LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 227 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Some folks are incapable of looking at the NFL as a whole apparently

let's talk more about the 1980s and how cool it was, my god people get over it. Winning a SB is f**king hard.
Especially when you are up by 10 IN THE SUPER BOWL. You also have the best roster in the league, AND your an offensive genius. I mean, how mean could the football gods be toward us!!!??!! what else do you need to win a super bowl?

Sign that man up for another 10 years, am I right?

Just an FYI, this guy will probably go down as the GOAT.

Especially when you are up by 10 toward the end of the super bowl. You also have the best roster in the league, AND your an offensive genius. I mean, what else do you need to win a super bowl?

Sign that man up for another 10 years, right?

Tomlin and Harbs haven't won s**t in over 10yrs. 15 for Tomlin, they should be fired according to you. They've done less than Kyle in that time span and one guy had a HOF QB and the other a 2x MVP at QB

Matt lafleur has done less than Kyle and that's with a 2x MVP QB all the same. Fire his ass!

Apparently we should fire Kyle and hire Peterson that should fix everything. You know because he won a SB one time.
Originally posted by Jcool:

let's talk more about the 1980s and how cool it was, my god people get over it. Winning a SB is f**king hard.
Especially when you are up by 10 IN THE SUPER BOWL. You also have the best roster in the league, AND your an offensive genius. I mean, how mean could the football gods be toward us!!!??!! what else do you need to win a super bowl?

Only guy that's ever beat him was the OG GOAT.
Especially when you are up by 10 toward the end of the super bowl. You also have the best roster in the league, AND your an offensive genius. I mean, what else do you need to win a super bowl?

Tomlin and Harbs haven't won s**t in over 10yrs. 15 for Tomlin, they should be fired according to you. They've done less than Kyle in that time span and one guy had a HOF QB and the other a 2x MVP at QB

Matt lafleur has done less than Kyle and that's with a 2x MVP QB all the same. Fire his ass!

Apparently we should fire Kyle and hire Peterson that should fix everything. You know because he won a SB one time.

Jed, is that you?

Only guy that's ever beat him was the OG GOAT.

And Mahomes has his own offensive genius.

Jed, is that you?

Awe bless your heart. What a horrible rebuttal. Typical.

Whatever. Some people can see whats right in front of them, some people can't (or won't). You are happy with just competing and I'm not. Kyle is good enough to get us there and thats good enough for some. Kyle isn't good enough to get it done and thats not good enough for a lot of us.

Thats what it all comes down to.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Oct 16, 2024 at 12:25 PM ]
Whatever. Some people can see whats right in front of them, some people can't (or won't). You are happy with just competing and I'm not. Kyle is good enough to get us there and thats good enough for some. Kyle isn't good enough to get it done and thats not good enough for a lot of us.

So Tomlin and Harbs should be fired, correct? They haven't done s**t in a decade and a half and that's with a HOF QB and a 2x MVP.

Matt LaFleur should be fired because he hasn't done s**t with a 2x MVP QB as well. Right?

we should fire Kyle and hire Doug because he didn't "choke" during the SB? Right? that's all that matters according to you.

I mean we couldn't even hire Reid or Bill because they "choked" away multiple Super Bowls all the same. I'm using your train of thought with all of this and applying zero nuance to make it easy for you.

Answer my questions.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 16, 2024 at 12:32 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Grant Cohn on KS:

For you data guys is this data real?

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-hc-kyle-shanahan-has-an-abysmal-win-percentage-in-close-games-01jaat98g426#:~:text=He's%20also%20one%20of%20the,decided%20seven%20or%20fewer%20points.

Here is a stat: Kyle is 38-19 since 2021.

What's his record in close games and super bowls?

the GOAT? please. i mean he needs 7 SB wins, and 10 appearances just to get on the level. i hear you he's the best in todays' game. but the GOAT is a ways off and once Reid retires, it may not look the same for old Patty.

So if Jimmy hits Sanders and they win the game he's suddenly good enough? How about if Brock hits Aiyuk for the 3rd down or the defense gets a 4th down stop?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
the GOAT? please. i mean he needs 7 SB wins, and 10 appearances just to get on the level. i hear you he's the best in todays' game. but the GOAT is a ways off and once Reid retires, it may not look the same for old Patty.

So Bill Russell is the GOAT in basketball?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Joe Montana is still the G.O.A.T
Grant Cohn on KS:

For you data guys is this data real?

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-hc-kyle-shanahan-has-an-abysmal-win-percentage-in-close-games-01jaat98g426#:~:text=He's%20also%20one%20of%20the,decided%20seven%20or%20fewer%20points.

Here is a stat: Kyle is 38-19 since 2021.

What's his record in close games and super bowls?
even better

so your not happy with having a team that can compete?

that's fkn odd
Share 49ersWebzone