49ers rookie Ricky Pearsall will make NFL debut vs. Chiefs →

There are 171 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
you are full it today. kyle picked jimmy and we won like 2 to 1 ratio. this is your routine. you put down our former players and coaches, just like you put down Harbaugh needlessly. you don't need to put down others to prop kyle up. we can like all these 49ers, the current ones and former ones.

I had no problem calling out Jimmy while he was here….we had plenty of conversations about it years ago. I was correct and you were wrong…our HC camouflaged all his warts. He's not a good QB. He played on a great team with a great HC. There's a massive difference.

For the hundredth time Jim is being discussed because folks have no problem s**tting on Kyle calling him a choker…Jim did the same s**t when he was here. He lost multiple NFCCs and a SB….yet they will defend him. It's calling out hypocritical posters, who push f**king stupid narratives that are easily debunked.

I shouldn't have to explain the reasoning of him being brought up in here anymore…I've explained it now multiple times
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This is 100% correct.

Jim is a choker! Lost multiple NFCC and a SB when he was here.

until you admit that, you're stance on Kyle is meaningless

Is it really choking if you never see a lead in the SB?

But Jim is a winner though...

That's right. Shany is the CHOKER. Had 3 solid leads in the Super Bowl and lost them all.

I knew I'd get the low hanging fruit with that one. Thanks for coming through.

The half wits always do
I loved Harbaugh, but I would still take Kyle over him anyday. Reaching the super bowl with Jimmy G at QB Is something Kyle doesn't get enough credit for.

2x super bowl appearances with two different QBs Is pretty Impressive tbh. The only that Is missing, Is winning the super bowl Itself, which I'm sure will come In time with experience.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I loved Harbaugh, but I would still take Kyle over him anyday. Reaching the super bowl with Jimmy G at QB Is something Kyle doesn't get enough credit for.

2x super bowl appearances with two different QBs Is pretty Impressive tbh. The only that Is missing, Is winning the super bowl Itself, which I'm sure will come In time with experience.

And the win will come with a less talented roster most likely as the cap continues to tighten beginning next year. Maybe less is more in the end.
you are full it today. kyle picked jimmy and we won like 2 to 1 ratio. this is your routine. you put down our former players and coaches, just like you put down Harbaugh needlessly. you don't need to put down others to prop kyle up. we can like all these 49ers, the current ones and former ones.

I had no problem calling out Jimmy while he was here….we had plenty of conversations about it years ago. I was correct and you were wrong…our HC camouflaged all his warts. He's not a good QB. He played on a great team with a great HC. There's a massive difference.

For the hundredth time Jim is being discussed because folks have no problem s**tting on Kyle calling him a choker…Jim did the same s**t when he was here. He lost multiple NFCCs and a SB….yet they will defend him. It's calling out hypocritical posters, who push f**king stupid narratives that are easily debunked.

I shouldn't have to explain the reasoning of him being brought up in here anymore…I've explained it now multiple times

i needed a laugh today thanks
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Same. I've said I thank Jim for bringing this franchise back to relevance. He's a good coach. Good coaches can and do lose big games.

it was never Jim vs Kyle is was simply pointing out that posters like SD can't keep s**t real. It Kyle is a choker so is Jim. He will never admit that which makes his takes about Kyle meaningless.
They each had their own unique moments in time. Why compare. I had some fun back then. Remembering Kap playing sleeveless in -30 Greenbay. The Beats headphone commercials with Seattle hometown mobbing the bus with hate as it drives into the park and Kap puts on the headphones and all the hate disappears.

I loved Jim H. What ruined it was the non-stop backstabbing from Baalke. The rented planes flying over the park with sell team banners. Fire Baalke banner.

But thru it all a different time. Won no more or less than now as far as a trophy hoist. Feel the same about Kyle but Jim was a little more animated. I liked it.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by English:
Ridiculous comment. An owner would need a particularly good reason to fire a head coach half way through a season. It happens occasionally but there needs to be a good reason, which does not exist in Shanahan's case. Bearing in mind where the team was when we picked him up, that should be taken into account. One of the worst teams in the NFL has been transformed into consistently one of the best.

If Shanahan should be fired for losing superbowls, I assume that in your view the various other HC's who can't even get their team to a superbowl should absolutely be sacked. All of them.

If ownership is dumb enough to sack him, the elapsed time before various other teams queue up to offer him a job would be measured in seconds.

Dude he/she had no clue what they're talking about…apparently having losing seasons, not making the playoffs etc is better than LOSING two NFCC and two SBs in 5 years.

The lack of perspective is mind-numbingly painful. The ignorance is at an all-time high, even after beating our division rival. I won't even get into the lack of football understanding that goes into these comments.

FTFY. Context is everything…and it changes the perspective. Ask any average fan would they be ok with losing 2 SBs and 2 championship games or would they rather not get there to begin with. I think you Shanafans would be surprised with the answer…
lol at no one wanting LOSE in the playoffs or SB… GTFOH

FTFY. Kind of weird how the Shanafans leave key words out of their arguments…
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by English:
Ridiculous comment. An owner would need a particularly good reason to fire a head coach half way through a season. It happens occasionally but there needs to be a good reason, which does not exist in Shanahan's case. Bearing in mind where the team was when we picked him up, that should be taken into account. One of the worst teams in the NFL has been transformed into consistently one of the best.

If Shanahan should be fired for losing superbowls, I assume that in your view the various other HC's who can't even get their team to a superbowl should absolutely be sacked. All of them.

If ownership is dumb enough to sack him, the elapsed time before various other teams queue up to offer him a job would be measured in seconds.

Dude he/she had no clue what they're talking about…apparently having losing seasons, not making the playoffs etc is better than LOSING two NFCC and two SBs in 5 years.

The lack of perspective is mind-numbingly painful. The ignorance is at an all-time high, even after beating our division rival. I won't even get into the lack of football understanding that goes into these comments.

FTFY. Context is everything…and it changes the perspective. Ask any average fan would they be ok with losing 2 SBs and 2 championship games or would they rather not get there to begin with. I think you Shanafans would be surprised with the answer…
lol at no one wanting LOSE in the playoffs or SB… GTFOH

FTFY. Kind of weird how the Shanafans leave key words out of their arguments…

seems you yourself left out a key word. no one wanting lose?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
This is 100% correct.

Jim is a choker! Lost multiple NFCC and a SB when he was here.

until you admit that, you're stance on Kyle is meaningless

Is it really choking if you never see a lead in the SB?

But Jim is a winner though...

That's right. Shany is the CHOKER. Had 3 solid leads in the Super Bowl and lost them all.

Why are Kyle's fans bashing on Jim Harbaugh ? If the best defense for Kyle is "well Jim lost a SB too", that's pretty sad. But it's a fair comparison bc Kyle doesn't not belong in the upper echelon of the 49er coaching tree. If anything he'll go down in infamy similar to Marv Levy…

• DrEll
  • Veteran

Fair enough. I think it's a good idea to compare Kyle to other SB losers. I think he's passed Jim Harbaugh on the list. I'd say he's competing with Matt Levy and Dan Reeve's for all time at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone