49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Expect more? you rather draft all OL ? Is every drafted OL a lock or something?

we invested a lot in OL in so many ways. The OL has been getting better and better every year with keeping a lot of our all pro skill players at the same time. It's not easy an easy thing to do

Good one.

(You know you can support Shanahan without resorting to blatant lies)
Care to debunk it

He's full of s**t.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Expect more? you rather draft all OL ? Is every drafted OL a lock or something?

we invested a lot in OL in so many ways. The OL has been getting better and better every year with keeping a lot of our all pro skill players at the same time. It's not easy an easy thing to do

Good one.

(You know you can support Shanahan without resorting to blatant lies)
Care to debunk it

He's full of s**t.
Other than RB being a glaring need because of the recent McCaf issue. RT can be our first pick next year.. but like with all picks, nothing is a for sure thing
Other than RB being a glaring need because of the recent McCaf issue. RT can be our first pick next year.. but like with all picks, nothing is a for sure thing

It could, but i believe they should look for a center or guard over OT or a pass rusher.
I mean objectively our OL isn't good. That shouldn't be some wild debate.

Kyle and Chris do get the most out of their OL talent, just imagine if they actually had quality talent across the board?

my whole beef with the OL and how they approach it…. there should be some legit competition and development going on. Outside of McG the highest we've drafted someone at OT is in the 5th rd and the last guy was Moore back in 2021. That's unacceptable imo. No one should think that Colton should get zero competition this off season.

Center is also extremely important to this offense. I don't think they've even drafted a legit center since coming here.

folks (NC) got so upset about not figuring out OG, but that's a position that can found throughout the draft. It's simply not as important as OT/C.

Hopefully they start attacking the trenches this off season
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 14, 2024 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
It could, but i believe they should look for a center or guard over OT or a pass rusher.

OT > any other position on the OL if we're talking about using an early pick.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kyle and Chris do get the most out of their OL talent, just imagine if they actually had quality talent across the board?

my whole beef with the OL and how they approach it is there should be some legit competition and development going on. Outside of McG the highest we've drafted someone at OT is in the 5th rd and the last guy was Moore back in 2021. That's unacceptable imo. No one should think that Colton should get zero competition this off season.

Center is also extremely important to this offense. I don't think they've even drafted a legit center since coming here.

folks (NC) got so upset about not figuring out OG, but that's a position that can found throughout the draft. It's simply not as important as OT/C.

Exactly. Do not hold your breath. This last draft was ridiculous for centers and tackles. Thank god we found Puni.
As to NY's post above ^^^, why on earth have a top flite QB and then not protect him? If the guy is a dog, fine . If he is something special, as we have with Brock, protect him for heaven's sake. Simply put, draft OLs early (or earlier) in draft. If the guy is sensational, even if he happens to be an OG, draft him. OC/OT preferred, but don't just say no on OGs. POQB…protect our Qb… Please.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Exactly. Do not hold your breath. This last draft was ridiculous for centers and tackles. Thank god we found Puni.

It was top heavy for sure. At some point they will be forced to make moves at OT/C
I'm glad the head coach is making sure we keep the right guys in the secondary

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2024/10/14/24269947/samuel-womack-iii-continues-to-shine-in-colts-secondary

https://atozsports.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts-news/colts-found-diamond-in-the-rough-cb-samuel-womack-iii/
[ Edited by ComeOnDeberg on Oct 14, 2024 at 1:29 PM ]

my whole beef with the OL and how they approach it…. there should be some legit competition and development going on. Outside of McG the highest we've drafted someone at OT is in the 5th rd and the last guy was Moore back in 2021. That's unacceptable imo. No one should think that Colton should get zero competition this off season.

Need to finally address secondary. They have at least used high picks on the OL at some point.

Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2024/10/14/24269947/samuel-womack-iii-continues-to-shine-in-colts-secondary

https://atozsports.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts-news/colts-found-diamond-in-the-rough-cb-samuel-womack-iii/

"At worst, Womack III is a viable starting cornerback in the NFL, which is a massive, almost necessary development for Indy's cornerback room that had been a collective question mark heading into the season."

For some reason, he never looked that good here. Missed assignments and poor positioning.
People couldn't wait for Womack to be gone when he was on the 49ers. Sometimes guys need a new place to turn things around.

What do you deem early? Top 10 sure. But late 20's or 30's no.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

"At worst, Womack III is a viable starting cornerback in the NFL, which is a massive, almost necessary development for Indy's cornerback room that had been a collective question mark heading into the season."

For some reason, he never looked that good here. Missed assignments and poor positioning.

What do we do differently? I don't get it. Looking at someone like DJ Reed, he is in the same scheme but different team and balling out.

That points to coaching. Who's the poor coach then, Bullocks? Our corners have been out of position a lot more this year.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 14, 2024 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

What do you deem early? Top 10 sure. But late 20's or 30's no.

Doesn't matter we are drafting a Dlinemen in the first
Share 49ersWebzone