There are 224 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just because you fire Kyle doesn't mean you have to go to Tomsula. That's a stupid argument. Probably 100 Pro and College coaches could do as well as this. He has you mesmerized by fancy shifts and motions. But he never wins anything and always CHOKES. We have to move on from him. Shana_FANS are like cult members. They just don't want to hear anything else other than worship this fancy shift and motion guy who can never win.

You're living in fantasy land if you think there are 100 guys that can do Kyle's job and do it as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
I will let you know in two years because that's my threshold. Two consecutive losing seasons. We don't know who will be available then. I guess it doesn't matter for you and your layering… it's Kyle or nothing for you. We all know that and you just confirmed it. Nobody is better than Kyle. Not now not next year not the year after that. You would accept multiple losing years with Kyle but you will not support a change because anyone else would be worse. You would rather lose with Kyle. It's perplexing and I hate to burst your bubble.. ownership will not agree with you. Two losing seasons and this guy is gone.

Lol oh so your answer is I'll let you know….but if I say something similar that's not good enough?

Then you blabber on about me saying Kyle or nothing…please show me where I said that?

you have zero clue to what ownership will or won't agree with…but please continue to talk out your butt.
It's simple. You refuse to answer the threshold question. One has to draw the conclusion that it's Kyle or nobody for you. You hide behind the argument that it's complicated and layered… it's not black or white…. Ok then I offer you the opportunity to qualify your response… crickets on answering the question. You then hide behind your go to response… name his replacement …I am giving him two years so why do I need to name his replacement now? If u think ownership will accept going from one play away to two consecutive losing seasons without making a change then you're delusional. I believe that's where we are headed. Rough times ahead.
Originally posted by 9moon:
no one wanted him... it's as EZ as that.. but that doesn't mean he can't coach or not a better coach than your Shanny...

he doesn't even need to coach anymore and he'll go to the HOF... can you at least say that about Shanny?

No one wanted for a reason. He's old and he can't put up points without the goat.

No one cares if he's going to the HOF. Marv Levy is in the HOF, should we wheel him in?

again imo the only place Bill would actually coach is the NYG
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Just because you fire Kyle doesn't mean you have to go to Tomsula. That's a stupid argument. Probably 100 Pro and College coaches could do as well as this. He has you mesmerized by fancy shifts and motions. But he never wins anything and always CHOKES. We have to move on from him. Shana_FANS are like cult members. They just don't want to hear anything else other than worship this fancy shift and motion guy who can never win.

You're living in fantasy land if you think there are 100 guys that can do Kyle's job and do it as well.

Nothing special about him. Just fancy shifts and motions that fool you. Into thinking he's a good coach. Which he's not. He never wins anything. He always CHOKES. He's a big time CHOKER.
that's right, KYLE has proved TWICE now that he can't beat an average KC team even up by 10 points while having the better team both times..

and the only argument you have is Grappy over throwing Sanders... you're not even sure if Sanders would have caught a perfectly thrown pass..

Absolute insanity.
Nothing special about him. Just fancy shifts and motions that fool you. Into thinking he's a good coach. Which he's not. He never wins anything. He always CHOKES. He's a big time CHOKER.

Lol you're emotional
McDermott should be fired after last week's stupidy ... he made his money and built a pretty good team.. but if he's getting paid and not getting the job done, then he should go too.. that's just the name of the game!!

Maybe we can switch HC and see each other in the Super Bowl... LaFleur still gets a pass for the next 2 years.. he's just now FORMING his own team after Rodgers left.

But both McDemott and Shanny no doubt, can and should be fired..

Why does LaFleur get a pass…he's had a two time MVP quarterbacking his team and still couldn't get past Kyle. Same s**t last yr with another QB. No SB appreciates. Fired according to everyone here.

Outside of Andy, Kyle is the least likely candidate that should be fired across the league.

LaFleur will get a pass from Green Bay for now, that's why I said 2 more years.. if they don't get better than the Lions and the Bears surpass them, LaFleur will be fired as well.. Especially if Love continues to improve..

as for McDermott, he's as dull as your HC here in SF.. he doesn't know how to win games.. those players are on top of their game now and still does not know how to beat KC.. it may NOT happen during the season, but if they exit out early in the playoffs, McDermott may find himself coaching Jacksonville !!

Saying Kyle doesn't know how to win games is ridiculous. He's won enough to get them to the SB twice and the NFC title game 4 times . The fact that he lost the SB twice doesn't mean he doesn't know how to win. I guess that means Andy Reid is the only coach that knows how to win. Except in Philly he didn't know how to win and they ran him out of town. You think Mahomes has something to do with it. If Kyle had Mahomes and the KC defensive line led by Chris Jones my guess is he would have won both those games.

... and if he gets to the SB three more times and lose all, and 8 more NFCCG? ok ok, I guess you can say he can win games.. but how painful would that be for you?

I guess it wont be too bad introducing him to the 49er Ring of Honor known for going 9x in the NFCCG and losing all 5 Super Bowls.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
This.

also if a new guy comes in, why would it just be stance quo? They will most certainly want say in roster building, coaching hires, roster change etc etc. that doesn't always equal success from the start. Folks want SBs NOW and think that's just gonna happen with a whole new everything from the jump….bringing up Walsh to Seifert from over 30 yrs ago isn't a normal thing, also it was someone that was hired from within that kept everything the same. They hire someone from outside. They will most certainly want their team…not kyle's team, which apparently some in here thinks stinks anyway

Let me break it down to you:

Defense
We probably have the worst safety tandem in the league.
The worst CB in the league (Yiadom), an underperforming Ward (who has been average to below-average this season) and a very good player in Lenoir.
Other than Warner, an awful LB corps.
Other than Bosa, a mediocre D-line.

Offense
Brock is a stud. No debate there.
Mason has been great. CMC is a beast but I'm not sure he'll be able to play again.
O-line: the worst RT and C in the league. Trent is still one of the best. Puni has been a pleasant surprise. Banks is average at best.
WR's: Deebo is washed out. Aiyuk is not a top-5 receiver, who's paid like one. JJ has been amazing, the exact type of player this organization desperately needs.
Kittle is still a very good TE but he's starting to decline.
Juice is good but his role is too marginal to have a real impact.

ST
The worst special teams unit in the league without a doubt.

This roster might not stink, but it's starting to give off a funny smell.
McDermott should be fired after last week's stupidy ... he made his money and built a pretty good team.. but if he's getting paid and not getting the job done, then he should go too.. that's just the name of the game!!

Maybe we can switch HC and see each other in the Super Bowl... LaFleur still gets a pass for the next 2 years.. he's just now FORMING his own team after Rodgers left.

But both McDemott and Shanny no doubt, can and should be fired..

Why does LaFleur get a pass…he's had a two time MVP quarterbacking his team and still couldn't get past Kyle. Same s**t last yr with another QB. No SB appreciates. Fired according to everyone here.

Outside of Andy, Kyle is the least likely candidate that should be fired across the league.

LaFleur will get a pass from Green Bay for now, that's why I said 2 more years.. if they don't get better than the Lions and the Bears surpass them, LaFleur will be fired as well.. Especially if Love continues to improve..

as for McDermott, he's as dull as your HC here in SF.. he doesn't know how to win games.. those players are on top of their game now and still does not know how to beat KC.. it may NOT happen during the season, but if they exit out early in the playoffs, McDermott may find himself coaching Jacksonville !!

Saying Kyle doesn't know how to win games is ridiculous. He's won enough to get them to the SB twice and the NFC title game 4 times . The fact that he lost the SB twice doesn't mean he doesn't know how to win. I guess that means Andy Reid is the only coach that knows how to win. Except in Philly he didn't know how to win and they ran him out of town. You think Mahomes has something to do with it. If Kyle had Mahomes and the KC defensive line led by Chris Jones my guess is he would have won both those games.

... and if he gets to the SB three more times and lose all, and 8 more NFCCG? ok ok, I guess you can say he can win games.. but how painful would that be for you?

I guess it wont be too bad introducing him to the 49er Ring of Honor known for going 9x in the NFCCG and losing all 5 Super Bowls.

It would be painful but finishing at the bottom of the division every year would be worse. 28 or 30 other teams would gladly trade places with the Niners.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 9, 2024 at 12:06 PM ]
It's simple. You refuse to answer the threshold question. One has to draw the conclusion that it's Kyle or nobody for you. You hide behind the argument that it's complicated and layered… it's not black or white…. Ok then I offer you the opportunity to qualify your response… crickets on answering the question. You then hide behind your go to response… name his replacement …I am giving him two years so why do I need to name his replacement now? If u think ownership will accept going from one play away to two consecutive losing seasons without making a change then you're delusional. I believe that's where we are headed. Rough times ahead.

Why do I have to answer some make believe scenario without any context? Just because you live in a world that is based on you being good or bad, doesn't mean I do.

I even broke down a couple scenarios. It's like you don't read or something?

So what if he has a winning record, but doesn't going to the playoffs, then he gets two more yrs to do whatever after this season? I highly doubt you and you Kyle haters club would accept that.

Originally posted by Koldo:

Defense
The worst CB in the league (Yiadom), an underperforming Ward (who has been average to below-average this season) and a very good player in Lenoir.

Offense
Mason has been great. CMC is a beast but I'm not sure he'll be able to play again.
O-line: the worst RT and C in the league. Trent is still one of the best. Puni has been a pleasant surprise. Banks is average at best.
WR's: Deebo is washed out. Aiyuk is not a top-5 receiver, who's paid like one. JJ has been amazing, the exact type of player this organization desperately needs.

ST

Hahahahahaha this just further proves you have absolutely zero perspective of what is going on in the rest of the league.

I mean if you think this roster is so f**king awful, but they're only two plays away from being 4-1…wow that must be a hell of a coaching job?!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 9, 2024 at 12:11 PM ]

Why do I have to answer some make believe scenario without any context? Just because you live in a world that is based on you being good or bad, doesn't mean I do.

I even broke down a couple scenarios. It's like you don't read or something?

So what if he has a winning record, but doesn't going to the playoffs, then he gets two more yrs to do whatever after this season? I highly doubt you and you Kyle haters club would accept that.

Kyle or nothing is your position. Just own it.

Defense

Offense

ST

Always great to see people who watch zero other NFL teams talk about worst in league.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Defense

Offense

ST

Hahahahahaha this just further proves you have absolutely zero perspective of what is going on in the rest of the league.

I mean if you think this roster is so f**king awful, but they're only two plays away from being 4-1…wow that must be a hell of a coaching job?!

After playing powerhouses such as the Rams, Jets, Cardinals and Patriots
So this is probably the reality. This is the last dance for this team this year.

Next year you will have Brock, puni, Jennings, Mason, bosa as your core.

That means we're pretty much rebuilding again. An NFL rebuild takes 3 years on average to go from sucking to back to contention.

Are you guys will to endure having a losing record this year then 2 more years of losing records just give shanahan his chance at a 3rd rebuild?
Share 49ersWebzone