LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 172 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

i can see the circus is back with the same false narratives and revisionist history lol
I actually think we are going to beat them this weekend.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by miked1978:

You sure do give Harbaugh a lot of credit while ignoring he to is a Super Bowl loser like Kyle. In fact he's choked away most of his big games just like you claim Kyle has.

3-5 record vs Ohio State his main rival.
2-7 in bowl record
0-1 Super Bowl
1-1 in NFCCG

Harbaugh is 1-2 in NFC CG

Show me Kyle's wins & loses in all of those categories

0-2 Super Bowl
2-1 in NFCCG

But apparently thats way worse then Harbs, am i right?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah I don't get it either. He has some glaring weaknesses. That and choking in all the Big Games. He's not useless. Just not what we need to win a Championship. If you want fancy shifts and motions and to make the Playoffs he's your guy. But if you want to win the Super Bowl and put a trophy in the case I don't think he is that guy.

Same argument used on Peyton and LeBron and Andy.
I want to believe we gon win but its andy reid coming off a bye week...
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

He needs to start focusing on how he's going to close out games. No more playing it by ear when the time comes. He needs to study all the scenarios/edge cases and know how he's going to handle them. There has to be a way we go about things in these situations. He can't just be out there calling random plays at that point in the game because his original plan doesn't have us up by multiple scores

Not only is his offense absolutely awful in passing/hurry up situations, but he's also awful at managing the game/the clock. This includes going into halftime. He needs to be more prepared

I dunno what the answer is but most people say don't stop what is working and don't let off the gas. I don't think that is the issue. Maybe a game here and there but for the most part his play calling remains consistent IMO. Its either execution breaks down or the defense makes a play. We win more then we lose so he's doing something right.

I think what hinders him the most is being the head coach and the OC. Its just a lot of responsibility. At least with head coaches with true coordinators they can keep an eye on the clock and all that other stuff that goes into coaching. Part of the problem is coaches getting poached from his staff too.
0-2 Super Bowl
2-1 in NFCCG

2-2 in NFC CG

(Granted, he had no viable QB for 85% of one of those NFC CG losses).
0-2 Super Bowl
2-1 in NFCCG

2-2 in NFC CG

(Granted, he had no viable QB for 85% of one of those NFC CG losses).

We would have won it all in 2022 if rookie BP wasnt hurt. And then 2023 probably would have played out exactly as it did or maybe not, because BP would have a full summer camp. Anyway, yadda yadda should coulda woulda

He needs to start focusing on how he's going to close out games. No more playing it by ear when the time comes. He needs to study all the scenarios/edge cases and know how he's going to handle them. There has to be a way we go about things in these situations. He can't just be out there calling random plays at that point in the game because his original plan doesn't have us up by multiple scores

Not only is his offense absolutely awful in passing/hurry up situations, but he's also awful at managing the game/the clock. This includes going into halftime. He needs to be more prepared

I dunno what the answer is but most people say don't stop what is working and don't let off the gas. I don't think that is the issue. Maybe a game here and there but for the most part his play calling remains consistent IMO. Its either execution breaks down or the defense makes a play. We win more then we lose so he's doing something right.

I think what hinders him the most is being the head coach and the OC. Its just a lot of responsibility. At least with head coaches with true coordinators they can keep an eye on the clock and all that other stuff that goes into coaching. Part of the problem is coaches getting poached from his staff too.

It's the close games he's not ready for. 119th in close games speaks for itself. We don't have a top 3 defense anymore and our talent on offense is getting older. We are going to start being in more of these close games. He needs to focus on how to win in these situations. He's lost when he can't be methodical with his play calling. Nobody sees a 2 minute drill or hurry up offense at training camp. His supposed 2 minute period on Wednesday's is probably as half-assed as their STs period is reported to be (which shows on the field). He doesn't focus on winning in these situations, and it shows
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 17, 2024 at 2:24 PM ]
that random stat is pretty random

when you think about it, NFL is just you pair the best QB with the best HC. that's why New England won all they did and same now with KC. so we need brock to step up into being on Pat level or dare i say above that somehow.

You sure do give Harbaugh a lot of credit while ignoring he to is a Super Bowl loser like Kyle. In fact he's choked away most of his big games just like you claim Kyle has.

2-7 in bowl record
0-1 Super Bowl
1-1 in NFCCG

0-2 Super Bowl
2-1 in NFCCG

He's 0 - 3 in the Super Bowl with leads. Count Atlanta. That was his passing offense instead of running out the game that gave it away.

It's the close games he's not ready for. 119th in close games speaks for itself. We don't have a top 3 defense anymore and our talent on offense is getting older. We are going to start being in more of these close games. He needs to focus on how to win in these situations. He's lost when he can't be methodical with his play calling. Nobody sees a 2 minute drill or hurry up offense at training camp. His supposed 2 minute period on Wednesday's is probably as half-assed as their STs period is reported to be (which shows on the field). He doesn't focus on winning in these situations, and it shows

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
that random stat is pretty random

when you think about it, NFL is just you pair the best QB with the best HC. that's why New England won all they did and same now with KC. so we need brock to step up into being on Pat level or dare i say above that somehow.
it's a cherry picked number.. no info to go off of..

these kind numbers can have 50 coaches be separated by .05 of a %
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

2-7 in bowl record
0-1 Super Bowl
1-1 in NFCCG

0-2 Super Bowl
2-1 in NFCCG

He's 0 - 3 in the Super Bowl with leads. Count Atlanta. That was his passing offense instead of running out the game that gave it away.
yet Harbs is 1-2 in NFCCGs and 0-1 in SBs with a 1-9 record for Nat. championships
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 17, 2024 at 3:41 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

yeah, i focus here on brock i know football is more than that, but by and large, if you have an elite HC and a #1 in the NFL QB you will get rings, simple as that.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

yeah, i focus here on brock i know football is more than that, but by and large, if you have an elite HC and a #1 in the NFL QB you will get rings, simple as that.
it's not that simple also.. cause the number 1 QB and HC lost last year..
Share 49ersWebzone