There are 256 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Something I have heard, and it is an interesting thought, is this roster is underperforming. It is the coaches job to get the most out of his players etc. I say that has truth to it.

I feel he made previous QB's all look better than they actually are. I want to see him help make Purdy a beast, but some feel he regresses the better QB as well.

Now you know my argument is the best thing he could do for Purdy is protect him, but they don't do that. As far as the redzone, they are out of sync and I really hope they get it together without CMC because no scheme should be dependent on one non QB player like that to be successful.

Watch the film I posted….Our RB coach is responsible for the RBs. Mason and Guerendo are reading their blocking incorrectly. There's a reason Mason never touched the field for as long as he did. Not saying he's bad, he's not. He needs to have better vision in the RZ. Guerendo is a rookie so I give him a bit of a pass. He hasn't been good though. They have no legit pass catcher out of the backfield.

We were cashing in on those plays all day with CMC in the RZ. That not coaching is it? That's the player watching the film and understanding his blocks. Players do matter.

Deebo isn't some rookie guy. He's a highly paid vet who's been there before. He's running lazy ass routes…at some point he's gotta be accountable for what he does out there. These guys aren't robots. This isn't madden. Bro's getting strapped up by a LBer in the RZ. WTF is that s**t?

I mean if we're gonna say the coach is responsible for players lack of execution (especially in the RZ) then that's gotta be true for Reid, who's actually worse down there, right? The wins cover it up, but they aren't scoring TDs down there.

Mahomes and Brock have the same number of TDs and they have one more team rushing TD than SF. Yet they're 5-0 lol.

I am in the middle on this. I don't care what other teams are doing, but more importantly I was thinking we are not playing up to our own previous standards. It's many factors, but ultimately it is Kyle's job to get the most out of them.

Again I'm not saying he is horrible, but he is certainly for from perfect as well. I personally don't think the players practice enough in the offseason anymore and you can tell over the last 15 years how the quality of play across the league is not as good.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Love how you laugh things off when you run out of arguments and can't counter valid points.

I've given you a plethora of valid points…seems to go one ear and out the other, clearly you're not here to have a objective discussion….at this point it's just funny, so I laughed.

No, You need to provide more valid points like just a few of these recent classics…

Shannafans would probably say otherwise.

Shanahan is basically AliExpress Shanahan.

Thank god Kyle is not the head coach.

im all for bringing Saleh in, but I wouldn't expect much improvement with the poor talent we have on defense.

Wanna bet?

Even a broken clock (ShanaLynch) is right twice a day (can draft a good O-lineman).

Bingo. But our fan base still call it "the best roster in the league"

I hate those f**king Swifties and I hate Shanahan for helping them become a dinasty.

Nothing new: homers overrating our players.

This, the same people that call this team the best roster in the league.

Yiadom, like most of our secondary, is a steaming pile of horses**t

Nothing, he knows Shannafans and dumbass Jed will never hold him accountable

That's right, Hoov. Clear, straightforward and concise arguments.

Love how you laugh things off when you run out of arguments and can't counter valid points.

I've given you a plethora of valid points…seems to go one ear and out the other, clearly you're not here to have a objective discussion….at this point it's just funny, so I laughed.

No, You need to provide more valid points like just a few of these recent classics…

im all for bringing Saleh in, but I wouldn't expect much improvement with the poor talent we have on defense.

Wanna bet?

Even a broken clock (ShanaLynch) is right twice a day (can draft a good O-lineman).

I hate those f**king Swifties and I hate Shanahan for helping them become a dinasty.

We have such a dumb fan base

Wanna bet?

Typical response from the FKC. Forever Kyle Club. He is and always will be the only option for them. They can't even discuss what it would take for them to support a change. The thought is so foreign to them. They are true disciples.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

Wanna bet?

Typical response from the FKC. Forever Kyle Club. He is and always will be the only option for them. They can't even discuss what it would take for them to support a change. The thought is so foreign to them. They are true disciples.

We already have one idiot who does the nicknames, don't need another
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Wanna bet?

We already have one idiot who does the nicknames, don't need another

This reminds me of the days of "fire harbaugh. Any coach could lead this roster to a Super Bowl victory with what baalke built. Keep baalke and get rid of that harbaugh fraud. Stupid harbaugh fans." Same energy. Maybe harbaugh wasn't the best fit but we saw what happened after.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Wanna bet?

We have such a dumb fan base

I get this season hasn't been great or fun and there are legitimate gripes and no one thinks this franchise is infallible, despite what others like to say, but good god lol. But the lame part is stuff like the posts from above have been going on well before this season while they are competing for championships each season.

Wanna bet?

That's some some real nuanced deep dive s**t into this team

show him a 50min breakdown of the RZ issues from Jonny D and his response is Kyle sucks lol. Bet money he didn't watch a single min of that.

Folks did discuss it, you just didn't like the answer….typical deflection from you 🤣

Wanna bet?

I know, it's hard to follow such astute and mature analysis like that. All the criteria was there for a constructive discussion

"What would it take for you to move on from kyle?"

"oh I'm not sure, we'd have to look and see why the team was not playing well, whether it was because of injuries or loss of talent…if it was a coaching issue then maybe go in another direction…wait and see approach"

"WUT ANswer tHE QuestioN!" "FKC!"
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
McDermott should be fired after last week's stupidy ... he made his money and built a pretty good team.. but if he's getting paid and not getting the job done, then he should go too.. that's just the name of the game!!

Maybe we can switch HC and see each other in the Super Bowl... LaFleur still gets a pass for the next 2 years.. he's just now FORMING his own team after Rodgers left.

But both McDemott and Shanny no doubt, can and should be fired..

Why does LaFleur get a pass…he's had a two time MVP quarterbacking his team and still couldn't get past Kyle. Same s**t last yr with another QB. No SB appreciates. Fired according to everyone here.

Outside of Andy, Kyle is the least likely candidate that should be fired across the league.

LaFleur will get a pass from Green Bay for now, that's why I said 2 more years.. if they don't get better than the Lions and the Bears surpass them, LaFleur will be fired as well.. Especially if Love continues to improve..

as for McDermott, he's as dull as your HC here in SF.. he doesn't know how to win games.. those players are on top of their game now and still does not know how to beat KC.. it may NOT happen during the season, but if they exit out early in the playoffs, McDermott may find himself coaching Jacksonville !!

Saying Kyle doesn't know how to win games is ridiculous. He's won enough to get them to the SB twice and the NFC title game 4 times . The fact that he lost the SB twice doesn't mean he doesn't know how to win. I guess that means Andy Reid is the only coach that knows how to win. Except in Philly he didn't know how to win and they ran him out of town. You think Mahomes has something to do with it. If Kyle had Mahomes and the KC defensive line led by Chris Jones my guess is he would have won both those games.

... and if he gets to the SB three more times and lose all, and 8 more NFCCG? ok ok, I guess you can say he can win games.. but how painful would that be for you?

I guess it wont be too bad introducing him to the 49er Ring of Honor known for going 9x in the NFCCG and losing all 5 Super Bowls.

It would be painful but finishing at the bottom of the division every year would be worse. 28 or 30 other teams would gladly trade places with the Niners.

no doubt... but we are the 49ers !! we shouldn't settle for 2nd place !! SHANNY can't do it.. LETS MOVE ON.. if the next coach can't do it, MOVE ON AGAIN.. that's still MAY give us the better chance on finishing 2nd place every time..

So be like the Browns then? A revolving door @ the HC position is how you feel we will win the SB?
I don't agree.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
So be like the Browns then? A revolving door @ the HC position is how you feel we will win the SB?
I don't agree.

Teams don't fire HC's that have been to two NFCCs and two SBs in the past 5 years.

our fans base is dramatic as s**t
"What would it take for you to move on from kyle?"

"oh I'm not sure, we'd have to look and see why the team was not playing well, whether it was because of injuries or loss of talent…if it was a coaching issue then maybe go in another direction…wait and see approach"

"WUT ANswer tHE QuestioN!" "FKC!"

FKC is a good motto for next week

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 10, 2024 at 10:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone