that he can win w/o him.. Bill has yet to prove that he can win w/o Brady... so, we have the team now, we have a pretty good QB, a defense that needs some coaching..

WHY NOT BILL ??

Because his old as dirt and his offense stinks. He's a horrible drafter and shown that outside of Brady he can't develop much at QB.

Dude will want to make his own roster and by the time anything happens he's gonna be closer to 80 lol. Only place I see him coaching for is NYG.

AGAIN, no one knows that until he coaches again.. but will you blame him if he wants to get rid of players like Bell? NOT that I'm begging the football gods to hire Bilicheat.. but NO WAY can you look at Shanny's resume and laugh at Bills..
McDermott should be fired after last week's stupidy ... he made his money and built a pretty good team.. but if he's getting paid and not getting the job done, then he should go too.. that's just the name of the game!!

Maybe we can switch HC and see each other in the Super Bowl... LaFleur still gets a pass for the next 2 years.. he's just now FORMING his own team after Rodgers left.

But both McDemott and Shanny no doubt, can and should be fired..

Why does LaFleur get a pass…he's had a two time MVP quarterbacking his team and still couldn't get past Kyle. Same s**t last yr with another QB. No SB appreciates. Fired according to everyone here.

Outside of Andy, Kyle is the least likely candidate that should be fired across the league.

Saying Kyle doesn't know how to win games is ridiculous. He's won enough to get them to the SB twice and the NFC title game 4 times . The fact that he lost the SB twice doesn't mean he doesn't know how to win. I guess that means Andy Reid is the only coach that knows how to win. Except in Philly he didn't know how to win and they ran him out of town. You think Mahomes has something to do with it. If Kyle had Mahomes and the KC defensive line led by Chris Jones my guess is he would have won both those games.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Eight playoff wins and four NFC Championship appearances in the last five seasons and we're talking about moving on from him for a total wild card coach that might not even get us to a winning record.

This fanbase is a bunch of spoiled brats. Y'all are exactly the reason we lost Harbaugh and had to suffer through the total suckage of Tomsula and Kelly.

I didn't know the fans have the authority to hire and fire staff and players.

Funny how Kyle supporters automatically assume that firing Kyle will bring on the next Tomsula or Kelly. They use Jim Harbaugh as their example. Why not use a more realistic one like George Seifert following Bill Walsh ? Where Seifert inherited a good roster from Bill and continued excellence leading to 2 SB titles and 5 NFCC appearances.

it's such a lazy argument on their part…

the SHANANIGANS have no more argument... little by little, they are disappearing from all possible arguments..

Shanny 0 and 2... he 0 and 2 !!
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Hilarious post… didn't see the plot twist coming.

Nodding my head in agreement as you make the case for Tom being the goat and bill riding his coat tails.

then recommend…. Bill?? Who saw that coming???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

He's a regular M. Night Shyamalan 😝

Stupid gonna stupid

LADY, wacha whinin about now ??
Originally posted by DrEll:
And that is why you (and your ilk) continue to sip the Kool-Aid. It's why you couldn't answer the question from a previous poster regarding Kyle's leash. Instead you went into a BS rant about absolutes and context. Kyle could lose the next 5 SBs and I bet you'd still support him because the "journey" was well worth it, in your opinion.

As I said, it's a lazy argument from a lackadaisical fanbase consisting of youngsters and millennials that haven't seen anything better from this team in their lifetime. Shame

I'm not a whiny fan who has zero perspective of how football works and how the rest of the league is at HC.

I know it's hard for you to grasp context and nuance….very weird for someone that has Dr in their name 🧐

all your takes are lazy and lack any real substance. Anyone with half a brain sees right there your 💩 posts.
Just because you fire Kyle doesn't mean you have to go to Tomsula. That's a stupid argument. Probably 100 Pro and College coaches could do as well as this. He has you mesmerized by fancy shifts and motions. But he never wins anything and always CHOKES. We have to move on from him. Shana_FANS are like cult members. They just don't want to hear anything else other than worship this fancy shift and motion guy who can never win.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 9, 2024 at 11:50 AM ]

AGAIN, no one knows that until he coaches again.. but will you blame him if he wants to get rid of players like Bell? NOT that I'm begging the football gods to hire Bilicheat.. but NO WAY can you look at Shanny's resume and laugh at Bills..

He coached for multiple seasons after Brady left. Even drafted his own replacement in the 1st rd. He spent more money in FA that yr than in any year previously under his regime. It was junk. He left that team in s**t and look at them currently.

no one is laughing at Bill's resume WITH Brady. I'm looking at what it was towards the end of their time together and after Brady. He's not some ascending HC with his best years ahead of him….and that's not even talking about how old he is.

there's a reason no one hired him this yr.

Why does he get two more yrs? He's already lost it with a two time MVP at QB. Imagine Kyle having a two time MVP and not even getting to the SB? My god you'd have a meltdown. This whole forum would.

You act like mahomes and KC is some b******t team that anyone else can beat. Yet that's proven to be incorrect.

that's right, KYLE has proved TWICE now that he can't beat an average KC team even up by 10 points while having the better team both times..

and the only argument you have is Grappy over throwing Sanders... you're not even sure if Sanders would have caught a perfectly thrown pass..
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just because you fire Kyle doesn't mean you have to go to Tomsula. That's a stupid argument. Probably 100 Pro and College coaches could do as well as this. He has you mesmerized by fancy shifts and motions. But he never wins anything and always CHOKES. We have to move on from him. Shana_FANS are like cult members. They just don't want to hear anything else other than worship this fancy shift and motion guy who can never win.

Yeah so many great SB winning coaches just sitting there with nothing to do… look at all these new coaches winning every year
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Hahaha okay buddy who? Name them…every HC that doesn't win it all "chokes" that's not some singular thing.

his "fancy offense" is currently being implemented by half the damn league.

fun fact since the 1970 merger there hasn't been a HC/QB combo that have avg more ppg (29.6) in their first 25 starts than Kyle and Brock. Man sorry that bothers you
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 9, 2024 at 11:58 AM ]

He coached for multiple seasons after Brady left. Even drafted his own replacement in the 1st rd. He spent more money in FA that yr than in any year previously under his regime. It was junk. He left that team in s**t and look at them currently.

no one is laughing at Bill's resume WITH Brady. I'm looking at what it was towards the end of their time together and after Brady. He's not some ascending HC with his best years ahead of him….and that's not even talking about how old he is.

there's a reason no one hired him this yr.

no one wanted him... it's as EZ as that.. but that doesn't mean he can't coach or not a better coach than your Shanny...

he doesn't even need to coach anymore and he'll go to the HOF... can you at least say that about Shanny?
Share 49ersWebzone