There are 242 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I feel like both guys are tied together and if Brock gets paid it's more of a reason as to why Kyle isn't going anywhere.

there's a whole season of football left to go down that road with Brock. I do think he gets a Tua like deal end of the day.

To make my argument as basic as possible, I'm not sure it's best use of our money to pay a non elite QB 60+ million dollars when our coach has the ability to build a consistent contender with an average (at best) starting QB, like Jimmy G.

Land a guy like Mahomes, Allen, or maybe 2-3 others in the league… pay him no question.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
To make my argument as basic as possible, I'm not sure it's best use of our money to pay a non elite QB 60+ million dollars when our coach has the ability to build a consistent contender with an average (at best) starting QB, like Jimmy G.

Land a guy like Mahomes, Allen, or maybe 2-3 others in the league… pay him no question.

Oh I think it's absurd to invest that much cash at a QB unless they're super special.

but if you have a good young QB you gotta pay them nowadays….kyle does get the most out of his QBs. I also think Brock is a good QB. Too bad the market is what it is at that position.

wish there was a separate cap space dedicated to QB or something lol.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 9moon:
McDermott should be fired after last week's stupidy ... he made his money and built a pretty good team.. but if he's getting paid and not getting the job done, then he should go too.. that's just the name of the game!!

Maybe we can switch HC and see each other in the Super Bowl... LaFleur still gets a pass for the next 2 years.. he's just now FORMING his own team after Rodgers left.

But both McDemott and Shanny no doubt, can and should be fired..

Why does LaFleur get a pass…he's had a two time MVP quarterbacking his team and still couldn't get past Kyle. Same s**t last yr with another QB. No SB appreciates. Fired according to everyone here.

Outside of Andy, Kyle is the least likely candidate that should be fired across the league.

LaFleur will get a pass from Green Bay for now, that's why I said 2 more years.. if they don't get better than the Lions and the Bears surpass them, LaFleur will be fired as well.. Especially if Love continues to improve..

as for McDermott, he's as dull as your HC here in SF.. he doesn't know how to win games.. those players are on top of their game now and still does not know how to beat KC.. it may NOT happen during the season, but if they exit out early in the playoffs, McDermott may find himself coaching Jacksonville !!

Saying Kyle doesn't know how to win games is ridiculous. He's won enough to get them to the SB twice and the NFC title game 4 times . The fact that he lost the SB twice doesn't mean he doesn't know how to win. I guess that means Andy Reid is the only coach that knows how to win. Except in Philly he didn't know how to win and they ran him out of town. You think Mahomes has something to do with it. If Kyle had Mahomes and the KC defensive line led by Chris Jones my guess is he would have won both those games.

... and if he gets to the SB three more times and lose all, and 8 more NFCCG? ok ok, I guess you can say he can win games.. but how painful would that be for you?

I guess it wont be too bad introducing him to the 49er Ring of Honor known for going 9x in the NFCCG and losing all 5 Super Bowls.

It would be painful but finishing at the bottom of the division every year would be worse. 28 or 30 other teams would gladly trade places with the Niners.

no doubt... but we are the 49ers !! we shouldn't settle for 2nd place !! SHANNY can't do it.. LETS MOVE ON.. if the next coach can't do it, MOVE ON AGAIN.. that's still MAY give us the better chance on finishing 2nd place every time..
You'd think folks would understand that…dude had won a bunch of games with a stinker like Jimmy G and now finally get a good young QB in Brock, goes to the SB in his first yr as a starter and now we have some (the same people) calling for heads to roll in October after a couple last sec losses.

dramatic much?!

The absolute dumbest thing this franchise could do is fire Kyle at the end of this season and pay Brock 60+ million dollars per.

I'm not even convinced we should pay Brock like that with Kyle on board. To me, there's a very real argument to be had that we might be robbing ourselves of value and mismanaging the skills of our assets.

It would be disastrous if we couldn't come to terms with Brock.

Oh I think it's absurd to invest that much cash at a QB unless they're super special.

but if you have a good young QB you gotta pay them nowadays….kyle does get the most out of his QBs. I also think Brock is a good QB. Too bad the market is what it is at that position.

I've been suggesting that for 2 years. I don't see how the NFL can stay on this trajectory with players all demanding to be the highest paid or in the top 3 or 4 at their position. Since QB is the hardest position to fill and the NFL emphasizes passing it would be in everyone's best interest if they exempted QBs from the cap. The players should be fine with that since it would =mean more money available for the rest of the team. The owners shouldn't object since they're all billionaires now anyway.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

I'm not sure why you think that considering our immediate history.

I'm not sure why you think that considering our immediate history.

I suppose you have a point. But it took more than a couple s**tty QBs before we found Jimmy. Kyles had two "good" qb experiences here vs six? "Bad" qb experiences here.

id imagine my answer as to why I think it would be disastrous is is similar to some arguments in here as to why we shouldn't move on from Kyle…. Odds are the replacement won't be as good as what we got
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 9, 2024 at 3:38 PM ]

I've been suggesting that for 2 years. I don't see how the NFL can stay on this trajectory with players all demanding to be the highest paid or in the top 3 or 4 at their position. Since QB is the hardest position to fill and the NFL emphasizes passing it would be in everyone's best interest if they exempted QBs from the cap. The players should be fine with that since it would =mean more money available for the rest of the team. The owners shouldn't object since they're all billionaires now anyway.

The QB exemption would need a cap too. You can't have a QB making $100m a year. Insane. Just insane.
I suppose you have a point. But it took more than a couple s**tty QBs before we found Jimmy. Kyles had two "good" qb experiences here vs six? "Bad" qb experiences here.

id imagine my answer as to why I think it would be disastrous is is similar to some arguments in here as to why we shouldn't move on from Kyle…. Odds are the replacement won't be as good as what we got

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but I don't think it's the only thing to consider when you're paying a QB top of the market money. You're not just getting better QB play… you're sacrificing resources across the entire roster.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but I don't think it's the only thing to consider when you're paying a QB top of the market money. You're not just getting better QB play… you're sacrificing resources across the entire roster.

What are some good qb comps for Brock? I can't imagine we can sign him for any less than market setting… considering the recent trends.

he'd have to comp pretty low to take a contract less than at/over the market setting number

not that I'm disagreeing with you. I think the same way regarding all positions. It's not who's better, it's who's better value

What are some good qb comps for Brock? I can't imagine we can sign him for any less than market setting… considering the recent trends.

he'd have to comp pretty low to take a contract less than at/over the market setting number

not that I'm disagreeing with you. I think the same way regarding all positions. It's not who's better, it's who's better value

I wouldn't expect him to sign for less than market value.

I think recent comps would be Cousins, Dak, Tua, Love, Hurts.
One thing that for sure Kyle plays a big part in is the RZ deficiencies right now. I mean it can't just be one guy (CMC) that made this team #1 in the NFL in RZ conversation rate last yr to 29th in the NFL currently?

that s**t needs to get figured out asap
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 9, 2024 at 4:47 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
One thing that for sure Kyle plays a big part in is the RZ deficiencies right now. I mean it can't just be one guy (CMC) that made this team #1 in the NFL in RZ conversation rate last yr to 29th in the NFL currently?

that s**t needs to get figured out asap

OMG, you're such a Kyle hater.

Share 49ersWebzone