Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I am actually having a great week and will have a great Sunday regardless of the outcome. My perspective on the hc differs from yours and that's ok. It's not personal and I certainly don't disparage those that think he is flawless and the only coach worthy of the job regardless of his performance. It's all good. A lot of fans love the coach. But, more and more fans are starting to express concerns. They bring up valid concerns like his poor record in close games, blown leads, stale offense, shoddy special teams, etc etc and a certain group of fans go into attack mode and bring out the typical talking points. It's all very predictable.

Concerns over what? Going to two NFCCs and two SBs in the past 5 yrs? My god every objective fan would love to have that. The opportunity to play in playoff games and SBs consistently is a positive, not a negative.

my whole gripe with some of ya'll is the lack of perspective on how the rest of the league is. Outside of KC who happens to have the goat…no team has been as consistent as SF. No they haven't won the big one, 31 teams miss out on that every single yr though. It's safe to say around 70% of the NFL teams don't even have a realistic shot to win it all.

What stale offense? Kyle and Brock have avg more pts per game than any HC/QB combo (in their first 25 starts) then anyone else….ever. They're currently tied for 8th overall in PPG.

It's not attack mode, it's being objective for once…like I said have some damn perspective. Yes the ST unit is an issue. That's a concern….you can point out concerns for every single team in the NFL. Every one.

What's more predictable is ignoring all those easily understandable "talking points" and pretending they don't exist….and continue to complain. That's what is frustrating in this thread.

Perspective? What's that?

I think you make some valid points, but you tend to skew the argument to always fit your own perspective
if only you could bring some valid points or anything to show your side instead of just feelings
Yup. Hold on to that thought and let's revisit at the end of the year. And again next year. And the year after that. But since his record is not a valid measure of his performance it does not matter…. Interesting perspective.

Here's some perspective: if we were to fire Kyle there's maybe one active coach we could hire that wouldn't tank our Vegas odds for a Super Bowl.

so… it's the "fire Kyle" crowd vs the money…… no telling who's right or wrong here, but to act like there isn't a conversation to be had is pure fantasy, especially if you're not on the money side of the argument
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Just an FYI, this guy will probably go down as the GOAT.

the GOAT? please. i mean he needs 7 SB wins, and 10 appearances just to get on the level. i hear you he's the best in todays' game. but the GOAT is a ways off and once Reid retires, it may not look the same for old Patty.

1. I said probably

2. He only needs 4 more SB wins to tie Brady and he is only 29.
the last two years he has not been playing like a Goat.. I guess it will all depend on how the REFs/League takes him

If (big if) he ever ties Brady, he still won't be the GOAT because Brady owned him, especially in the SB like Montana owned Elway
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

the GOAT? please. i mean he needs 7 SB wins, and 10 appearances just to get on the level. i hear you he's the best in todays' game. but the GOAT is a ways off and once Reid retires, it may not look the same for old Patty.

1. I said probably

the last two years he has not been playing like a Goat.. I guess it will all depend on how the REFs/League takes him

If (big if) he ever ties Brady, he still won't be the GOAT because Brady owned him, especially in the SB like Montana owned Elway

amen, I don't think Patty found the endzone in the bowl vs Brady.

to be fair, the narrative that Mahomes hasn't played well last year and this is false. he won rings both times. they just don't have great wideouts. but he keeps getting the plays when they have to have them. he's doing some of his finest work. no one sees the field as well as Mahomes right now and he has a rocket arm and moves well to boot.
Tomlin's approach to decisions/coaching. And I don't mean mainly about starting Russ over Fields, but just players in general.

I like the quote "in this league you better have your foot on the gas at all times"

now this isn't a Tomlin > Kyle type of thing, but I'm not sure Kyle gives off the same mentality when it comes to players and depth chart, or moving up in the depth chart.

1. I said probably

to be fair, the narrative that Mahomes hasn't played well last year and this is false. he won rings both times. they just don't have great wideouts. but he keeps getting the plays when they have to have them. he's doing some of his finest work. no one sees the field as well as Mahomes right now and he has a rocket arm and moves well to boot.
Was Eli manning the second best QB after Brady before Pat Because 2 rings?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 16, 2024 at 4:39 PM ]

1. I said probably

no he's 2nd best manning
no he's 2nd best manning

Brady hates that fool
no he's 2nd best manning

Brady hates that fool

yup. i watch manning cast, saw that last night. it's an interesting dynamic, cuz both the mannings had epic battles with Belichick. Bill is on the first half. he's great to listen to.
yup. i watch manning cast, saw that last night. it's an interesting dynamic, cuz both the mannings had epic battles with Belichick. Bill is on the first half. he's great to listen to.

He seems more happy these days, it's good to see him goofin around a little instead of talking all stupid under his breath and basically not saying crap. Now he's full of info, definitely great listen.

1. I said probably

no he's 2nd best manning
Not by your logic faith

1. I said probably

no he's 2nd best manning
Not by your logic faith

Lol faith logic
I just want Kyle to play the best 11 offensive players on every down no matter contract or experience.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Harbaugh was playing with KRAP & Al_EXCUSES. The mere fact he even made the Super Bowl with that is absolutely incredible. Batting way above your weight. You shouldn't even be able to make it that far with that. Shany has a super team and still can't get it done. Shanahan lost 3 solid times (1 Atlanta, 2 SF) and you guys still ride his jock. Like you got something. With this super team of the last 5 years Harbaugh wins 3 Super Bowls minimum.

Harbs was playing with HIS QB. The guy HE wanted to move up for in the draft. The guy he invested his future in when they made him one of the richest QBs in football. The guy HE was in favor of moving Alex for.

That was HIS call and he's been open about all that.

HE'S the one that blew that SB to freaking Joe Flacco and a NFCC game to Seattle. He called the TO in the RZ. Didn't use Gore, and ran some f**king half field passes and fades to Crabtree.

acting like he's was some bystander and had no say is being incredibly ignorant and is insulting to all 49er fans, like none of us knew what was going on and we didn't watch anything.

quit with the b******t. For once.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Harbaugh was playing with KRAP & Al_EXCUSES. The mere fact he even made the Super Bowl with that is absolutely incredible. Batting way above your weight. You shouldn't even be able to make it that far with that. Shany has a super team and still can't get it done. Shanahan lost 3 solid times (1 Atlanta, 2 SF) and you guys still ride his jock. Like you got something. With this super team of the last 5 years Harbaugh wins 3 Super Bowls minimum.

Harbs was playing with HIS QB. The guy HE wanted to move up for in the draft. The guy he invested his future in when they made him one of the richest QBs in football. The guy HE was in favor of moving Alex for.

That was HIS call and he's been open about all that.

HE'S the one that blew that SB to freaking Joe Flacco and a NFCC game to Seattle. He called the TO in the RZ. Didn't use Gore, and ran some f**king half field passes and fades to Crabtree.

acting like he's was some bystander and had no say is being incredibly ignorant and is insulting to all 49er fans, like none of us knew what was going on and we didn't watch anything.

quit with the b******t. For once.

We have been over this a million times. You pick the QB that is available. Not always the best one. He had trash ownership (a little better now - learned lessons), terrible GM, garbage scouting department. It was all Harbaugh. The whole show. No support there. Justin Smith and Aldon Smith were both injured going in. We couldn't get pass rush. Flacco was throwing bombs. Had they been healthy we win. Flacco was hardly bad in that time period. He was a very good QB actually.

With this super team Harbaugh wins. Which Shanahan can't. That's the difference.
Share 49ersWebzone