LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 208 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
yeah but you are only remembering the very few last plays... our OL got us the lead and helped hold it pretty much the entire game both times. they weren't being dominated from the start like you are implying or we would have been blown out.

Big reason why Jones can be so disruptive is KC has the talent on the back end to cover. They also creatively blitz to keep him from being doubled. Be nice if the 9ers could do either of those things at a high level.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 12, 2024 at 12:31 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
yeah but you are only remembering the very few last plays... our OL got us the lead and helped hold it pretty much the entire game both times. they weren't being dominated from the start like you are implying or we would have been blown out.

Big reason why Jones can be so disruptive is KC has the talent on the back end to cover. They also creatively blitz to keep him from being doubled. Be nice if the 9ers could do either of those things at a high level.

I've mentioned this before but without Greenlaw it makes it hard to blitz. Warner has to do so much with Dre out. Hufanga is also a guy that cn blitz and he's been virtually non existent this season. If both those guys were healthy maybe they would blitz more.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I've mentioned this before but without Greenlaw it makes it hard to blitz. Warner has to do so much with Dre out. Hufanga is also a guy that cn blitz and he's been virtually non existent this season. If both those guys were healthy maybe they would blitz more.

Wasn't just talking about right now. The lack of creativity last and this year combined with ignoring the needs of the back 7 over the years have left the defense particularly vulnerable.

Wasn't just talking about right now. The lack of creativity last and this year combined with ignoring the needs of the back 7 over the years have left the defense particularly vulnerable.

Now we're ignoring the back 7? I thought it was the O line that Kyle has ignored. In the last 4 drafts they've picked 4 DBs, 3 OLs, and 1 LB in the first 4 rounds. Some of those were in the first 2 rounds. They also signed some free agents at those spots. I don't call that ignoring. Maybe they haven't all been great but that's a different issue. You have no guarantees when you draft or sign FAs.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Expect more? you rather draft all OL ? Is every drafted OL a lock or something?

we invested a lot in OL in so many ways. The OL has been getting better and better every year with keeping a lot of our all pro skill players at the same time. It's not easy an easy thing to do

Good one.

(You know you can support Shanahan without resorting to blatant lies)
Care to debunk it

Now we're ignoring the back 7? I thought it was the O line that Kyle has ignored. In the last 4 drafts they've picked 4 DBs, 3 OLs, and 1 LB in the first 4 rounds. Some of those were in the first 2 rounds. They also signed some free agents at those spots. I don't call that ignoring. Maybe they haven't all been great but that's a different issue. You have no guarantees when you draft or sign FAs.

1 DB drafted in rounds 1 or 2 and it was drafted with the 64th pick this year. 1 LB drafted before round 5 in 8 seasons.

So no only one of those was in first 2 rounds.

Not suggesting you have any guarantees in either. But I'm a big believer on using your high round picks on defense whenever possible.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 12, 2024 at 2:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone