49ers rookie Ricky Pearsall will make NFL debut vs. Chiefs →

There are 232 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean objectively our OL isn't good. That shouldn't be some wild debate.

Kyle and Chris do get the most out of their OL talent, just imagine if they actually had quality talent across the board?

my whole beef with the OL and how they approach it…. there should be some legit competition and development going on. Outside of McG the highest we've drafted someone at OT is in the 5th rd and the last guy was Moore back in 2021. That's unacceptable imo. No one should think that Colton should get zero competition this off season.

Center is also extremely important to this offense. I don't think they've even drafted a legit center since coming here.

folks (NC) got so upset about not figuring out OG, but that's a position that can found throughout the draft. It's simply not as important as OT/C.

Hopefully they start attacking the trenches this off season

We'll see how the rest of the year plays out but that Ricky Pearsall pick is getting worse by the week. I agree the team needs reinforcements along the offensive line. Puni has been a revelation but teams are still abusing Brendel and, to a lesser extent, McCivitz. What's interesting is that 49ers fans have experience both extremes. Under Harbaugh they invested heavily in offensive line and wanted to bully teams. They had a great line but no playmakers. We have the opposite. I'm really encouraged by Puni's play and if we're looking at the Chiefs game his matchup against Chris Jones is one to watch.

We only pay for guys that score TD's.

Unless they hold out and are serious about it.

We paid Trent, Fred and Bosa a ton of money.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
I am actually having a great week and will have a great Sunday regardless of the outcome. My perspective on the hc differs from yours and that's ok. It's not personal and I certainly don't disparage those that think he is flawless and the only coach worthy of the job regardless of his performance. It's all good. A lot of fans love the coach. But, more and more fans are starting to express concerns. They bring up valid concerns like his poor record in close games, blown leads, stale offense, shoddy special teams, etc etc and a certain group of fans go into attack mode and bring out the typical talking points. It's all very predictable.

Concerns over what? Going to two NFCCs and two SBs in the past 5 yrs? My god every objective fan would love to have that. The opportunity to play in playoff games and SBs consistently is a positive, not a negative.

my whole gripe with some of ya'll is the lack of perspective on how the rest of the league is. Outside of KC who happens to have the goat…no team has been as consistent as SF. No they haven't won the big one, 31 teams miss out on that every single yr though. It's safe to say around 70% of the NFL teams don't even have a realistic shot to win it all.

What stale offense? Kyle and Brock have avg more pts per game than any HC/QB combo (in their first 25 starts) then anyone else….ever. They're currently tied for 8th overall in PPG.

It's not attack mode, it's being objective for once…like I said have some damn perspective. Yes the ST unit is an issue. That's a concern….you can point out concerns for every single team in the NFL. Every one.

What's more predictable is ignoring all those easily understandable "talking points" and pretending they don't exist….and continue to complain. That's what is frustrating in this thread.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I fully support the 49ers. But not Shanahan. Who I think you can't really win with. He's fancy smoke and mirrors. But doesn't have it where it really counts.

Neither did Harbs but you loved him
I am actually having a great week and will have a great Sunday regardless of the outcome. My perspective on the hc differs from yours and that's ok. It's not personal and I certainly don't disparage those that think he is flawless and the only coach worthy of the job regardless of his performance. It's all good. A lot of fans love the coach. But, more and more fans are starting to express concerns. They bring up valid concerns like his poor record in close games, blown leads, stale offense, shoddy special teams, etc etc and a certain group of fans go into attack mode and bring out the typical talking points. It's all very predictable.

Concerns over what? Going to two NFCCs and two SBs in the past 5 yrs? My god every objective fan would love to have that. The opportunity to play in playoff games and SBs consistently is a positive, not a negative.

my whole gripe with some of ya'll is the lack of perspective on how the rest of the league is. Outside of KC who happens to have the goat…no team has been as consistent as SF. No they haven't won the big one, 31 teams miss out on that every single yr though. It's safe to say around 70% of the NFL teams don't even have a realistic shot to win it all.

What stale offense? Kyle and Brock have avg more pts per game than any HC/QB combo (in their first 25 starts) then anyone else….ever. They're currently tied for 8th overall in PPG.

It's not attack mode, it's being objective for once…like I said have some damn perspective. Yes the ST unit is an issue. That's a concern….you can point out concerns for every single team in the NFL. Every one.

What's more predictable is ignoring all those easily understandable "talking points" and pretending they don't exist….and continue to complain. That's what is frustrating in this thread.

Perspective? What's that?
Grant Cohn on KS:

For you data guys is this data real?

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-hc-kyle-shanahan-has-an-abysmal-win-percentage-in-close-games-01jaat98g426#:~:text=He's%20also%20one%20of%20the,decided%20seven%20or%20fewer%20points.
Grant Cohn on KS:

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-hc-kyle-shanahan-has-an-abysmal-win-percentage-in-close-games-01jaat98g426#:~:text=He's%20also%20one%20of%20the,decided%20seven%20or%20fewer%20points.
lol GC can cherry pick all he wants
Grant Cohn on KS:

Here is a stat: Kyle is 38-19 since 2021.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That's all it is….SF wins a f**k ton of games with Kyle when he has a startable QB.

Grant is a meat gazing, no talent ass clown. What's even worse is there's legit morons who follow this dude like he's some journalist that doesn't have an agenda lol.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I fully support the 49ers. But not Shanahan. Who I think you can't really win with. He's fancy smoke and mirrors. But doesn't have it where it really counts.

Neither did Harbs but you loved him

Everyday we need a reminder that San Diego doesn't like Kyle in multiple threads. The constant craving for attention that he needs is hilarious. Poor guy
Originally posted by Jcool:
Whats his super bowl record?

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Perspective? What's that?

Some folks are incapable of looking at the NFL as a whole apparently

let's talk more about the 1980s and how cool it was, my god people get over it. Winning a SB is f**king hard.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That's all it is….SF wins a f**k ton of games with Kyle when he has a startable QB.

Grant is a meat gazing, no talent ass clown. What's even worse is there's legit morons who follow this dude like he's some journalist that doesn't have an agenda lol.

49ers could of won the last two Superbowl's and Grant would be "a real coach would of won more."
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

You don't know? Some fan you are...
Some folks are incapable of looking at the NFL as a whole apparently

let's talk more about the 1980s and how cool it was, my god people get over it. Winning a SB is f**king hard.
Especially when you are up by 10 IN THE SUPER BOWL. You also have the best roster in the league, AND your an offensive genius. I mean, how mean could the football gods be toward us!!!??!! what else do you need to win a super bowl?

Sign that man up for another 10 years, am I right?
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Oct 16, 2024 at 12:05 PM ]
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

How many SBs have most HC been too? Most don't even get a chance.

If kyle was the HC here for 17 yrs and his record was 1-1 would you think he's the best HC ever and shouldn't be fired? I'd call BS that you would.
Share 49ersWebzone