49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This is 100% correct.

Jim is a choker! Lost multiple NFCC and a SB when he was here.

until you admit that, you're stance on Kyle is meaningless

Is it really choking if you never see a lead in the SB?

But Jim is a winner though...

That's right. Shany is the CHOKER. Had 3 solid leads in the Super Bowl and lost them all.

I knew I'd get the low hanging fruit with that one. Thanks for coming through.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
If you don't win the SB with the best roster, you fell short. He's now squandered that best roster opportunity. Thankfully he fell ass backwards into a fqb

So did Jim…choked it away. Right?

If you wish. He isn't a known all time choker like Shanahan. Kyle is literally on his own level already lol
So getting to a Super Bowl with a backup level QB is good coaching right? Half of you in here thought Jimmy was a legit starting QB. Some had him top 10 in the league lol.

how do you excuse all of Harbs choke jobs? Did nothing big lose when it matter when he was here.

Jimmy was good. i think he was top 10 all time rated. and win percent also. but this is for the Jimmy thread
That's right. Shany is the CHOKER. Had 3 solid leads in the Super Bowl and lost them all.

All Jim did was lose when it mattered. He choked away multiple NFCCs and a SB with a better team. Lost to freaking Joe Flacco.

According to you that's choking. Denying that proves your whole shtick is dog s**t in here.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
lol this day in age of football if you can hide the QB and make the SB.. that is amazing

If you get the matchups like we did. I mean it happened lol so yea
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Jimmy was good. i think he was top 10 all time rated. and win percent also. but this is for the Jimmy thread

Jimmy was never good. Kyle held that s**t together with duct-ape and sticks. They did everything they could to not have to rely on him. We saw what happened when they needed him to show up in the biggest moment. Blew a beautiful drawn up play.

now he's a backup that no one gives a s**t about
lol this day in age of football if you can hide the QB and make the SB.. that is amazing

i think you just gave Kyle a kudos for making those matchups possible
Imo the defense and Mostert dragged Jimmy to the SB. It's not like Kyle was making Jimmy look good in the playoffs. They got the matchups to hide Jimmy, but that doesn't make Kyle amazing. They just ran the ball

You can't just excuse him in all these choke jobs. It's his lack of overall preparation for these moments that kill him. You'll find execution problems on all SB teams, even the winners. That's not an excuse for choking to the magnitude Kyle has

So getting to a Super Bowl with a backup level QB is good coaching right? Half of you in here thought Jimmy was a legit starting QB. Some had him top 10 in the league lol.

how do you excuse all of Harbs choke jobs? Did nothing big lose when it matter when he was here.

As I said in this thread before...coaches don't choke away games. Players do that.

How coaches choke? They don't have players ready to play well. They make terrible coaching decisions mid game that lead to major issues or scheme disadvantages.

Harbaugh did ALL of those.

The team had 2 weeks to prepare for a lesser squad. We were the better team nearly across the board. We were made to create problems for that Ravens roster. We came out unprepared and took a huge deficit and got incredibly lucky that the Ravens momentum was stopped for us by the blackout. We were able to rally and get the game close and then Harbaugh in his stupid coaching method in the redzone called a timeout on the would be game leading TD play. He then took out our best player, the player gashing their defense - while the Ravens best run defender was NOT in the game and called 3 straight passes from a young QB.

I don't care what the score was, that's irrelevant. Coaching decisions and prep absolutely took down the talent we had in that game.

People may speculate if Kyle called more run plays in 2019 we'd win that game. Well Jimmy audibled out of some of them and also had plenty of plays available for him to complete - including the Sanders throw where it was open and he had plenty of time. That's a player not getting it done. Last year Purdy not throwing to Aiyuk after the 2 min warning to kill clock and hit the game winning FG. Burford not blocking Chis Jones, those are player errors. The scheme and the playcall had them setup for success on the play.
Jimmy was never good. Kyle held that s**t together with duct-ape and sticks. They did everything they could to not have to rely on him. We saw what happened when they needed him to show up in the biggest moment. Blew a beautiful drawn up play.

now he's a backup that no one gives a s**t about

oh bull. 1 play? i mean CMC fumbled 1 play in the SB also. JG's old now. we don't even get to that SB without JG and you know it.
If you wish. He isn't a known all time choker like Shanahan. Kyle is literally on his own level already lol

Harbs has always been know as a choker….lost 6 straight bowl games after leaving here. Some in epic fashion. Dude was suspended for cheating then got caught again and left college football lol. He will never win a SB in the NFL either.

no one will ever be known as more of a choker than Andy 20 yrs of straight let down.

man NY is going thru all the old debates, Harbaugh and now Jimmy
oh bull. 1 play? i mean CMC fumbled 1 play in the SB also. JG's old now. we don't even get to that SB without JG and you know it.

Jimmy has the worst 4th QR passer rating in SB history. I point out the one obvious play….his whole 4th QR was completely dog s**t when the team needed him to be above avg.

no one is gonna agree with you that Jimmy is a good QB. Not now.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 18, 2024 at 11:28 AM ]
after that SB you are talking about NY, JG got injured next year we won like 6 games. remember this?

Jimmy has the worst 4th QR passer rating in SB history. I point out the won obvious play. That while 4th QR is was completely dog s**t when the team needed him to be just tread water.

no one is gonna agree with you that Jimmy is a good QB. Not now.

i ain't saying he's good now. i'm saying he was good for us, he was. we cover up that 3rd and 15 we win.

i think you just gave Kyle a kudos for making those matchups possible

The matchups were the matchups. It's not like Kyle made them possible by going Tonya Harding on one of their key starters or something. We just got lucky with the Vikings and Packers matchups and were able to hide Jimmy
Share 49ersWebzone