There are 146 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Kyle rhymes with Smile :)
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I just saw a crazy stat about Mike Tomlin as HC. In 17 years as a head coach - no coach has left his staff to be a head. His coaching tree has no branches.

also, no one on his staff has been poached to be a coordinator.

at least that's what this article I read said. Crazy if true, 17 years and no one has been promoted that's been under you or poached by another team.

Kyle gets raided religiously and that's a huge compliment to him.

I don't know why people build a tree out of this guy? It's like a tree of nothing. They should build a tree of Andy Reid. Take all his coaches. He's the winner. They don't even take his defensive coordinator. Who stays year after year. The NFL is so weird. Everyone thinks they want a Shanahan coaching tree. But he never wins anything and always chokes in the biggest moments.
SDwright back at it .. why are you s**t posting now ?

NOW???

It's hilarious how he "hates" the hot take guys, but posts just like them.

This is why we say don't feed the trolls. He's been on a s**t posting streak for 15+ years now and it's just got worse, which is remarkable.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Offense is all won in the trenches and all that. Dont need playmakers.

i would agree. It's just funny that the things that are said about Kyle (figured out offense, completely stubborn, bad at challenges, not prepared in big moments) are far more accurate about Harbaugh. But he won in AAA so.

lol right, it's troll behavior.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't know why people build a tree out of this guy? It's like a tree of nothing. They should build a tree of Andy Reid. Take all his coaches. He's the winner. They don't even take his defensive coordinator. Who stays year after year. The NFL is so weird. Everyone thinks they want a Shanahan coaching tree. But he never wins anything and always chokes in the biggest moments.

Let's take a look at Jim's massive tree of coaches shall we lol.

Jim Tomsula & Vic Fangio bravo 👏
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
NOW???

It's hilarious how he "hates" the hot take guys, but posts just like them.

This is why we say don't feed the trolls. He's been on a s**t posting streak for 15+ years now and it's just got worse, which is remarkable.

b***hing after beating the Seahawks no less. His takes are worse than skip bayless.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
During the 2010's, I was one of Tomlin's biggest defenders.

Now? Not so much. Being 9-8 or 8-8 and one-and-done every year only gets you so far. If this fanbase had a problem with Kyle just because of no Super Bowl wins, then what does that make 2009-present Tomlin?

I just saw a crazy stat about Mike Tomlin as HC. In 17 years as a head coach - no coach has left his staff to be a head. His coaching tree has no branches.

at least that's what this article I read said. Crazy if true, 17 years and no one has been promoted that's been under you or poached by another team.

Yet folks in here think he's some golden god, because he won a Super Bowl back in 2008 with Bill Cowher's team

All Harbs has done in the NFL is "choke" he had to cheat his way to a title in college and skip town because he would be suspended. Yeah some amazing HC, who's coaching tree consists of Jim Tomsula and Fangio in the NFL
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
During the 2010's, I was one of Tomlin's biggest defenders.

Now? Not so much. Being 9-8 or 8-8 and one-and-done every year only gets you so far. If this fanbase had a problem with Kyle just because of no Super Bowl wins, then what does that make 2009-present Tomlin?

Yet folks in here think he's some golden god, because he won a Super Bowl back in 2008 with Bill Cowher's team

All Harbs has done in the NFL is "choke" he had to cheat his way to a title in college and skip town because he would be suspended. Yeah some amazing HC, who's coaching tree consists of Jim Tomsula and Fangio in the NFL

Hey that Fangio D was elite for us
[ Edited by Silky on Oct 17, 2024 at 6:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Silky:

We're talking about coaching trees and guys moving on to be HCs.
Originally posted by Silky:

We're talking about coaching trees and guys moving on to be HCs.

It does bear noting that guys who have only coached 4 full years (currently in his mid 5th year) don't typically have extensive coaching trees.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
It does bear noting that guys who have only coached 4 full years (currently in his mid 5th year) don't typically have extensive coaching trees.

Saleh was already gone after year 4.

I will say Minter will be a HC before long. If Harbaugh would pick his Offensive staff like he does his defensive staff he'd be a legit title contender.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 17, 2024 at 7:18 AM ]

Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

I mean he's been a HC since 2004 whether it's been in college or NFL. His best "pupil" is Shaw.

Kyle's been a HC since 2017

my point is SD is saying no one should be picking off the shanahan tree, I said go look at your boy Harbs and what he's got. His one of the most hypocritical posters in here.
You can't cry about choking/wanting Kyle fired and then get all defensive and butt hurt (for years) because Harbs got fired…because guess what all he did was "choke" up until he was let go and it took him cheating to actually win it all on college after yrs of choking there as well.

the whole HC choking s**t is such a BS narrative anyway….if you're gonna ride that stance, you can't pick and choose when it applies period
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
You can't cry about choking/wanting Kyle fired and then get all defensive and butt hurt (for years) because Harbs got fired…because guess what all he did was "choke" up until he was let go and it took him cheating to actually win it all on college after yrs of choking there as well.

the whole HC choking s**t is such a BS narrative anyway….if you're gonna ride that stance, you can't pick and choose when it applies period

This.

At least Kyle choked his way to the super bowl instead of filing to get to the playoffs every year like so many coaches. People that want him fired need to look at what happens around the league every year. The average turnover for coaches is 6 and sometimes more. That shows how hard it is to find a good one.
Kyle obviously a great play caller and schemer. What do you guys think is missing from Kyle for him to get over the hump?
Share 49ersWebzone