LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 220 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Do you think Kyle will run more screens this game to counter some of space blitzes?

Slags seems to always have blitzes that have our OL confused. I'm interested in seeing how Kyle finally counters this.

Kyle needs to work with the Oline coach and get his protections corrected. Two big plays of the game were on 3rd downs in the Super Bowl where Kyle called the correct play, but our s**tty oline protection didn't adjust correctly. We had enough blockers against the blitz but they didn't shift and pick it up correctly. I watched Bill Belichick do a review on this and it angers me even more after watching it. Both times we had players open but the protection didn't pick up correctly. I will try to find the video and post.

Edit* heres the video

The first one was mcduffie blitz. Kyle decided to be cute and line Kittle up at rb. Kittle doesn't pickup the blitz (he's not in a spot he's used to) and Brock doesn't get it out hot

The second was on Burford, but there was no reason to have the line pulling in the first place. There's beauty in simplicity as Andy has shown with his corndog plays in the last two SBs. Clear defined read that gets WIDE open. Imagine Kyle calling such a great play that Kittle is on the field watching our wr catch the game winner on the Jumbotron. That's how it was for the chiefs and Kelce, and they didn't have to get cute to do it. It was simple execution in crunch time
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 20, 2024 at 4:27 AM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Do you think Kyle will run more screens this game to counter some of space blitzes?

Slags seems to always have blitzes that have our OL confused. I'm interested in seeing how Kyle finally counters this.

Kyle needs to work with the Oline coach and get his protections corrected. Two big plays of the game were on 3rd downs in the Super Bowl where Kyle called the correct play, but our s**tty oline protection didn't adjust correctly. We had enough blockers against the blitz but they didn't shift and pick it up correctly. I watched Bill Belichick do a review on this and it angers me even more after watching it. Both times we had players open but the protection didn't pick up correctly. I will try to find the video and post.

Edit* heres the video

The first one was mcduffie blitz. Kyle decided to be cute and line Kittle up at rb. Kittle doesn't pickup the blitz (he's not in a spot he's used to) and Brock doesn't get it out hot

The second was on Burford, but there was no reason to have the line pulling in the first place. There's beauty in simplicity as Andy has shown with his corndog plays in the last two SBs. Clear defined read that gets WIDE open. Imagine Kyle calling such a great play that Kittle is on the field watching our wr catch the game winner on the Jumbotron. That's how it was for the chiefs and Kelce, and they didn't have to get cute to do it. It was simple execution in crunch time

Some guy with Cheetos dust on his finger >>>> BB

Our fans are a joke lmao
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Edit* heres the video

Our fans are a joke lmao

I don't disagree with anything BB said
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Our fans are a joke lmao

Apparently, Gore loves Cheetos
Turnover on downs= 0
interception = 0
kyle= garbage
Is this the thread where we can talk about firing Shanahan and Lynch? Or does it have its own thread yet?
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Is this the thread where we can talk about firing Shanahan and Lynch? Or does it have its own thread yet?

You can talk about firing Shanahan in here. Just be warned your going to have people who have common sense making fun of your opinion.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

You can talk about firing Shanahan in here. Just be warned your going to have people who have common sense making fun of your opinion.

36 yards in the first half today......I bet I'd have some educated people that would agree
Chiefs will go undefeated this season.
Just hope someone takes them out before the super bowl. Assuming we get there.

Which is a long shot.

Reid absolutely owns this guy.

36 yards in the first half today......I bet I'd have some educated people that would agree

There's often a disconnect between educated and intelligence.

Shanahan is a good HC. Not great.

I'll leave it at that...

Shanahan was drunk at the Super Bowl. Seemed to not know the rules to OT. There is no longer an identity to this team. Time to blow it up.

Shanahan was drunk at the Super Bowl. Seemed to not know the rules to OT. There is no longer an identity to this team. Time to blow it up.

Lol f**king stupid

Lol f**king stupid

He didn't know the OT rules.....
Reid and Spags have Shanny's number. Sad but true.
Share 49ersWebzone