Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
SD49er fighting 1v100.

More like Nick Wright with Tourettes 1v100
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
SD49er fighting 1v100.

SD reminds me on Wimp Lo in these fights

The worst thread in the forum. Just round and round and round and round and...
Originally posted by Wagga49er:

Can't have a rational discussion with people who think coaches who are 30 games under .500 for their career are better head coaches than Kyle.
Originally posted by Wagga49er:

Just grown men that are attention whores bc they don't have much going on in their life.
Would be nice if it was just contained to the Shanny thread, unfortunately there's a couple of "fans" who just want to derail every thread possible by somehow relating everything back to him.
Do you think Kyle will run more screens this game to counter some of space blitzes?

Slags seems to always have blitzes that have our OL confused. I'm interested in seeing how Kyle finally counters this.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Do you think Kyle will run more screens this game to counter some of space blitzes?

Slags seems to always have blitzes that have our OL confused. I'm interested in seeing how Kyle finally counters this.

Kyle needs to work with the Oline coach and get his protections corrected. Two big plays of the game were on 3rd downs in the Super Bowl where Kyle called the correct play, but our s**tty oline protection didn't adjust correctly. We had enough blockers against the blitz but they didn't shift and pick it up correctly. I watched Bill Belichick do a review on this and it angers me even more after watching it. Both times we had players open but the protection didn't pick up correctly. I will try to find the video and post.

Edit* heres the video

[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 19, 2024 at 6:01 PM ]

Kyle needs to work with the Oline coach and get his protections corrected. Two big plays of the game were on 3rd downs in the Super Bowl where Kyle called the correct play, but our s**tty oline protection didn't adjust correctly. We had enough blockers against the blitz but they didn't shift and pick it up correctly. I watched Bill Belichick do a review on this and it angers me even more after watching it. Both times we had players open but the protection didn't pick up correctly. I will try to find the video and post.

Edit* heres the video

same here. I saw the Bill Breakdown as well. It pissed me off.

IIRC Purdy doesn't have the ability to adjust OL protection at the line. I think that's the centers job. That may be part of the issue when facing spags. Brady, Manning, Mahomes, etc all had/have the ability to make adjustments at the line. But, all Purdy has is hope and prayer that his center calls the correct protections.

Also, from what I recall, this was one of the reasons we didn't go after Brady because Kyle would've had to give up some of the reigns to his offense( Audibles, protection calls, etc) Brady has mentioned during broadcasting that he always wanted last say on the offense because he was the one staring down the barrel.

And that wouldn't have happened here with the way Kyle runs his offense. Kyle believes all his plays have an answer built in to what the defense is doing. As we have seen in some cases it doesn't, like the SB.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Oct 19, 2024 at 8:04 PM ]
Probably never going to happen, but it would be awesome if Kyle gave Purdy some freedom to make audibles at the line of scrimmage and make protection calls. And by audibles I mean like change routes based on the defense. I know he has couple of plays he can can switch to(or can), run and pass, if he doesn't like what what he sees. But I'm talking about like if defense is in 0 blitz, audible Aiyuk to a fade or something. Or sees that a top corner is out for a play and sees a mismatch, maybe make that WR the primary. Basically, what Brady, Manning, Mahomes, etc were/have been able to do.

im sure I'm not the only one that has seen a top corner out for injury or something and screaming at the tv to target the 3rd stringer that came in lol

this was one of my issues with the Greg Roman days.

I know Kyle and Romans way of doing things is meant to make it easier for the QB. But, I feel like Purdy is smart enough decision maker that he can handle it.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Oct 19, 2024 at 8:35 PM ]

• Jason
  • Veteran
Probably never going to happen, but it would be awesome if Kyle gave Purdy some freedom to make audibles at the line of scrimmage and make protection calls. And by audibles I mean like change routes based on the defense. I know he has couple of plays he can can switch to(or can), run and pass, if he doesn't like what what he sees. But I'm talking about like if defense is in 0 blitz, audible Aiyuk to a fade or something. Or sees that a top corner is out for a play and sees a mismatch, maybe make that WR the primary. Basically, what Brady, Manning, Mahomes, etc were/have been able to do.

im sure I'm not the only one that has seen a top corner out for injury or something and screaming at the tv to target the 3rd stringer that came in lol

I know Kyle and Romans way of doing things is meant to make it easier for the QB. But, I feel like Purdy is smart enough decision maker that he can handle it.

Wait, how do we know that Brock can't change the play. If I recall there are many occasions he's given two plays depending on what he sees. This information is presented as fact but I listen to the press conferences as well as many podcasts and I've never heard this. I've also not heard who calls the protections (Kyle? The center? Brock?) is there a link we can get to confirm this?
Originally posted by Jason:

Wait, how do we know that Brock can't change the play. If I recall there are many occasions he's given two plays depending on what he sees. This information is presented as fact but I listen to the press conferences as well as many podcasts and I've never heard this. I've also not heard who calls the protections (Kyle? The center? Brock?) is there a link we can get to confirm this?
We do know, know posts like this is BS

When do you ever see the center pointing out protections?

Yeah, I mentioned what you're talking about. He can audible from run to pass and vice versa. But that's not what I'm talking about if you re-read my post. I'm basing this info off articles and film review breakdowns of Kyle's offense that I've come across over the years. I could be wrong…
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

We do know, know posts like this is BS

When do you ever see the center pointing out protections?

Who calls out protections? Can you break it down for us. I was under the impression that it's not Purdy's job to do that. I can't recall ever seeing Purdy point out protections either like you would see with Brady, Manning, etc
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
SD49er fighting 1v100.

Share 49ersWebzone