There are 168 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Good win last night and good to see they finally score a couple redzone TDs although they did leave some points on the board. Also its really promising the rookies showed up and contributed.

Only play call i didn't like was the 2nd screen to Juice. The first screen to Juice probably would have been a TD or a long gain if Banks was able to get their to block. I didnt see the all 22 film but from the TV angle there was NO ONE near him other than the 1 guy who made the tackle.
Special teams, specifically the coverages on kicks and punts, is what is holding this team back. We would have blown the Seahawks out last night if it wasn't for the kick return td. That completely shifted the momentum. And there was almost another special teams td if Matthew Wright didn't play the role of sacrificial lamb. Sorry but the special teams coordinator needs to be canned.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Special teams, specifically the coverages on kicks and punts, is what is holding this team back. We would have blown the Seahawks out last night if it wasn't for the kick return td. That completely shifted the momentum. And there was almost another special teams td if Matthew Wright didn't play the role of sacrificial lamb. Sorry but the special teams coordinator needs to be canned.

Maybe they need to get some different people on special teams.
Originally posted by DrEll:
The team has so much potential. Too bad Kyle wastes it away. What was it, late 3rd / early 4th, when he lost his mind and went into all pass mode like he did on the SB 3rd quarter.

so easy to rattle him. If Geno didn't exist, Seattle could've completed the comeback and Kyle would have had no answers.

But let's keep defending him.

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by DrEll:
The team has so much potential. Too bad Kyle wastes it away. What was it, late 3rd / early 4th, when he lost his mind and went into all pass mode like he did on the SB 3rd quarter.

so easy to rattle him. If Geno didn't exist, Seattle could've completed the comeback and Kyle would have had no answers.

But let's keep defending him.

Some people will complain if you hand them a million dollars and the denominations aren't what he would prefer.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Is it my imagination or does Cowen slip a lot. Ir seems like every game I see him lose his footing on a return.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hey just wondering when Shanahan is gonna play the rookies, asking for a friend.
Is it my imagination or does Cowen slip a lot. Ir seems like every game I see him lose his footing on a return.

this exactly. ppl saying oh he needs to get O snaps. and he's on punt return duty like it's a slip and slide back there. when he's not fumbling. he needs to figure out how to stay upright first.

They could legitimately kick it out of the end zone every time. That's not a hard task to accomplish. That they are choosing not to suggests they think theyve corrected their coverage errors and will have an advantage if they kick them into a return.

its one of the more dumbfounding situations ive witnessed lately. If Kyle really hangs his hat on special teams just being good enough to not screw it up, I'd imagine the easy solution would be to tell Schneider he's fired if the ball ever lands in the field of play again.

and that's not even far fetched. That's exactly what I would have done…. On the 2nd week of the 2023 season
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

They could legitimately kick it out of the end zone every time. That's not a hard task to accomplish. That they are choosing not to suggests they think theyve corrected their coverage errors and will have an advantage if they kick them into a return.

its one of the more dumbfounding situations ive witnessed lately. If Kyle really hangs his hat on special teams just being good enough to not screw it up, I'd imagine the easy solution would be to tell Schneider he's fired if the ball ever lands in the field of play again.

and that's not even far fetched. That's exactly what I would have done…. On the 2nd week of the 2023 season

How do you know they're choosing not to kick it into the end zone? Just because a kicker has strong enough leg doesn't mean he can do it every time. Sometimes they just don't hit it right.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by redrathman:
The product is trash and you spent all night fighting about it on the internet. I had to bring it back around to the origin of the post, which was insuring your command of the language you type.

I plan on wasting your time on every game day moving forward.

Have a good one!

Lol, come on man. Sheesh.

Wonder how his hangover is today

Seems to me a lot of the 49ers were slipping on that section of the field last night. Might have been the turf.
Did he defend STs with a straight face?
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Did he defend STs with a straight face?

I had the same thought. It has been so bad that if he fired the guy today it wouldn't be a surprise.
Originally posted by 49ers81:

Seems to me a lot of the 49ers were slipping on that section of the field last night. Might have been the turf.

I did too but I'm talking bout Cowing. He seems to slip at least once every game. Is he wearing the wrong cleats?
Share 49ersWebzone