LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 281 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by DrEll:
No. Kyle loses MULTIPLE Super Bowls and NFCC games. Should be fired immediately IMO.

Ridiculous comment. An owner would need a particularly good reason to fire a head coach half way through a season. It happens occasionally but there needs to be a good reason, which does not exist in Shanahan's case. Bearing in mind where the team was when we picked him up, that should be taken into account. One of the worst teams in the NFL has been transformed into consistently one of the best.

If Shanahan should be fired for losing superbowls, I assume that in your view the various other HC's who can't even get their team to a superbowl should absolutely be sacked. All of them.

If ownership is dumb enough to sack him, the elapsed time before various other teams queue up to offer him a job would be measured in seconds.
What can we do about getting a bigger ignore list?
Originally posted by DrEll:
No. Kyle loses MULTIPLE Super Bowls and NFCC games. Should be fired immediately IMO.

And Jim couldn't even GET to multiple SBs to even have a CHANCE lose them. When he did get there guess what he did? LOST CHOKER!

your posts are getting more pathetic by the day…according to your trash takes we should fire Kyle then hire Doug Peterson (after he gets fired) because he won a Super Bowl? f**king dumb
Originally posted by English:
Ridiculous comment. An owner would need a particularly good reason to fire a head coach half way through a season. It happens occasionally but there needs to be a good reason, which does not exist in Shanahan's case. Bearing in mind where the team was when we picked him up, that should be taken into account. One of the worst teams in the NFL has been transformed into consistently one of the best.

If Shanahan should be fired for losing superbowls, I assume that in your view the various other HC's who can't even get their team to a superbowl should absolutely be sacked. All of them.

If ownership is dumb enough to sack him, the elapsed time before various other teams queue up to offer him a job would be measured in seconds.

Dude he/she had no clue what they're talking about…apparently having losing seasons, not making the playoffs etc is better than going to two NFCC and two SBs in 5 years.

The lack of perspective is mind-numbingly painful. The ignorance is at an all-time high, even after beating our division rival. I won't even get into the lack of football understanding that goes into these comments.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Harbaugh went to a big time program and took it from the very bottom to a national champion. There's no comparison. Might as well bring Easton Stick into the convo lol

When jim came here he lost a NFCC and SB….did he not?

who gives a s**t what he did after his time here? People got all butt hurt that they fired him, even though all he did was CHOKE according to what people view choking as. Now those same people are screaming about firing Kyle over the same s**t they defended Jim for. Hypocrite p***y s**t.

Also acting like Michigan was a bottom feeding organization is laughable. Not even gonna get into all the cheating that took play in order for him to "win" after years of choking in Ann Arbor. Pretending college football is remotely close to the NFL is laughable all the same.

and yes it's laughable talking about NDSU about as dumb as bringing up the Pioneer Football League, right?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 18, 2024 at 6:21 AM ]
Harbaugh went to a big time program and took it from the very bottom to a national champion. There's no comparison. Might as well bring Easton Stick into the convo lol

Walked into a stacked roster with two top 5 recruiting classes on board. Still took him 9 years. Something you won't even get Kyle.

The year before he wins he lost in the playoff to a vastly inferior team in a bigger choke job than anything Ky,e has ever done.

No comparison indeed.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 18, 2024 at 6:18 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Walked into a stacked roster with two top 5 recruiting classes on board. Still took him 9 years. Something you won't even get Kyle.

The year before he wins he lost in the playoff to a vastly inferior team in a bigger choke job than anything Ky,e has ever done.

No comparison indeed.

AND the whole debate is about Jim while he was HERE in NFL as the 49ers HC, not what he did in college 9 yrs later. The dudes calling for Kyle's head because he can't win a SB are the same fans that defended Jim…who did the same s**t here!

acting like he took Iowa state and made them some powerhouse in a couple yrs is just another reach. Like you said it's f**king Michigan. They get top end recruiting class every damn year. That's not how it works in NFL. Jim lost 6 straight bowl games.

IMO he belongs in college.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 18, 2024 at 7:07 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

No comparison indeed.

He's had success on every team he coached. He's turned every team from s**t to success. Y'all are seriously delusional
He's had success on every team he coached. He's turned every team from s**t to success. Y'all are seriously delusional

so did Kyle here? lol.

Jim while in SF lost a NFCC and a SB. According to all of you that's choking and a reason to be fired YET you all were defending him and still are 😆 Jim lost 6 straight bowl games. I'm sure all the Kyle haters would totally accept that and let him have 9 years before having to cheat to win.

Hypocrites plain and simple.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 18, 2024 at 7:09 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

so did Kyle here? lol.

Jim while in SF lost a NFCC and a SB. According to all of you that's choking and a reason to be fired YET you all were defending him and still are 😆

Hypocrites plain and simple.

Kyle did it by getting lucky on late rounders. Things like missing out on Everett and having to settle for Kittle. Harbaugh does it with coaching and he's done it at multiple stops. He's proven more, just what it is

I do prefer Harbaugh to Kyle, but that doesn't mean Kyle bad. I point out Kyles flaws because they are our current problem, but Harbaugh has his too. I just think Harbaughs a better leader. I prefer the way he pumps up players to the media, instead of downplaying them to make himself look better. I prefer his berating of the refs over Kyles Aaron Rodgers douchebag type reactions to players messing up. Kyle is a great offensive mind (him and Reid are 1a 1b) and I've never taken that from him, but he's lacking in every other department as a hc
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 18, 2024 at 7:09 AM ]

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
that random stat is pretty random

when you think about it, NFL is just you pair the best QB with the best HC. that's why New England won all they did and same now with KC. so we need brock to step up into being on Pat level or dare i say above that somehow.

Brock's performance was above Pat's last season, though.

We just didn't have the defense to go with It.
Kyle did it by getting lucky on late rounders. Things like missing out on Everett and having to settle for Kittle. Harbaugh does it with coaching and he's done it at multiple stops. He's proven more, just what it is

I do prefer Harbaugh to Kyle, but that doesn't mean Kyle bad. I point out Kyles flaws because they are our current problem, but Harbaugh has his too. I just think Harbaughs a better leader. I prefer the way he pumps up players to the media, instead of downplaying them to make himself look better. I prefer his berating of the refs over Kyles Aaron Rodgers douchebag type reactions to players messing up. Kyle is a great offensive mind (him and Reid are 1a 1b) and I've never taken that from him, but he's lacking in every other department as a hc

And being given 2 top 5 recruiting classes before you even show up doesn't matter? Michigan isn't some s**tty football program. They will always have elite talent rolling in there. College football and the NFL are completely different animals with that.

Jim has had more coaching gigs. That's doesn't really prove anything imo. He lost 6 straight bowl games lost a SB and a NFCC.

Jim walked into the 49er gig with a f**k ton of seasoned vets. Go look at his draft classes if we're gonna complain out Kyle's. Kyle rebuilt the whole damn team. Who cares what round players were drafted? As long as they turned out good, that's all that matters. THAT is coaching and developing imo.

Andy Reid "missed" on Paxton Lynch who he really wanted, which lead to Mahomes. Who cares

Harbs is a motivator and hires good coaches. Jim calls out the media all the time, he's got a jackass persona and has since his playing days. He's as arrogant as anyone you will know in football. Acting like he's just some happy go lucky guy is ridiculous lol.

Go listen to Joe Staley tell you who his favorite HC was. Kyle over Jim.

Look my whole point with Jim vs Kyle is the fact that people label Kyle a choker and talk making lost NFCC and SBs…Jim did the same exact thing here and they defended him and still are…It's hypocritical and shows a blatant bias.

So either agree that Jim was a choker or say Kyle isn't. There is no in-between because I was told we can't have context about W/Ls with HCs "those are excuses" it's ALL falls on the HC…unless Kyle wins than it's not because of him
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 18, 2024 at 7:30 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
that random stat is pretty random

when you think about it, NFL is just you pair the best QB with the best HC. that's why New England won all they did and same now with KC. so we need brock to step up into being on Pat level or dare i say above that somehow.

We just need to cut out the miscues
[ Edited by Sickaa on Oct 18, 2024 at 7:30 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

And being given 2 top 5 recruiting classes before you even show up doesn't matter? Michigan isn't some s**tty football program. They will always have elite talent rolling in there. College football and the NFL are completely different animals with that.

Jim has had more coaching gigs. That's doesn't really prove anything imo. He lost 6 straight bowl games lost a SB and a NFCC.

Jim walked into the 49er gig with a f**k ton of seasoned vets. Go look at his draft classes if we're gonna complain out Kyle's. Kyle rebuilt the whole damn team. Who cares what round players were drafted? As long as they turned out good, that's all that matters. THAT is coaching and developing imo.

Andy Reid "missed" on Paxton Lynch who he really wanted, which lead to Mahomes. Who cares

Harbs is a motivator and hires good coaches. Jim calls out the media all the time, he's got a jackass persona and has since his playing days. He's as arrogant as anyone you will know in football. Acting like he's just some happy go lucky guy is ridiculous lol.

Go listen to Joe Staley tell you who his favorite HC was. Kyle over Jim.

Look my whole point with Jim vs Kyle is the fact that people label Kyle a choker and talk making lost NFCC and SBs…Jim did the same exact thing and they defended him and still are. It's f**king hypocritical and shows a blatant bias. So either agree that Jim was a choker or say Kyle isn't. There is no in between because I was told we can't have context about W/Ls with HC "those are excuses" it's ALL falls on the HC…unless Kyle wins than it's not because of him

Yes just explain away how Harbaugh inherits all these great teams even though they all stunk for years before he got there lol. It's okay if you jumped on board with Jed and the guy that has now sunk Jax to the bottom too. You can admit Harbaugh was the right choice, no need to live in delusion land

Losing games isn't choking. Kyle has big leads and loses them. Thats why he's starting to gain traction as the biggest choker in nfl history
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 18, 2024 at 7:34 AM ]
I still haven't seen any of these "fire Kyle" posts name someone they would prefer. I saw one that said there are 100 college coaches that could do the job. That was dumber than saying Kyle should be fired.
Share 49ersWebzone