LISTEN: The Best Of The 49ers Webzone: No Huddle Podcast →

There are 130 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Roddy white is f**king stupid. Let's go back to this ONCE again. Let's say Shanny runs the ball 3 straight times when they're down there. They get stopped, pats utilize their timeouts, and send the kicker to attempt a fg. He misses it, pats drive the field to tie and then win it in ot. Now they'll b***hing about, "oh, why did shanny get so conservative when we had the ball. He should of passed it." Point is you just don't f**king know. He decided to stay aggressive which is what they've done all year. To me, the real reason they lost that game was because of their defense. It's easy to put the blame on shanny because he's no longer there. f**k you roddy and falcons fans! Your defense is trash!

In an interview Sage Rosenfels, who was a former Shanny QB in Houston, said that if you look at that sack fumble play, a pass was actually the right call there. The Pats D was playing way up, with no S help deep, and 1 on 1 man coverage on 3 guys. If Freeman makes that block, theres a good chance they beat that D for a TD, which ends the game.

Pats had 9 men in the box there. Their primary RB was out/hurt and scat back in. The previous two runs both went for negative yards. A pass was absolutely the right call although IMHO, there should have been a check by Ryan as it was clear NE was bringing the heat; needed a hot route. Only needed a couple yards (long 3rd and 1).
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I do agree that Kyle had a part in blowing that game, but yeah, Roddy is just too salty. Move on, you're pathetic

Agreed. If the defense made ONE play in the second half...just one...nobody would be talking about the non-conservative play calling in FG range. But then, after the game, if someone were to ask him, I'm sure Kyle would have said himself he probably should have dialed it back there and played for the FG (break from their ID for a moment).

But that's what makes him special...his ability to process his own calls and learn and grow from them and be humble about it. He "gets" it. IMHO he's THE best play caller in the game today and this is only going to make him better. I truly believe that.

Excellent call!

Just "One" play BUT they didn't.
Roddy's $40k bet probably sent him over the edge.
Roddy white is f**king stupid. Let's go back to this ONCE again. Let's say Shanny runs the ball 3 straight times when they're down there. They get stopped, pats utilize their timeouts, and send the kicker to attempt a fg. He misses it, pats drive the field to tie and then win it in ot. Now they'll b***hing about, "oh, why did shanny get so conservative when we had the ball. He should of passed it." Point is you just don't f**king know. He decided to stay aggressive which is what they've done all year. To me, the real reason they lost that game was because of their defense. It's easy to put the blame on shanny because he's no longer there. f**k you roddy and falcons fans! Your defense is trash!

In an interview Sage Rosenfels, who was a former Shanny QB in Houston, said that if you look at that sack fumble play, a pass was actually the right call there. The Pats D was playing way up, with no S help deep, and 1 on 1 man coverage on 3 guys. If Freeman makes that block, theres a good chance they beat that D for a TD, which ends the game.

Pats had 9 men in the box there. Their primary RB was out/hurt and scat back in. The previous two runs both went for negative yards. A pass was absolutely the right call although IMHO, there should have been a check by Ryan as it was clear NE was bringing the heat; needed a hot route. Only needed a couple yards (long 3rd and 1).

Packers were slammed by everyone in their blown loss @SEA in the NFCC for being too conservative. Now ATL getting hit because of being too aggressive. In a loss like that, the team will get criticized either way. 4 minutes is a lifetime especially vs NE. Gabriel was WIDE open on the sack-fumble play too.
Originally posted by southpaw854:
Packers were slammed by everyone in their blown loss @SEA in the NFCC for being too conservative. Now ATL getting hit because of being too aggressive. In a loss like that, the team will get criticized either way. 4 minutes is a lifetime especially vs NE. Gabriel was WIDE open on the sack-fumble play too.

Excellent take, my man.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
lol Roddy White

I love how dude was like "Teams kept calling me but I kept telling them no", like an over the hill receiver with attitude problems is so heavily in demand.

He's like T.O., talented but over-dramatic. He should blame the defense for collapsing more than anything.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
lol Roddy White

I love how dude was like "Teams kept calling me but I kept telling them no", like an over the hill receiver with attitude problems is so heavily in demand.

He's like T.O., talented but over-dramatic. He should blame the defense for collapsing more than anything.

To was way better than White though. At age 37 he had like 70 catches, 900 yards and 9 TD's. TO was a beast, all time great. White is not.
With all the discussion about how Shanahan blew it for the Falcons, it's almost as if he was their HC and Dan Quinn was just a puppet.
Originally posted by captveg:
With all the discussion about how Shanahan blew it for the Falcons, it's almost as if he was their HC and Dan Quinn was just a puppet.

So shanahan basically has HC experience based on people b***hing about him.

Excellent take, my man.

It doesn't help that Shanny was all but confirmed on his way out, so it was easy for Falcons fans to pile on the blame on him. While I think Shanny take some blame, he is not the sole reason the Falcons lost.

Football is a team sport, no one is solely at fault for a loss.

I would rather lose being aggressive and going for the win, than being conservative and playing not to lose.

I love the guys offense and aggressiveness. I hope we can get a franchise QB that him and that Qb become the next Brady/Belichick combo!

Screw the falcons, we lost a SB a few years back, we all know the pain they are feeling and idc about them or them attacking our head coach.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by captveg:

So shanahan basically has HC experience based on people b***hing about him.

People must think very highly of Shanahan's effectiveness on the offense, to put so much blame.
lol f Roddy white

Exactly
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Probably the first time in a long time this has happened:

"On Tuesday, Shanahan gave a lengthy, detailed presentation for the scouts on what his staff would be looking for at each position."

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/02/16/john-lynch-san-francisco-49ers-gm-career-path
Share 49ersWebzone