LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 330 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I just saw a crazy stat about Mike Tomlin as HC. In 17 years as a head coach - no coach has left his staff to be a head. His coaching tree has no branches.

also, no one on his staff has been poached to be a coordinator.

at least that's what this article I read said. Crazy if true, 17 years and no one has been promoted that's been under you or poached by another team.

Kyle gets raided religiously and that's a huge compliment to him.

I don't know why people build a tree out of this guy? It's like a tree of nothing. They should build a tree of Andy Reid. Take all his coaches. He's the winner. They don't even take his defensive coordinator. Who stays year after year. The NFL is so weird. Everyone thinks they want a Shanahan coaching tree. But he never wins anything and always chokes in the biggest moments.
SDwright back at it .. why are you s**t posting now ?

The best thing you can do with a Shanahan coaching tree is cut it down with a chainsaw and burn it.

Come on man. SEC has a lot more talent and recruiting base than what he was working with. Be real here. He did it as a labor of love. His school. Him and Brady wanted to return Michigan to winning. They both talked about that. He wins multiple in a good SEC program with that recruiting ground they got. He would have better athletes there. It's amazing he was able to win at Michigan.

You sure do give Harbaugh a lot of credit while ignoring he to is a Super Bowl loser like Kyle. In fact he's choked away most of his big games just like you claim Kyle has.

3-5 record vs Ohio State his main rival.
2-7 in bowl record
0-1 Super Bowl
1-1 in NFCCG

He does have an NCAA title but it took a down year for the SEC and Ohio State for him to get it. Not to mention all the rumors about Michigan going to get heavily sanctioned by the NCAA for all the rules he broke.

I like Harbs but to act like he is better than Shanny is being delusional. Both Harbs and Kyle built the 49ers from nothing and the only difference is Kyle has proven so far the he can sustain a winning formula while Harbaugh has left his teams in ruins.

Originally posted by miked1978:

Come on man. SEC has a lot more talent and recruiting base than what he was working with. Be real here. He did it as a labor of love. His school. Him and Brady wanted to return Michigan to winning. They both talked about that. He wins multiple in a good SEC program with that recruiting ground they got. He would have better athletes there. It's amazing he was able to win at Michigan.

You sure do give Harbaugh a lot of credit while ignoring he to is a Super Bowl loser like Kyle. In fact he's choked away most of his big games just like you claim Kyle has.

3-5 record vs Ohio State his main rival.
2-7 in bowl record
0-1 Super Bowl
1-1 in NFCCG

He does have an NCAA title but it took a down year for the SEC and Ohio State for him to get it. Not to mention all the rumors about Michigan going to get heavily sanctioned by the NCAA for all the rules he broke.

I like Harbs but to act like he is better than Shanny is being delusional. Both Harbs and Kyle built the 49ers from nothing and the only difference is Kyle has proven so far the he can sustain a winning formula while Harbaugh has left his teams in ruins.

We are literally going BACKWARDS right now. Jed did everything he could to sabotage Harbaugh. Talking bad about him on social media. It makes the team quit. Disaster GM, scouting department, no help from ownership, even sabotage. Shanahan has a super team. He lost 3 solid times in the Super Bowl (1 Atlanta, 2 SF). You guys ride his jock like he's Belichick.
We are literally going BACKWARDS right now. Jed did everything he could to sabotage Harbaugh. Talking bad about him on social media. It makes the team quit. Disaster GM, scouting department, no help from ownership, even sabotage. Shanahan has a super team. He lost 3 solid times in the Super Bowl (1 Atlanta, 2 SF). You guys ride his jock like he's Belichick.

let's see what happens this week. maybe he puts up 34+ on KC, then we here CMC is returning to prax.
i think the recipe here is play clean. no sacks, no turnovers, and you limit the penalties. no dumb ones. and this is the week for ol Kyle to use a kitchen sink trick play. throw that out there.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

let's see what happens this week. maybe he puts up 34+ on KC, then we here CMC is returning to prax.

I would love to beat them. But we are unlikely to do so. If we don't we are moving backwards. That was these guys complaints about Harbaugh. Yet they give this guy pass after pass. Excuse after excuse. Always riding his jock. Like he can do no wrong.
I would love to beat them. But we are unlikely to do so. If we don't we are moving backwards. That was these guys complaints about Harbaugh. Yet they give this guy pass after pass. Excuse after excuse. Always riding his jock. Like he can do no wrong.

Not sure how well you were paying attention during that time period.
Originally posted by 7x7ers:
Kyle obviously a great play caller and schemer. What do you guys think is missing from Kyle for him to get over the hump?

Guys not getting hurt at horrible times. Jimmy hitting a wide open sanders in the SB. Our OPOY not fumbling in the RZ.

not having to play against the goat in every Super Bowl
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 7x7ers:
Kyle obviously a great play caller and schemer. What do you guys think is missing from Kyle for him to get over the hump?

Guys not getting hurt at horrible times. Jimmy hitting a wide open sanders in the SB. Our OPOY not fumbling in the RZ.

not having to play against the goat in every Super Bowl

Sounds like a lot of excuses. He can't get it done.

i think the telling thing will be ppg. i think 20 in SB 54, 19 in SB 58 (thru regulation), and I think 22 in 2022. so around 20 a game vs Spags. that's not good at all compared to our standard. so if there is a breakthrough or a KS figuring out Spags, he needs 30+ imo. it can happen, if you recall we had the CMC fumble and the punt fumble. so that's just dumb mistakes. and Trent holding. have to play super clean against KC to win.

I just saw a crazy stat about Mike Tomlin as HC. In 17 years as a head coach - no coach has left his staff to be a head. His coaching tree has no branches.

at least that's what this article I read said. Crazy if true, 17 years and no one has been promoted that's been under you or poached by another team.

I don't know why people build a tree out of this guy? It's like a tree of nothing. They should build a tree of Andy Reid. Take all his coaches. He's the winner. They don't even take his defensive coordinator. Who stays year after year. The NFL is so weird. Everyone thinks they want a Shanahan coaching tree. But he never wins anything and always chokes in the biggest moments.

The best thing you can do with a Shanahan coaching tree is cut it down with a chainsaw and burn it.

A tree that bears no fruit should be cut down and thrown in the fire. The Kyle tree is barren for sure.
4th downs are key also, we are on a 3rd kicker? is that right? no Moody or Wright. so let's roll some dice on 4th down, vs taking deep field goals with our 3rd kicker option. just no 4th and 23 attempts plz
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

i think the telling thing will be ppg. i think 20 in SB 54, 19 in SB 58 (thru regulation), and I think 22 in 2022. so around 20 a game vs Spags. that's not good at all compared to our standard. so if there is a breakthrough or a KS figuring out Spags, he needs 30+ imo. it can happen, if you recall we had the CMC fumble and the punt fumble. so that's just dumb mistakes. and Trent holding. have to play super clean against KC to win.

We definitely have to score more if we are to beat Mahomes. 19 in regulation and 22 overall in overtime won't get it done. They can't move the ball against Spags. Our WR's were covered like a glove. Just don't think Shany can do it.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

A tree that bears no fruit should be cut down and thrown in the fire. The Kyle tree is barren for sure.

Yeah I agree completely. You get it.

We definitely have to score more if we are to beat Mahomes. 19 in regulation and 22 overall in overtime won't get it done. They can't move the ball against Spags. Our WR's were covered like a glove. Just don't think Shany can do it.

yeah he needs to figure out the x's and o's vs Spags. gotta beat the best, or at least learn and grow from 1 game to the next vs that guy. can't be stagnant or not learning from these Ls.
Share 49ersWebzone