Report: 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered torn ACL and MCL, possibly other damage →

There are 319 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Kyle will never win a SB
He is this generation's Marc Levy

If you are ok with that as a coach then he's your guy.

The 49ers should not be ok with that and she handle Kyle accordingly.

I don't know who Marc Levy is, but Marv Levy led the Buffalo Bills to 4 Super Bowls in a row and lost all four of them.

Just to be clear about things, the first loss came because of a missed field goal, the next three losses his teams were blown out.

Kyle has only been a HC in the Super Bowl 2x and made sure to leave the margin so close that a few player f**k ups were the difference in each game.

The comparison between Marv Levy and Kyle Shanahn is not apt and is actually disingenuous.

Talk to us if/when Kyle loses a couple more Super Bowls and gets blown out in the process.

He ain't going to make it to anymore here. So I guess by your flawed logic we should wait an eternity.. no thanks. Move on and let's get someone in here who can lead the team.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Just like Harbaugh in 2014, I'm over Kyle. He's taken us as far as he's going to

This season has a very similar feel to it.
Losing in big games has never been acceptable until recently, imagine telling Patriots fans in 2007, "aT lEaSt yU gOt tO dUh sUpEr bOwL" pathetic mindset. When you have arguably the best roster in the league for several years, winning at least 1 championship should be expected.

I blame LeBron James
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Oct 20, 2024 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by redrathman:
Also keep in mind that he had great assistants that called him out on his b******t during that first Super Bowl, and now he is left with yes-men that serve his ego. No one wants to admit that the king wears no clothing, and instead want to blame injuries or out of shape players.

His assistants were hired away and promoted. That was a product of success, not failure. It's not news that you aren't guaranteed to replace quality assets. If anything, the evidence shows he will move on pretty quickly if something isn't working (see Wilks, and a host of player examples).
Anyone else just not finding this season enjoyable? Like I have such high expectations for this team based off last year but this team just isn't that good. I think Dallas game is really gonna guide us on how we proceed with this season moving forward.
I don't think I'll ever be a "fire Shanahan" guy -- he turned the worst team in the league into a perennial Super Bowl contender -- but he absolutely has to be better too.

It was embarrassing that two guys missed a block on one player. It was embarrassing that we couldn't get a single yard in short yardage all game with our RB. It was laughable that Reid was the only one running screens to counter pressure all game while Kyle left Brock in to get lit up and continue to be inaccurate struggling against the blitz.
The 3 wasted 1st round picks for Trey_NING Wheels are still rearing it's ugly head. Other teams have been rebuilding. While we had no high picks. Now you see the results. He should be fired for that alone. Among other things.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Anyone else just not finding this season enjoyable? Like I have such high expectations for this team based off last year but this team just isn't that good. I think Dallas game is really gonna guide us on how we proceed with this season moving forward.

i didn't have the highest expectations, just from history of losing to KC before, we went like 6-10. it's a wide open year still. the NFC west used to be elite now it's hot garbage. SEA is so bad.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:

I can't imagine any fans thinking a 3-4 start and multiple injuries has been fun. It's been a brutal start on many fronts. We fortunately have opportunities still given how weak our division and conference is, but we are losing margin for error.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Also keep in mind that he had great assistants that called him out on his b******t during that first Super Bowl, and now he is left with yes-men that serve his ego. No one wants to admit that the king wears no clothing, and instead want to blame injuries or out of shape players.

His assistants were hired away and promoted. That was a product of success, not failure. It's not news that you aren't guaranteed to replace quality assets. If anything, the evidence shows he will move on pretty quickly if something isn't working (see Wilks, and a host of player examples).

He'll have an opportunity to get Saleh and maybe even Klint Kubiak back in the offseason. I just hope he brings them back.

The last loss
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Kyle will never win a SB

I don't know who Marc Levy is, but Marv Levy led the Buffalo Bills to 4 Super Bowls in a row and lost all four of them.

Just to be clear about things, the first loss came because of a missed field goal, the next three losses his teams were blown out.

Kyle has only been a HC in the Super Bowl 2x and made sure to leave the margin so close that a few player f**k ups were the difference in each game.

The comparison between Marv Levy and Kyle Shanahn is not apt and is actually disingenuous.

Talk to us if/when Kyle loses a couple more Super Bowls and gets blown out in the process.

He ain't going to make it to anymore here. So I guess by your flawed logic we should wait an eternity.. no thanks. Move on and let's get someone in here who can lead the team.
Kyle will never win a SB

The last SB loss was not a player screw up that cost us. It was Kyle deciding on the biggest play of his career to try and block the Chief's most dangerous rusher, arguably the most dangerous defensive player in the game, with a 3rd string tight end resulting in Chris Jones rushing free to the QB on a play where the receiver was wide open. End game right there.

That sums up Kyle's career, too cute, too gimmicky, too stubborn, and too dumb to do the right thing at the right time. He will never win a Superbowl and as long as he is here neither with the 49ers.
[ Edited by HONEYBADGER on Oct 20, 2024 at 6:35 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't think I'll ever be a "fire Shanahan" guy -- he turned the worst team in the league into a perennial Super Bowl contender -- but he absolutely has to be better too.

It was embarrassing that two guys missed a block on one player. It was embarrassing that we couldn't get a single yard in short yardage all game with our RB. It was laughable that Reid was the only one running screens to counter pressure all game while Kyle left Brock in to get lit up and continue to be inaccurate struggling against the blitz.

Kyle had a bad day. Some of his warts were really highlighted.

I'm not a Kyle hater but his absolute unwillingness to gameplan around pressure is maddening.
The last loss
Kyle will never win a SB

Kyle will never win a SB

The last SB loss was not a player screw up that cost us. It was Kyle deciding on the biggest play of his career to try and block the Chief's most dangerous rusher, arguably the most dangerous defensive player in the game, with a 3rd string right end resulting in Chris Jones rushing free to the QB on a play where the receiver was wide open. End game right there.

That sums up Kyle's career, too cute, too gimmicky, too stubborn, and too dumb to do the right thing at the right time. He will never win a Superbowl and as long as he is here neither with the 49ers.

Kyle has forgotten the screen play, completely forgotten it.
The last loss

The last SB loss was not a player screw up that cost us. It was Kyle deciding on the biggest play of his career to try and block the Chief's most dangerous rusher, arguably the most dangerous defensive player in the game, with a 3rd string right end resulting in Chris Jones rushing free to the QB on a play where the receiver was wide open. End game right there.

yeah that SB was just awful from Shanny on a lot of levels. i'm disappointed in not learning seemingly anything from facing KC. same old mess. hopefully someone else knocks them off.
Share 49ersWebzone