Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 382 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
As a fan, I can never forgive him for costing us two titles. It's what he will always be remembered for.

s**t, it is two titles now yeah lol. I keep thinking it was him and harbawz, one each

It's because these two coaches refusing to run the ball at the end of the games that prevented the 49ers from being 8-0 in the Super Bowl to losing 3 straight.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Kyle needs to fire ST coach, bench Campbell, and get rid of Bell.

At this point I've just accepted they're very high on Campbell and that's not changing.

Then there is something wrong with them if dumb fans like us can tell he's garbage.
Kyle will never win a SB
He is this generation's Marc Levy

If you are ok with that as a coach then he's your guy.

The 49ers should not be ok with that and she handle Kyle accordingly.
Kyle has faced these guys how many times now and can't figure them out? That's a problem.
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Is it Kyle or is it Broock who was at fault today?

Are we here to answer questions or just call each other names?

Mahomes played just as bad a Brock and still won, Kyle has been to blame for years now, people just refuse to see it because they are just happy to settle with getting to the Super Bowl, they dont care if we win it or not.

Nah, Mahomes played way better. His ints were a tipped pass and Worthy slipping. Two of BP's ints were entirely his fault and you could argue the third as well (last one). Purdy clearly cost us this game and Aiyuk's season.
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
As a fan, I can never forgive him for costing us two titles. It's what he will always be remembered for.

s**t, it is two titles now yeah lol. I keep thinking it was him and harbawz, one each

It's because these two coaches refusing to run the ball at the end of the games that prevented the 49ers from being 8-0 in the Super Bowl to losing 3 straight.

I still can't believe the play call at the end of SB 47. That was horrid.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Kyle will never win a SB

You sure about that ? This past week, we had guys chiming he was better than Seifert…
Is it Kyle or is it Broock who was at fault today?

Are we here to answer questions or just call each other names?

Mahomes played just as bad a Brock and still won, Kyle has been to blame for years now, people just refuse to see it because they are just happy to settle with getting to the Super Bowl, they dont care if we win it or not.

Nah, Mahomes played way better. His ints were a tipped pass and Worthy slipping. Two of BP's ints were entirely his fault and you could argue the third as well (last one). Purdy clearly cost us this game and Aiyuk's season.

As if Aiyuk was making a difference after he got paid.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The 49ers franchise is in freefall and it's time its supporter based realised that Kyle is not the man.
If these guys get their wish, I hope they are happy when s**t gets like tomsula

If we get a Tomsula the result will be the same as Kyle Shanahan. Zero Super Bowl wins.

Higher draft picks though

If we keep Lynch it will be wasted high draft picks

Lynch should be fired now, the horrendous OL should fall on the GM.

That wouldn't be enough, the one with real power over drafting and front office has been Kyle since Day One. That would need to change as well and I think he needs to just simply be a HC only. Lynch is just a PR mouth piece with the supposed benefit of league-wide connections.

I know but Jed can hire a GM that isn't here to suck Kyle's dick and say yes sir.

Unfortunately due to the post-Harbs debacle with Tomsula & Kelly, Jed had little to no leverage and had to Kyle give complete control to at least consider us. The team before Kyle was so undesirable & pathetic as a destination ppl like Vrabel, Chris Ballard etc. simply used the Niners as bargaining chips to up their pay/job roles & stay with their respective teams.
[ Edited by ninerFate on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:34 PM ]
Total we had $80 million of cap sitting on the sidelines or injured and sick.

Hargrave $20 million, McCaffrey $20 million, Samuel $20 million and Ayuck $20 million.

Don't sign big contracts.

or at least spend enough time on your back-ups to make you competitive like Kansas City chiefs did.

Reid really proved what an amazing coach he is today.

Hargrave $20 million, McCaffrey $20 million, Samuel $20 million and Ayuck $20 million.

or at least spend enough time on your back-ups to make you competitive like Kansas City chiefs did.

Reid really predicted all those injuries... that's how good he is..

Sarcasm aside, This is unacceptable to have so much money on the bench with nothing to show for.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:32 PM ]
I am waiting for tomorrow when NY comes in to defend Kyle to death so I can try and trigger him

Yeah because Reid utilizes his young talent and develops them. With Kyle you gotta "earn" your time on the field.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Kyle will never win a SB

I don't know who Marc Levy is, but Marv Levy led the Buffalo Bills to 4 Super Bowls in a row and lost all four of them.

Just to be clear about things, the first loss came because of a missed field goal, the next three losses his teams were blown out.

Kyle has only been a HC in the Super Bowl 2x and made sure to leave the margin so close that a few player f**k ups were the difference in each game.

The comparison between Marv Levy and Kyle Shanahn is not apt and is actually disingenuous.

Talk to us if/when Kyle loses a couple more Super Bowls and gets blown out in the process.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The 49ers franchise is in freefall and it's time its supporter based realised that Kyle is not the man.
If these guys get their wish, I hope they are happy when s**t gets like tomsula

That tomsula argument is incredibly stupid. It also leads people to believe that ownership is not capable. So we got lucky with Kyle? We will never find a coach that can lead the team to the playoffs? Such a pathetic argument. Lets see what you think at the end of the year when we don't make the post season. And again next year. Maybe by then you will see it for what it is. Kyle needs to go.

Kyle doesn't need to go anywhere. He needs to strip and reload the team. He's a very capable coach who is in a rut while other NFC teams are rising. We're in the midst of out with the old and in with the new. The Bears, Packers, Lions, Commanders, Vikings, and maybe even the Eagles have a great team and/or young rising QB. We're staring a 5 year rebuild directly in the face. What will Kyle do
Share 49ersWebzone