There are 259 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by BimmerKing:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nothing special about him. Just fancy shifts and motions that fool you. Into thinking he's a good coach. Which he's not. He never wins anything. He always CHOKES. He's a big time CHOKER.

Lol you're emotional

He talks like he's 10 years old. I'm embarrassed for him
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's simple. You refuse to answer the threshold question. One has to draw the conclusion that it's Kyle or nobody for you. You hide behind the argument that it's complicated and layered… it's not black or white…. Ok then I offer you the opportunity to qualify your response… crickets on answering the question. You then hide behind your go to response… name his replacement …I am giving him two years so why do I need to name his replacement now? If u think ownership will accept going from one play away to two consecutive losing seasons without making a change then you're delusional. I believe that's where we are headed. Rough times ahead.

Why do I have to answer some make believe scenario without any context? Just because you live in a world that is based on you being good or bad, doesn't mean I do.

I even broke down a couple scenarios. It's like you don't read or something?

So what if he has a winning record, but doesn't going to the playoffs, then he gets two more yrs to do whatever after this season? I highly doubt you and you Kyle haters club would accept that.

Kyle or nothing is your position. Just own it.

So this is what it's all about for you lol?

You can't help yourself and have a normal convo about it. Sad. I gave you my stance and even some scenarios…not good enough, so I'll just revert to some made up shtick.

You have no answers on who should be the replacement…just some mythical coach candidate years from now lol. No matter the scenario if he has two losing seasons he's out. You can't even answer me if he has a winning season but doesn't make the playoffs this yr what if scenario.

It's fire Kyle no matter what for you…just own it instead of beating around the bush.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by BimmerKing:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nothing special about him. Just fancy shifts and motions that fool you. Into thinking he's a good coach. Which he's not. He never wins anything. He always CHOKES. He's a big time CHOKER.

Lol you're emotional

He talks like he's 10 years old. I'm embarrassed for him

My god we've been arguing with a 10 yr old….makes total sense.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
So this is probably the reality. This is the last dance for this team this year.

Next year you will have Brock, puni, Jennings, Mason, bosa as your core.

That means we're pretty much rebuilding again. An NFL rebuild takes 3 years on average to go from sucking to back to contention.

Are you guys will to endure having a losing record this year then 2 more years of losing records just give shanahan his chance at a 3rd rebuild?
They will not answer that. It's too real for them. Its layered. It's too black and white.. etc etc.
It's simple. You refuse to answer the threshold question. One has to draw the conclusion that it's Kyle or nobody for you. You hide behind the argument that it's complicated and layered… it's not black or white…. Ok then I offer you the opportunity to qualify your response… crickets on answering the question. You then hide behind your go to response… name his replacement …I am giving him two years so why do I need to name his replacement now? If u think ownership will accept going from one play away to two consecutive losing seasons without making a change then you're delusional. I believe that's where we are headed. Rough times ahead.

Why do I have to answer some make believe scenario without any context? Just because you live in a world that is based on you being good or bad, doesn't mean I do.

I even broke down a couple scenarios. It's like you don't read or something?

So what if he has a winning record, but doesn't going to the playoffs, then he gets two more yrs to do whatever after this season? I highly doubt you and you Kyle haters club would accept that.

Kyle or nothing is your position. Just own it.

So this is what it's all about for you lol?

You can't help yourself and have a normal convo about it. Sad. I gave you my stance and even some scenarios…not good enough, so I'll just revert to some made up shtick.

You have no answers on who should be the replacement…just some mythical coach candidate years from now lol. No matter the scenario if he has two losing seasons he's out. You can't even answer me if he has a winning season but doesn't make the playoffs this yr what if scenario.

It's fire Kyle no matter what for you…just own it instead of beating around the bush.

Now you're being childish. I clearly stated it's two losing seasons and make a change for me. You have beaten all the leaves off the bush with your non answers.
So this is probably the reality. This is the last dance for this team this year.

That means we're pretty much rebuilding again. An NFL rebuild takes 3 years on average to go from sucking to back to contention.

Are you guys will to endure having a losing record this year then 2 more years of losing records just give shanahan his chance at a 3rd rebuild?
They will not answer that. It's too real for them. Its layered. It's too black and white.. etc etc.

Hard to answer that seriously when he says his 3rd rebuild. Must've missed the 2nd one...

Also leaving out players like Warner, Lenoir, Mason, I'm sure a few others as well.

Because it's not cut and dry. What about that is so hard for you to grasp?
Now you're being childish. I clearly stated it's two losing seasons and make a change for me. You have beaten all the leaves off the bush with your non answers.

Great that's your opinion, my opinion fluctuates over the how/why of each season before determining if he's fired or not.
Hard to answer that seriously when he says his 3rd rebuild. Must've missed the 2nd one...

Also leaving out players like Warner, Lenoir, Mason, I'm sure a few others as well.

Knucklehead behavior (I'm being kind). Also didn't realize Trent, Deebo, kittle, CmC, BA weren't on the roster next yr?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 9, 2024 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Jim wasn't great, but Kyle is starting to make his name as the biggest choker of all time because of his lack of attention to detail. This guy said he didn't know the rules for playoff ot man, it's pretty bad. I know he's an x and o god, but we need him to be a hc. It's his defense, his special teams, and his offense. No more of this I'm just the offensive coordinator I'm doing my job crap

I said this yesterday, the choker label is a made up narrative. A HC in football has a dozen coaches and 53 players, who he needs to execute everything perfectly AND have some luck for it to work out.

Acting like winning one game doesn't make you a "choker" is so silly. So if he goes to 1-1 he's not a choker? If a HC won a SB over a decade ago BUT hasn't done it again, is he a choker again?

Bills kicker makes that FG Levy isn't a choker? I mean when Doug Peterson gets fired this yr, should we replace Kyle with him…because he's not a choker? Tomlin won a SB his second yr as a HC with someone's team (that already won a SB) that was like 15 yrs ago. When does he become a choker again?

Great post. At the end of the day, if you want to objectively assign fault, you have to look at the whole picture.

It's not wrong to hold Kyle accountable for things he can conceivably control, or be reasonably critiqued for. But it IS wrong to hold to him to an impossible standard, and I've seen several people do that.

Some people seriously judge Kyle as if he has God powers, able to physically control all players on the field simultaneously.

I am pretty dang sure Kyle tells Brock in certain situations not to take a sack, and or protect the ball. We most certainly practice ball security. If guys don't do what they've been coached to do (see Spencer Burford in the Super Bowl), it then falls on the player. Period. At most, you can blame a position coach.

If there's any coach who deserves to be criticized right now, it's our special teams coordinator. Our coverage unit has been horrific, and it wound up directly leading to an injury to a guy who was near top of the league in kicking this year. I think if that doesn't improve, Kyle needs to fire him.

Agreed! No one is saying Kyle can't be criticized or shoulder any of the blame. Saying wins and losses are only for one person…who doesn't even touch the football is absurd.

Like I get it, I'm super emotionally invested in the team too, but I never let my frustration get in the way of logical thinking.

It's flat out irrational to place it all, or even the majority on Kyle. He hasn't lost the locker room, the guys on the field KNOW it's not on him at all. We have a team that has always raved about how well coached we are here compared to anywhere else. The culture, the work ethic, etc.

Kyle helped build that. When things go wrong, it's usually isolated individual issues. The problem really this year is that we've had way too many of those all at once in insane cascades where everything had to happen a certain way to cost us and it just happened to go that way.

Fluke tipped pass, injured kicker, drops, a missed block at precisely the wrong time, Campbell deflecting a would-be pick six.. Sometimes a part of that, or even on top of that, is just pure bad luck (injuries, officiating, etc), which is also stuff no one can control.

Kyle put this team into position to win at least 4/5 this year and while he may not have been absolutely perfect all year, I point to the players individually failing to get the job done when the calls were good and the plays were right there to be made.

Knucklehead behavior (I'm being kind). Also didn't realize Trent, Deebo, kittle, CmC, BA weren't on the roster next yr?

It's possible, like Kyle said, we might not be alive next week

So... we have 43 million in cap space next year. Where are all the other players under contract that yall failed to mention? Where is Trent, CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle at? They are all under contract for 2025. At least get your facts straight.

What exactly are they needing to rebuild then maybe the OL which i think we can all agree needs to be rebuilt.

Kyle rebuilt this team once, very successfully as well according to even his biggest detractors.

If you think you're facing a rebuild in the immediate future, doesn't it make sense to have the lead guy be someone who has proven he can successfully build a bottom tier roster into one capable of competing for the SB in less than 3 years?

This is what I was referencing when I jumped into your conversation with NY and gave my own answer to your question. I'd be judging his ability to acquire and develop talent over the transition/rebuilding years. I'm not going to fire a guy who has proven to be a major asset in solving problems we're about to face until it's shown he's not capable of solving them (again)… especially given the organizational structure around him.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Oct 9, 2024 at 1:21 PM ]

What is wrong with this person? What are you trying to prove? Saying a coach is a bad coach is the easiest statement in the nfl if your criteria is winning a Super Bowl. Every year you will be right 31 out of 32 times. Fishing with dynamite!

simple answer to the question is that every year is a last dance and every player and coach says that each year is different with different people.

Also your other question about 3 straight losing seasons I don't think anyone would want that and would be looking to replace the coach if it isn't due to severe injuries.

and if you are only talking about a rebuild that usually starts with a qb so are you saying we are getting rid of Purdy next year. Rebuild teams with success to help jog your memory: Texans (stroud), commanders (Daniel's), bucs (Brady), lions (Goff).

rebuild failures so far: jags (Lawrence), panthers (young), bears (fields), browns (Watson, pats (Mack).
[ Edited by gored49 on Oct 9, 2024 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Like I get it, I'm super emotionally invested in the team too, but I never let my frustration get in the way of logical thinking.

It's flat out irrational to place it all, or even the majority on Kyle. He hasn't lost the locker room, the guys on the field KNOW it's not on him at all. We have a team that has always raved about how well coached we are here compared to anywhere else. The culture, the work ethic, etc.

Kyle helped build that. When things go wrong, it's usually isolated individual issues. The problem really this year is that we've had way too many of those all at once in insane cascades where everything had to happen a certain way to cost us and it just happened to go that way.

Fluke tipped pass, injured kicker, drops, a missed block at precisely the wrong time, Campbell deflecting a would-be pick six.. Sometimes a part of that, or even on top of that, is just pure bad luck (injuries, officiating, etc), which is also stuff no one can control.

Kyle put this team into position to win at least 4/5 this year and while he may not have been absolutely perfect all year, I point to the players individually failing to get the job done when the calls were good and the plays were right there to be made.

Couldn't agree more
Share 49ersWebzone