There are 274 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That's correct. Acho and the 1st video are correct.

Yup you didn't watch the film. That's clear.

I can't take the stupidity in here. You think you guys would be open to learning something, at least giving it a try… Nah that's to difficult. Much easier to go with the moron take about trying to please his dad or some dumb s**t.

you don't see sloppy football from players that should know better? Why are they that sloppy? I just don't get it, you think anyone that criticizes or holds the hc accountable is stupid. After watching the film you honestly think this team is well coached? We all know your position. Never Kyle's fault and the 49ers must always be coached by Kyle. We get it.. the thing is more and more people are starting to see things differently. The genius label is quickly fading. I know that reality is hard for you to accept.
I watched it and it's not inconsistent with what I said. If you block the wrong guys or run to the wrong hole that's bad coaching and inconsistent preparation. That points directly to Shanahan.

Dude if I told you don't take a right at the next light and you did….hows that my fault? I "coached" you on what to do and YOU did it wrong anyway.

we have two of the best position coaches in the NFL at OL and RB. They're been doing it at the highest level for a combined 61 years. Acting like they can't coach or aren't telling them what to do, to push a narrative is f**king b******t.

pretending this team hasn't been good for years…and haven't been well coached is crap and you know it.

acting like players can't be accountable for what they do on the field is the most chicken s**t take to crap on the HC.

AND you're hot take video talks about Kyle trying to impress his dad and not running the ball….you CLEARLY didn't watch the video or you'd know why they weren't running it as much
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
you don't see sloppy football from players that should know better? Why are they that sloppy? I just don't get it, you think anyone that criticizes or holds the hc accountable is stupid. After watching the film you honestly think this team is well coached? We all know your position. Never Kyle's fault and the 49ers must always be coached by Kyle. We get it.. the thing is more and more people are starting to see things differently. The genius label is quickly fading. I know that reality is hard for you to accept.

Why is KC's offense sloppy as s**t right now? They've scored the same amount of TDs as SF. Mahomes has the same amount of TDs and Brock. Same amount of rushing TDs. They're actually WORSE in the RZ.

Yes they're 5-0, but their offense is not good either….why are they so "sloppy" has to be bad coaching according to you, right? Or does that only apply to Kyle?

If SF wins today you're gonna be so upset. I know you won't dare say it was because of Kyle. Sure as s**t will say it's because of him if they lose
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 10, 2024 at 1:16 PM ]
I watched it and it's not inconsistent with what I said. If you block the wrong guys or run to the wrong hole that's bad coaching and inconsistent preparation. That points directly to Shanahan.

Dude if I told you don't take a right at the next light and you did….hows that my fault? I "coached" you on what to do and YOU did it wrong anyway.

we have two of the best position coaches in the NFL at OL and RB. They're been doing it at the highest level for a combined 61 years. Acting like they can't coach or aren't telling them what to do, to push a narrative is f**king b******t.

pretending this team hasn't been good for years…and haven't been well coached is crap and you know it.

acting like players can't be accountable for what they do on the field is the most chicken s**t take to crap on the HC.

AND you're hot take video talks about Kyle trying to impress his dad and not running the ball….you CLEARLY didn't watch the video or you'd know why they weren't running it as much

Coaching and scheming are different things. I can tell dudes to shoot their target, if I haven't trained them to shoot properly, that's on me, the trainer.

if his only job is to scheme players open, that's evidence that his appropriate ceiling is offensive coordinator. I'm not saying that's the case, but we certainly differ in opinions on the scope of a HCs scope of responsibilities.

the HC is directly responsible for everything that happens on the field, in all three phases
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 10, 2024 at 1:57 PM ]

Why is KC's offense sloppy as s**t right now? They've scored the same amount of TDs as SF. Mahomes has the same amount of TDs and Brock. Same amount of rushing TDs. They're actually WORSE in the RZ.

Yes they're 5-0, but their offense is not good either….why are they so "sloppy" has to be bad coaching according to you, right? Or does that only apply to Kyle?

If SF wins today you're gonna be so upset. I know you won't dare say it was because of Kyle. Sure as s**t will say it's because of him if they lose

The biggest difference between KC and SF right now is a) the niners have more talent and b) the chiefs are better coached.

Andy coaches to win games. Kyle coaches to run an effective offense.

to be fair, Andy has a marginally better maintained coaching staff… but he's had coaches poached at a decent clip as well. He older and more experienced… Kyle could just be a younger Andy that isn't in final form yet 🤷‍♂️
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Coaching and scheming are different things. I can tell dudes to shoot their target, if I haven't trained them to shoot properly, that's on me, the trainer.

if his only job is to scheme players open, that's evidence that his appropriate ceiling is offensive coordinator. I'm not saying that's the case, but we certainly differ in opinions on the scope of a HCs scope of responsibilities.

the HC is directly responsible for everything that happens on the field, in all three phases

Kinda disagree with the first part. You can coach someone to shoot or doing whatever in life. I've coached people in my job, I can give them all the tools/proper procedures etc… it's up to them to apply it properly at some pt. If they can't then we find someone else. I don't get fired, especially if my track record overall is good as a coach.

At some point if you can't do it properly, it's on them. Coaching is only part of it. These players are making a lot of money, they've been playing football for years. Deebo isn't a scrub. Go run your route properly.

Also we're acting like the HC is sitting there and coaching all 53 players. Dude had a dozen position coaches and assistants. There's responsibility there on them as well. It's not like our OL/RB coaches are bad at their job. There's a long ass resume to back that up.

look if Kyle put out a s**tty product year after year then imo folks have a right to be upset…that's the complete opposite of what's happened over the past 5 yrs. My god since Brock got here there hasn't been a HC/QB that's scored more points per game over their first 25 games than them (since the merger). Relax people

The biggest difference between KC and SF right now is a) the niners have more talent and b) the chiefs are better coached.

to be fair, Andy has a marginally better maintained coaching staff… but he's had coaches poached at a decent clip as well. He older and more experienced… Kyle could just be a younger Andy that isn't in final form yet 🤷‍♂️

Karv ShannaLevy

Andy isn't coaching Mahomes to scramble around and find Kelce after 5 secs. Thats not coaching that's players playing. He just so happens to have the best player in NFL history in his prime right now.

Folks have been talking about how RZ play is heavily influenced by play calling….right now Reid is worse than Kyle. Their defense is what is winning them games, teams avg 17 pts per game vs them right now.

Kyle is responsible and he's failing.
Kyle is responsible and he's failing.

so Kyle is responsible for every single win they have. Good to know.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 10, 2024 at 2:45 PM ]

This is where there's a discussion to be had about comparing talent.

I would agree we probably have more good players from top to bottom. We did last year definitely.

But you can have less good players and have a wide discrepancy in positions of value. How many of our better players would it take to equal Patrick Mahomes value? I doubt there's any package of players we could offer in a trade where they wouldn't hang up laughing.

If you put a toddler behind the wheel and coached them to turn right and they didn't, it's your fault because a toddler can't be expected to execute.
Getting mad at Guerendo for "not executing" is ridiculous. Guy barely even played in college and is a rook trying to learn the Shanny offense. He shouldn't even be active on game days, much less being relied on in the red zone. This is an example of setting your players up to fail.
Originally posted by mcwoot:
If you put a toddler behind the wheel and coached them to turn right and they didn't, it's your fault because a toddler can't be expected to execute.
Getting mad at Guerendo for "not executing" is ridiculous. Guy barely even played in college and is a rook trying to learn the Shanny offense. He shouldn't even be active on game days, much less being relied on in the red zone. This is an example of setting your players up to fail.

It's also an obvious example of you play who's available. He wouldn't be playing if CMC was healthy. He's probably a better option, at least in the staff's eyes, than whoever is behind him.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Why do you guys always cherry pick the stats that support him.

If we want to be honest shanny and McDermott are the longest tenured head coaches without a Superbowl win.

I am pretty sure the consensus has been that we have had the best roster in football for the last 4 years at least.

Yet we have no sb wins to show for it.

Would you consider it underperforming if you have the most resources but don't have the most output to show for it?

I mean if we cannot agree on that then there's no point in arguing further.

I mean average should be what 2 SB wins out of 4 years of the best roster? If we're talking averages?

How is stating that they've been two 2 SBs and 2 NFCCs in the past 5 yrs…cherry picking lol? It's literally what has happened.

you want to talk about averages…

I'd say the Baltimore Ravens have had a top end roster with a 2x MVP for that SAME time period and haven't even made it to ONE SB. Why isn't Harbs on the hot seat? Because he won a SB over a decade ago? Give me a break.

Matt LaFleur with a 2x MVP in the same time span didn't even get to one SB to even have CHANCE to lose it. Why isn't he gone?

The Steelers have been a 9-8 team during that same time span. Why isn't Tomlin gone? According to all of you the HC is the reason a team wins or loses. Those guys haven't won s**t in forever.

ya'll lack so much perspective. You call truths cherry picking because it's not what you want to hear. Such much whining.

I agree with you on the harbaugh should probably be in the hot sea. For the same reason he brother was. Don't hitch your wagon to a gimmick QB.

Tomlin gets a pass because he had what? one losing record season in every year he's coached. There was talk before on his extension if they would or not.

They both can hang their hats on winning a SB before though.

I just don't understand the logic of waiting for the wheels to absolutely fall off before entertaining the idea of trading Kyle.

I mean you have a solid core and can trade Kyle for multiple firsts and second round picks. The roster would be absolutely loaded if you only drafted half okay.

Yes we could get worse but we could also be stacked with a new coach and possibly win a SB.

I just don't see how you can have any faith Kyle won't coaching choke a game away in the playoffs with some stupid miscall challenge or time management issue. It happens every year.

How many years do you give him before you decide to shake it up?

It's not like the offense or defense is running a different scheme this year. Expecting different results with changing nothing is insanity.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by mcwoot:

It's also an obvious example of you play who's available. He wouldn't be playing if CMC was healthy. He's probably a better option, at least in the staff's eyes, than whoever is behind him.

If PT is that bad then he needs to be replaced. Either way if Mason is unable to play you've got Deebo, Juice, and Shanny has shown that he's plenty happy to go empty backfield. There's no reason to be giving the ball to someone who shouldn't even be active. McKinnon might be toast at this point but he's on the street and at least knows the playbook.
[ Edited by mcwoot on Oct 10, 2024 at 3:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone