There are 306 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
One thing that for sure Kyle plays a big part in is the RZ deficiencies right now. I mean it can't just be one guy (CMC) that made this team #1 in the NFL in RZ conversation rate last yr to 29th in the NFL currently?

that s**t needs to get figured out asap

OMG, you're such a Kyle hater.

I'm capable of criticizing and also not thinking he's a complete s**t HC that needs to be fired.

also it's not like SF has always been horrible in the RZ. It will get fixed
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 10, 2024 at 3:55 AM ]
Love how you laugh things off when you run out of arguments and can't counter valid points.

I've given you a plethora of valid points…seems to go one ear and out the other, clearly you're not here to have a objective discussion….at this point it's just funny, so I laughed.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 10, 2024 at 3:42 AM ]
One thing that for sure Kyle plays a big part in is the RZ deficiencies right now. I mean it can't just be one guy (CMC) that made this team #1 in the NFL in RZ conversation rate last yr to 29th in the NFL currently?

I'm capable of criticizing and also not thinking he's a complete s**t HC that needs to be fired.

also it's not like SF gas always been horrible in the RZ. It will get fixed

It's interesting you agree he's worth criticizing yet scold so adamantly those who believe he should be fired. Seems like there would be a little more sympathy in your tone.

So we all agree, the coach is making mistakes. Now we must determine how many more mistakes before we can discuss the idea of removing him 👍🏻
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

It's interesting you agree he's worth criticizing yet scold so adamantly those who believe he should be fired. Seems like there would be a little more sympathy in your tone.

So we all agree, the coach is making mistakes. Now we must determine how many more mistakes before we can discuss the idea of removing him 👍🏻

It isn't a discussion till players start to turn on him.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Yeah I agree for sure
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Yeah I agree for sure

This is what I've been saying for a few years, but very often when we critique Shanahan we are scolded and lumped right in with the fire crowd, but Strwy is right, the real red flag is if players lose faith in him.

Also stepping back, when you have a regime and roster that has been so successful, yet has fallen short in very painful ways, that frustration and angst naturally builds up even if it's not entirely accurate to blame any one person etc. We are def seeing that dynamic imo.

I think there's a massive difference between healthy criticism and just flat out saying he blows and there's 100 coaches that could replace him and do just as well blah blah blah.

No one is above being criticized. I've never stated otherwise. The players didn't execute plays that were there to be had. Kyle can always call a better game. Every HC can.

The people running around whining about Kyle, clearly don't watch the film or put together some straw man argument to further a weak ass narrative.

acting like that's all bad play calling is factually not true. SF is bottom of the league in RZ success rate and Kyle needs to try and be better there, absolutely…. Reid whom everyone loves here, is actually worse. Winning covers it up (along with their defense), but that doesn't change how piss poor they've been at score in the RZ. So according to those fans, Reid has been bad at play calling in the RZ as well, right?

I think there's a massive difference between healthy criticism and just flat out saying he blows and there's 100 coaches that could replace him and do just as well blah blah blah.

No one is above being criticized. I've never stated otherwise. The players didn't execute plays that were there to be had. Kyle can always call a better game. Every HC can.

The people running around whining about Kyle, clearly don't watch the film or put together some straw man argument to further a weak ass narrative.

acting like that's all bad play calling is factually not true. SF is bottom of the league in RZ success rate and Kyle needs to try and be better there, absolutely…. Reid whom everyone loves here, is actually worse. Winning covers it up (along with their defense), but that doesn't change how piss poor they've been at score in the RZ. So according to those fans, Reid has been bad at play calling in the RZ as well, right?

Something I have heard, and it is an interesting thought, is this roster is underperforming. It is the coaches job to get the most out of his players etc. I say that has truth to it.

I feel he made previous QB's all look better than they actually are. I want to see him help make Purdy a beast, but some feel he regresses the better QB as well.

Now you know my argument is the best thing he could do for Purdy is protect him, but they don't do that. As far as the redzone, they are out of sync and I really hope they get it together without CMC because no scheme should be dependent on one non QB player like that to be successful.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
This is what I've been saying for a few years, but very often when we critique Shanahan we are scolded and lumped right in with the fire crowd, but Strwy is right, the real red flag is if players lose faith in him.

Also stepping back, when you have a regime and roster that has been so successful, yet has fallen short in very painful ways, that frustration and angst naturally builds up even if it's not entirely accurate to blame any one person etc. We are def seeing that dynamic imo.

And what I tell those folks is have some perspective. Look across the league and what's happening. Folks act like our HC is horrible or can't win the big one….when teams are firing/hiring coaches at will every yr. Most teams can't even get to the playoffs let alone to a SB.

My god look at Cinci with a damn good roster and an elite QB in Burrow. One SB loss and nothing else. The Bills 🤢 John Harbs has had a 2x MVP QB and hasn't gotten to the SB with him. LaFleur had a 2x MVP QB and nothing. Lions are a feel good story, but haven't won s**t. Eagles have one SB loss with a bloated roster and no real direction right now. Dallas has 3 playoffs wins in 10 yrs lol.

Kyle has gotten to a SB with basically a rookie 7th rd QB coming off a UCL injury and a QB they we can all agree is a backup level guy. He has his faults, being a straight up bad coach isn't one imo.
Something I have heard, and it is an interesting thought, is this roster is underperforming. It is the coaches job to get the most out of his players etc. I say that has truth to it.

I feel he made previous QB's all look better than they actually are. I want to see him help make Purdy a beast, but some feel he regresses the better QB as well.

Now you know my argument is the best thing he could do for Purdy is protect him, but they don't do that. As far as the redzone, they are out of sync and I really hope they get it together without CMC because no scheme should be dependent on one non QB player like that to be successful.

Watch the film I posted….Our RB coach is responsible for the RBs. Mason and Guerendo are reading their blocking incorrectly. There's a reason Mason never touched the field for as long as he did. Not saying he's bad, he's not. He needs to have better vision in the RZ. Guerendo is a rookie so I give him a bit of a pass. He hasn't been good though. They have no legit pass catcher out of the backfield.

We were cashing in on those plays all day with CMC in the RZ. That not coaching is it? That's the player watching the film and understanding his blocks. Players do matter.

Deebo isn't some rookie guy. He's a highly paid vet who's been there before. He's running lazy ass routes…at some point he's gotta be accountable for what he does out there. These guys aren't robots. This isn't madden. Bro's getting strapped up by a LBer in the RZ. WTF is that s**t?

I mean if we're gonna say the coach is responsible for players lack of execution (especially in the RZ) then that's gotta be true for Reid, who's actually worse down there, right? The wins cover it up, but they aren't scoring TDs down there.

Mahomes and Brock have the same number of TDs and they have one more team rushing TD than SF. Yet they're 5-0 lol.

Yeah the players are underperforming for sure. I'd blame more of that on the coach if they weren't all seasoned vets. I was concerned we were getting old all at the same time… that effects more than Justin physical ability… the mental aspect appears to be affecting us as well. Hard to play smash mouth football all the time when youre 30+
Share 49ersWebzone