49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Any given Sunday anyone could "die"

From choking?
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

From choking?

Man you must have had a real bad week dealing with the win and all…sorry about your bad luck. Hopefully for you they lose this week and you can be happy again.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean objectively our OL isn't good. That shouldn't be some wild debate.

Kyle and Chris do get the most out of their OL talent, just imagine if they actually had quality talent across the board?

my whole beef with the OL and how they approach it…. there should be some legit competition and development going on. Outside of McG the highest we've drafted someone at OT is in the 5th rd and the last guy was Moore back in 2021. That's unacceptable imo. No one should think that Colton should get zero competition this off season.

Center is also extremely important to this offense. I don't think they've even drafted a legit center since coming here.

folks (NC) got so upset about not figuring out OG, but that's a position that can found throughout the draft. It's simply not as important as OT/C.

Hopefully they start attacking the trenches this off season

We'll see how the rest of the year plays out but that Ricky Pearsall pick is getting worse by the week. I agree the team needs reinforcements along the offensive line. Puni has been a revelation but teams are still abusing Brendel and, to a lesser extent, McCivitz. What's interesting is that 49ers fans have experience both extremes. Under Harbaugh they invested heavily in offensive line and wanted to bully teams. They had a great line but no playmakers. We have the opposite. I'm really encouraged by Puni's play and if we're looking at the Chiefs game his matchup against Chris Jones is one to watch.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Kyle and Chris do get the most out of their OL talent, just imagine if they actually had quality talent across the board?

my whole beef with the OL and how they approach it…. there should be some legit competition and development going on. Outside of McG the highest we've drafted someone at OT is in the 5th rd and the last guy was Moore back in 2021. That's unacceptable imo. No one should think that Colton should get zero competition this off season.

Center is also extremely important to this offense. I don't think they've even drafted a legit center since coming here.

folks (NC) got so upset about not figuring out OG, but that's a position that can found throughout the draft. It's simply not as important as OT/C.

We'll see how the rest of the year plays out but that Ricky Pearsall pick is getting worse by the week. I agree the team needs reinforcements along the offensive line. Puni has been a revelation but teams are still abusing Brendel and, to a lesser extent, McCivitz. What's interesting is that 49ers fans have experience both extremes. Under Harbaugh they invested heavily in offensive line and wanted to bully teams. They had a great line but no playmakers. We have the opposite. I'm really encouraged by Puni's play and if we're looking at the Chiefs game his matchup against Chris Jones is one to watch.

We only pay for guys that score TD's.

Unless they hold out and are serious about it.

From choking?

Man you must have had a real bad week dealing with the win and all…sorry about your bad luck. Hopefully for you they lose this week and you can be happy again.

I am actually having a great week and will have a great Sunday regardless of the outcome. My perspective on the hc differs from yours and that's ok. It's not personal and I certainly don't disparage those that think he is flawless and the only coach worthy of the job regardless of his performance. It's all good. A lot of fans love the coach. But, more and more fans are starting to express concerns. They bring up valid concerns like his poor record in close games, blown leads, stale offense, shoddy special teams, etc etc and a certain group of fans go into attack mode and bring out the typical talking points. It's all very predictable.

From choking?

I am actually having a great week and will have a great Sunday regardless of the outcome. My perspective on the hc differs from yours and that's ok. It's not personal and I certainly don't disparage those that think he is flawless and the only coach worthy of the job regardless of his performance. It's all good. A lot of fans love the coach. But, more and more fans are starting to express concerns. They bring up valid concerns like his poor record in close games, blown leads, stale offense, shoddy special teams, etc etc and a certain group of fans go into attack mode and bring out the typical talking points. It's all very predictable.
No one here thinks he flawless and what's the regardless of performance even mean lol

the concerns you bring up is emotional game day whining. 30 other teams would die to have our coach
8 years rebuilt so far. We are heading backwards. Will he ever beat Coach Andy Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Chris Jones? Or will it be never? Show me. Don't tell me. I need to see something. Even 1 regular season win will be progress in that category.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
8 years rebuilt so far. We are heading backwards. Will he ever beat Coach Andy Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Chris Jones? Or will it be never? Show me. Don't tell me. I need to see something. Even 1 regular season win will be progress in that category.

Kyle doesn't care what the low iq fans want to see.
We haven't beat the Refs/Goodell… it has been pretty evident the last few years and more blatantly with the punt gate the last game

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Shana_FANS still riding his jock. He can never beat the best or be the top dog. Just fancy shifts and motions. No Super Bowl trophies.

Shana_FANS still riding his jock. He can never beat the best or be the top dog. Just fancy shifts and motions. No Super Bowl trophies.

Just take the 49er out your name, embarrassing
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Just take the 49er out your name, embarrassing

I fully support the 49ers. But not Shanahan. Who I think you can't really win with. He's fancy smoke and mirrors. But doesn't have it where it really counts.
I fully support the 49ers. But not Shanahan. Who I think you can't really win with. He's fancy smoke and mirrors. But doesn't have it where it really counts.

Peyton Manning argument circa 2006. Lebron James argument circa 2010. Andy Reid argument pre 2019.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Teams can't fix all their problems through the draft. If they concentrate on the O line then they will need play makers. If they concentrate on play makers then the O line suffers. With 32 teams you just don't have the opportunities that teams had when there were fewer teams in the league and more rounds in the draft. As sone as you strengthen one area of the team another area needs attention. Players leave for better salaries or they retire. Teams are always in need of something.
Share 49ersWebzone