LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 287 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nothing wrong with winning on that division level. They are all on an equal playing field. They were worse before he got there and after he left. They won when he was there. Says it all.

Didn't say there was. But it's AAA football. The vast majority of top pro coaches would dominate the college game. See Nick Saban.

He just did it mostly because he was living in San Diego at the time. The Stanford job was next after that.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He couldn't even beat his brother with a vastly superior team vs Joe Flacco lol.

never mind the RZ s**t show vs Seattle in the NFCC.

dude can't be defending Jim and s**tting on Kyle. The most hypocritical s**t ever.

Jim is a college HC anyway. Problem is he can't coach there anymore.

All the Kyle bashers do it. The same guys who say Kyle offense has been figured out want Harbaugh.
He couldn't even beat his brother with a vastly superior team vs Joe Flacco lol.

never mind the RZ s**t show vs Seattle in the NFCC.

dude can't be defending Jim and s**tting on Kyle. The most hypocritical s**t ever.

Jim is a college HC anyway. Problem is he can't coach there anymore.

All the Kyle bashers do it. The same guys who say Kyle offense has been figured out want Harbaugh.

Yup that 26th ranked offense that's putting up 18 pts per game is really awesome

I'm not even trying to s**t on Jim. He's funny as s**t. I will always be grateful for his time here. It's the hypocrisy in here with him vs Kyle that is out of control. Troll behavior
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 16, 2024 at 7:08 PM ]
Yup that 26th ranked offense that's putting up 18 pts per game is really awesome

I'm not even trying to s**t on Jim. He's funny as s**t. I will always be grateful for his time here. It's the hypocrisy in here with him vs Kyle that is out of control. Troll behavior

Offense is all won in the trenches and all that. Dont need playmakers.

i would agree. It's just funny that the things that are said about Kyle (figured out offense, completely stubborn, bad at challenges, not prepared in big moments) are far more accurate about Harbaugh. But he won in AAA so.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 16, 2024 at 7:11 PM ]
"ya'll feel me" - Kyle

I love that for some reason.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 17, 2024 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Tomlin's approach to decisions/coaching. And I don't mean mainly about starting Russ over Fields, but just players in general.

I like the quote "in this league you better have your foot on the gas at all times"

now this isn't a Tomlin > Kyle type of thing, but I'm not sure Kyle gives off the same mentality when it comes to players and depth chart, or moving up in the depth chart.

how is Kyle not doing this? We had multiple rookies playing last game and making plays.

I like Tomlin he's a good coach, he inherited a Super Bowl winning roster, won super early in his career. He was handed a first ballot HOF QB. Then nothing after that.

His roster, which he has a massive say in…isn't remotely close to as good as SF's currently. He can toss around the roster and change QBs or whatever. He will go 9-8 and do nothing, much like it's been for him for over a decade.

I know this isn't a Kyle vs whomever thing, but how long does a SB win last for a HC? If Kyle won a SB in 2008 and nothing since then…would everyone in here love him as much as some do with Tomlin? No f**kng way,

During the 2010's, I was one of Tomlin's biggest defenders.

Now? Not so much. Being 9-8 or 8-8 and one-and-done every year only gets you so far. If this fanbase had a problem with Kyle just because of no Super Bowl wins, then what does that make 2009-present Tomlin?
I just saw a crazy stat about Mike Tomlin as HC. In 17 years as a head coach - no coach has left his staff to be a head. His coaching tree has no branches.

also, no one on his staff has been poached to be a coordinator.

at least that's what this article I read said. Crazy if true, 17 years and no one has been promoted that's been under you or poached by another team.

Kyle gets raided religiously and that's a huge compliment to him.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Oct 16, 2024 at 7:12 PM ]
Doug Pederson and Mike McCarthy will be available. Clearly that's where the team should go if they want a title right?
Not in recent times until Harbaugh came there. They were way down, going through coach after coach, never winning anything. But they won when he got there. Says it all.

If he ever comes back to college football he will be suspended for being a cheater. That's the dude you're defending.

He learned from the best (cheat carroll). He got his a$$ handed to him all the time so he figured if he can't beat him might as well join him...carroll got him booted like Kyle got carroll booted
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
"ya'll fell me" - Kyle

I love that for some reason.

Was he talking to some of the players who were underperforming...maybe he meant yall fail me

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Tomlin's approach to decisions/coaching. And I don't mean mainly about starting Russ over Fields, but just players in general.

I like the quote "in this league you better have your foot on the gas at all times"

now this isn't a Tomlin > Kyle type of thing, but I'm not sure Kyle gives off the same mentality when it comes to players and depth chart, or moving up in the depth chart.

how is Kyle not doing this? We had multiple rookies playing last game and making plays.

I like Tomlin he's a good coach, he inherited a Super Bowl winning roster, won super early in his career. He was handed a first ballot HOF QB. Then nothing after that.

His roster, which he has a massive say in…isn't remotely close to as good as SF's currently. He can toss around the roster and change QBs or whatever. He will go 9-8 and do nothing, much like it's been for him for over a decade.

I know this isn't a Kyle vs whomever thing, but how long does a SB win last for a HC? If Kyle won a SB in 2008 and nothing since then…would everyone in here love him as much as some do with Tomlin? No f**kng way,

During the 2010's, I was one of Tomlin's biggest defenders.

Now? Not so much. Being 9-8 or 8-8 and one-and-done every year only gets you so far. If this fanbase had a problem with Kyle just because of no Super Bowl wins, then what does that make 2009-present Tomlin?

Tomlin is mediocre. And he is lucky to be working for the most lenient NFL franchise when it comes to owners.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I just saw a crazy stat about Mike Tomlin as HC. In 17 years as a head coach - no coach has left his staff to be a head. His coaching tree has no branches.

at least that's what this article I read said. Crazy if true, 17 years and no one has been promoted that's been under you or poached by another team.

I don't know why people build a tree out of this guy? It's like a tree of nothing. They should build a tree of Andy Reid. Take all his coaches. He's the winner. They don't even take his defensive coordinator. Who stays year after year. The NFL is so weird. Everyone thinks they want a Shanahan coaching tree. But he never wins anything and always chokes in the biggest moments.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I don't know why people build a tree out of this guy? It's like a tree of nothing. They should build a tree of Andy Reid. Take all his coaches. He's the winner. They don't even take his defensive coordinator. Who stays year after year. The NFL is so weird. Everyone thinks they want a Shanahan coaching tree. But he never wins anything and always chokes in the biggest moments.
SDwright back at it .. why are you s**t posting now ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

His argument is akin to a Nick Wright that's for sure.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

His argument is akin to a Nick Wright that's for sure.
same with NC.. NC was great poster than turned heel
Share 49ersWebzone