LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 305 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are literally going BACKWARDS right now. Jed did everything he could to sabotage Harbaugh. Talking bad about him on social media. It makes the team quit. Disaster GM, scouting department, no help from ownership, even sabotage. Shanahan has a super team. He lost 3 solid times in the Super Bowl (1 Atlanta, 2 SF). You guys ride his jock like he's Belichick.

Jim sabotaged himself. Jed didn't call a bunch of fades to Crabtree. Jed didn't tell him to draft AJ Jenkins. Jed didn't tell him to literally develop next to no one during his time here. Jed didn't tell him to not run Gore or call a TO (because he could never get plays in on time) when Kap ran that s**t in to take the lead in the SB.

All he's done is lost. He had to cheat to win anything…I won't even get into the Kyle the coordinator lost a SB b******t. Anyone with half a brain knows what really happened there.

you're so hypocritical and no one buys your crap takes….just keep digging deeper, just makes you look silly
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 17, 2024 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Jim sabotaged himself. Jed didn't call a bunch of fades to Crabtree. Jed didn't tell him to draft AJ Jenkins. Jed didn't tell him to literally developed next to no one during his time here. Jed didn't tell him to not run Gore or call a TO (because he could never get plays in on time) when Kap ran that s**t in to take the lead in the SB.

All he's done is lost. He had to cheat to win anything…I wouldn't even get into the Kyle the coordinator lost a SB b******t. Anyone with half a brain knows that really happened there.

you're so hypocritical and no one buys your crap takes.

why does it have to be Jim vs Kyle? they aren't facing each other. and it's true Jed basically canned Jim, and it had little to do with football or the product on the field. it was a clash of personalities. everyone knows this. we are way past that now.
Jim sabotaged himself. Jed didn't call a bunch of fades to Crabtree. Jed didn't tell him to draft AJ Jenkins. Jed didn't tell him to literally developed next to no one during his time here. Jed didn't tell him to not run Gore or call a TO (because he could never get plays in on time) when Kap ran that s**t in to take the lead in the SB.

All he's done is lost. He had to cheat to win anything…I wouldn't even get into the Kyle the coordinator lost a SB b******t. Anyone with half a brain knows that really happened there.

you're so hypocritical and no one buys your crap takes.

SD's silly comments about KS aside, Jim did not draft AJ Jenkins, lol. That was probably one of the first major points in the power struggle that cost him his job though.

No way he drafts the guy and then makes him inactive to start the season. I remember when he said at a press conference that the 49ers had five number one receivers… which I think was actually a veiled shot at Trent and Paraag/Jed.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
why does it have to be Jim vs Kyle? they aren't facing each other. and it's true Jed basically canned Jim, and it had little to do with football or the product on the field. it was a clash of personalities. everyone knows this. we are way past that now.

It's because we have moronic takes about "choking" and that same poster will defend Harbs who all he did was choker when he was here. You can't have it both ways.

Jim turned down an extension all the same. He told his boss only grown men can go to his meetings….part of being a good coach and leader is having good communication and not being a jackass.

That team was not getting better by the time he was leaving. The roster was a ghost town of nothingness.

he's not a horrible coach, he's always needed a good roster in place. He's not a developer. We saw that. Our drafts from 2012-2014 were disgustingly bad. He was absolutely part of that.

Because those that criticize Kyle use justifications that were far truer about Harbaugh.

You want to watch a stale stagnant offense that is figured out watch a Charger game.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 17, 2024 at 10:52 AM ]
It's because we have moronic takes about "choking" and that same poster will defend Harbs who all he did was choker when he was here. You can't have it both ways.

Jim turned down an extension all the same. He told his boss only grown men can go to his meetings….part of being a good coach and leader is having good communication and not being a jackass.

That team was not getting better by the time he was leaving. The roster was a ghost town of nothingness.

he's not a horrible coach, he's always needed a good roster in place. He's not a developer. We saw that. Our drafts from 2012-2014 were disgustingly bad. He was absolutely part of that.

Jim ain't a jackass, he's just a very strong personality. i mean that should have been known at the time of hire. he felt slighted by Jim Kelly so he socked Jim Kelly. i think he broke his hand on Jim Kelly's face. then he beat Pete who was unbeatable at SC. then started beating him bad running up big scores and prompted Pete's 'what's your deal '. it's just who he is. that's who we hired, and what we got.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
SD's silly comments about KS aside, Jim did not draft AJ Jenkins, lol. That was probably one of the first major points in the power struggle that cost him his job though.

No way he drafts the guy and then makes him inactive to start the season. I remember when he said at a press conference that the 49ers had five number one receivers… which I think was actually a veiled shot at Trent and Paraag/Jed.

That's factually incorrect

https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9589660/jim-harbaugh-defends-former-san-francisco-49ers-wide-receiver-aj-jenkinsI

"Harbaugh was asked to clarify what he felt responsible for in relation to the media criticism directed at Jenkins.

I'm responsible for helping pick the draft picks, fully responsible for coaching the players up, and I willingly accept those responsibilities," Harbaugh said.

In July 2012, Harbaugh called out as "clueless" those who predicted Jenkins would be a bust before he even played in a preseason game."

go look up LMJ and McDonald and see what he said about those guys….those were his dudes.

those 3 drafts along with all the old vets leaving killed this franchise for years after he left.

Who did he actually develop? Kap and smith? Bruce miller? Pretending he had zero say in who got drafted or signed is fake news.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 17, 2024 at 11:08 AM ]
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 17, 2024 at 11:08 AM ]

https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9589660/jim-harbaugh-defends-former-san-francisco-49ers-wide-receiver-aj-jenkinsI

I don't see what that article proves other than he's willing to defend his guys.

The most relevant quote from the article was this:

"I'm responsible for helping pick the draft picks, fully responsible for coaching the players up, and I willingly accept those responsibilities,"

Multiple people covering the team, like Tim Kawakami as an example, reported that Jenkins was Baalke's pick and the FO wasn't happy with the coaching staff effectively dismissing Jenkins from the jump (obviously with good reason as he couldn't play).

The roster was Baalke/Paraag/Jed's baby. The domino effect from the fallout of that regimes poor decisions is why Kyle was able to be in such a strong negotiating position when he was hired here.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Oct 17, 2024 at 11:12 AM ]
Jim ain't a jackass, he's just a very strong personality. i mean that should have been known at the time of hire. he felt slighted by Jim Kelly so he socked Jim Kelly. i think he broke his hand on Jim Kelly's face. then he beat Pete who was unbeatable at SC. then started beating him bad running up big scores and prompted Pete's 'what's your deal '. it's just who he is. that's who we hired, and what we got.

Sorry, if you punch someone in the face because you felt " slighted" that's the definition of being a jackass.

dude was getting into fights with other HCs, that's jackass behavior. You don't get a pass because you have a strong personality.

you don't become a HC in the NFL by being a passive b***h, none of these guys are like that…they aren't punching players, starting fights or calling their boss a little baby.

There's a reason why he wears out his welcome. IMO he needs to be the only guy in control, he needs fresh young players that leave every yr, that will scream who's got it better than us…thats college football and that's where he belongs.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 17, 2024 at 11:14 AM ]

"Harbaugh was asked to clarify what he felt responsible for in relation to the media criticism directed at Jenkins.

I'm responsible for helping pick the draft picks, fully responsible for coaching the players up, and I willingly accept those responsibilities," Harbaugh said.

In July 2012, Harbaugh called out as "clueless" those who predicted Jenkins would be a bust before he even played in a preseason game."

go look up LMJ and McDonald and see what he said about those guys….those were his dudes.

those 3 drafts along with all the old vets leaving killed this franchise for years after he left.

Who did he actually develop? Kap and smith? Bruce miller? Pretending he had zero say in who got drafted or signed is fake news.

we are going into the way back machine here, but he developed guys. Alex for example was complete garbage getting boo'd and then near NFL leader in lowest int percent. under JH. JH preached protecting the football. Gore had a renaissance. the OL was balling. the D was balling. the safeties thrived. it was the whole operation. i think in 2012 we set the franchise record for single game team yards. i mean this is a franchise with Rice, Montana, Young, Walsh, and we set the record with meat and potatoes JH trucking the Bills. look that one up. i still don't think we've topped it.

Sorry if you punch someone in the face because you felt " slighted" that's the definition of being a jackass.

dude was getting into fights with other HCs, that's jackass behavior. You don't get a pass because you have a strong personality.

you may be correct here. but it's not jackass for no reason. Kelly was trashing JH publicly. so JH handled it. now he probably could have handled it better. the point is, this was all public knowledge when we made the hire. you don't get to hire that guy, and say oh he was too strong a guy in the room. that's who you signed up for.
we are going into the way back machine here, but he developed guys. Alex for example was complete garbage getting boo'd and then near NFL leader in lowest int percent. under JH. JH preached protecting the football. Gore had a renaissance. the OL was balling. the D was balling. the safeties thrived. it was the whole operation. i think in 2012 we set the franchise record for single game team yards. i mean this is a franchise with Rice, Montana, Young, Walsh, and we set the record with meat and potatoes JH trucking the Bills. look that one up. i still don't think we've topped it.

Gore was an established vet, he was not developed. His yards per attempt was damn near the same before Harbs. That's a horrible example. Go look at those 2012,2013, 2014 drafts. A whole lot of nothing with damn near no development. Then the dark ages after that because we had no talent to work with.

SF had a 1,000 more total yards last yr than in 2012….I mean are you talking about one game lol? Who the f**k cares about one game?

that's a whole lot of reaching in that post my man.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 17, 2024 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are literally going BACKWARDS right now. Jed did everything he could to sabotage Harbaugh. Talking bad about him on social media. It makes the team quit. Disaster GM, scouting department, no help from ownership, even sabotage. Shanahan has a super team. He lost 3 solid times in the Super Bowl (1 Atlanta, 2 SF). You guys ride his jock like he's Belichick.

Jim sabotaged himself. Jed didn't call a bunch of fades to Crabtree. Jed didn't tell him to draft AJ Jenkins. Jed didn't tell him to literally develop next to no one during his time here. Jed didn't tell him to not run Gore or call a TO (because he could never get plays in on time) when Kap ran that s**t in to take the lead in the SB.

All he's done is lost. He had to cheat to win anything…I won't even get into the Kyle the coordinator lost a SB b******t. Anyone with half a brain knows what really happened there.

you're so hypocritical and no one buys your crap takes….just keep digging deeper, just makes you look silly

Coach Jim Harbaugh has multiple Championships. USD Torreros and Michigan. He won it all at multiple levels.

Shany has 3 solid Super Bowl losses WITH A LEAD in each (1 Atlanta, 2 SF). You guys keep riding his jock like he's Belichick or Andy Reid.

He needs to start focusing on how he's going to close out games. No more playing it by ear when the time comes. He needs to study all the scenarios/edge cases and know how he's going to handle them. There has to be a way we go about things in these situations. He can't just be out there calling random plays at that point in the game because his original plan doesn't have us up by multiple scores

Not only is his offense absolutely awful in passing/hurry up situations, but he's also awful at managing the game/the clock. This includes going into halftime. He needs to be more prepared
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 17, 2024 at 11:28 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone